Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dunno if he'll be the best but I'd most definitely rather see Pace take the best defensive player on the board at #7 and hold off and address the WR position later with a guy like Beckham.

You may be falling into the draft for need instead of the BPA......I'd rather they get a player they think will be a long term starter than an area of need for need's sake. If that turns out to be an OLB than so be it. But I don't want to settle for a player because it is in an area of need.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I find it a bit concerning, that there isn't a consensus #1 ranked WR in this draft........but so many folks want us to use pick #7 on one.
last year worked out great for WRs, but it was an anomaly.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I find it a bit concerning, that there isn't a consensus #1 ranked WR in this draft........but so many folks want us to use pick #7 on one.
last year worked out great for WRs, but it was an anomaly.

The AJ Green/Julio Jones year had one WR that was more polished and one that was a better athlete. I think it's comparible aside from the fact that Cooper is a bit smaller than the 3 other WRs being compared (Green, Jones and White).

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may be falling into the draft for need instead of the BPA......I'd rather they get a player they think will be a long term starter than an area of need for need's sake. If that turns out to be an OLB than so be it. But I don't want to settle for a player because it is in an area of need.

It has nothing to do with need, I just don't think any WR in this draft are worth taking at #7. If I'm taking a WR that high he's got to be a genetic freak like Calvin or a super explosive playmaker like Watkins. If Pace trades down sure take one, but I just think getting one of the premiere pass rushers at 7 makes more sense. The later round options at WR are better than the later round options for pass rushers IMO.

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
The AJ Green/Julio Jones year had one WR that was more polished and one that was a better athlete. I think it's comparible aside from the fact that Cooper is a bit smaller than the 3 other WRs being compared (Green, Jones and White).

After Pace's comments about being a deep WR class, I think were more than likely, to draft a WR in rounds 3,4 or 5.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has nothing to do with need, I just don't think any WR in this draft are worth taking at #7. If I'm taking a WR that high he's got to be a genetic freak like Calvin or a super explosive playmaker like Watkins. If Pace trades down sure take one, but I just think getting one of the premiere pass rushers at 7 makes more sense. The later round options at WR are better than the later round options for pass rushers IMO.

It really depends on Pace's anfd Fox's evals of what is available. I believe Amari Cooper is a top ten player.

Liked Posts:
I guess this is all just speculation anyways. I honestly think all 3 (White, Cooper, and Parker) will be successful players in the NFL. I think White has the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor. I don't personally like drafting off of ceiling though. I think Cooper and Parker both have really high ceilings and really high floors as well. That's who I go with. Did anyone actually believe OBJ would do what he did this year? You just never know how it is going to shake out. If the Bears get anyone of those 3 it will be hard to be mad on draft day.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I highly doubt we do WR at 7 - maybe a CB or someone projected to be ILB or OLB. There should be an impact player there at 7. NT might also be looked at. Everyone says BPA, but it's not necessarily true. Not real wild about White or Cooper at 7 compared to the players likely available. I think I'd take Cooper over White, but I'm on the fence.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I could care less what position we go as long as its not a reach. You can make a case for every postilion on defense and WR or OT on offense (no RB should go top 10 anymore)

Liked Posts:
I honestly think the Bears will end up with one these players in the first: Mariota, Cooper/White, Beasley/Fowler, Waynes, or Scherff/Collins. I know that is a pretty wide range of players and it doesn't really offer much insight in the sense of it would not be a surprise if any of the those guys were taken, but I would be surprised at this point if one of those names weren't called by the Bears assuming they stay #7.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think the Bears will end up with one these players in the first: Mariota, Cooper/White, Beasley/Fowler, Waynes, or Scherff/Collins. I know that is a pretty wide range of players and it doesn't really offer much insight in the sense of it would not be a surprise if any of the those guys were taken, but I would be surprised at this point if one of those names weren't called by the Bears assuming they stay #7.

That is a good thing...It is a good thing that it is a mystery. Pace as made a few tactical FA pickups in the off season that will allow a certain flexibility if needs be. at 7.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
jerry rice had a vertical of 32 inches. this is an asinine thread. one guy arguing that cooper isn't going to be good because of his vertical.

and for the record cooper actually ran the exact same 40(maybe even slightly faster) then white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ
Odds are against Cooper.

You had to dig real deep for Jerry Rice.

How many game changing receivers are in the league now that are 6-1 and have a low vertical and the ones you name how many was drafted early 1st round.

We critique Arm length on a D or O lineman but ignore vertical on a receiver.

At #7 the kid better have a ridiculous ceiling and Cooper doesnt. The receiver that are normally taken in the top 15 has a ridiculous ceiling.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
A great route runner will always be more consistent than a go up and get it guy, all other things equal.
Yes and Cooper is good but when you draft a receiver in the top 10 you are trying to get a guy who has the best shot to be a star. All im saying is White has way more upside then Cooper. Cooper brings you nothing Eddie Royal doesnt bring you but a bigger version. A guy who can get in and out of his breaks and get open. Thats what you guys wanna waste a rare top ten round pick on.

Eddie Royal also posted a higher vertical then Cooper.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yes and Cooper is good but when you draft a receiver in the top 10 you are trying to get a guy who has the best shot to be a star. All im saying is White has way more upside then Cooper. Cooper brings you nothing Eddie Royal doesnt bring you but a bigger version. A guy who can get in and out of his breaks and get open. Thats what you guys wanna waste a rare top ten round pick on.

Eddie Royal also posted a higher vertical then Cooper.
It depends on your draft philosophy. If you wanna spend your high picks on boom or bust players, the go ahead and be prepared for the Heyward Bay and Dion Jordan's of the NFL. Good football players generally stick around, while athletic freaks often have a really high bust factor.

Drafting a WR in the top 10 is no different from drafting any position in the top 10. You want a playmaker. Personally, I'd rather take risky gambles on lower draft picks, not higher.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a speed/size combo whore, so I like Kevin White long term, but I would have no problem with either or.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
It depends on your draft philosophy. If you wanna spend your high picks on boom or bust players, the go ahead and be prepared for the Heyward Bay and Dion Jordan's of the NFL. Good football players generally stick around, while athletic freaks often have a really high bust factor.
Receivers bust all the time tall, short or fast that gets drafted in top 10. But the ones that dont bust normally posses certain attributes valuable to a receiver on the next level. Odds are against the Cooper to become a bonifide star that warrants the 7th pick in the draft.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Receivers bust all the time tall, short or fast that gets drafted in top 10. But the ones that dont bust normally posses certain attributes valuable to a receiver on the next level. Odds are against the Cooper to become a bonifide star that warrants the 7th pick in the draft.

You're missing the other side of things, because the odds are that White will not end up being the next Fitzgerald... And it's more likely he'll be the next Stephen Hill. It's the whole higher ceiling and lower floor thing.

And speaking of Hill, you're starting to sound like that firefront guy that was jazzing all over his favorite WR in the draft.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
You're missing the other side of things, because the odds are that White will not end up being the next Fitzgerald... And it's more likely he'll be the next Stephen Hill. It's the whole higher ceiling and lower floor thing.

And speaking of Hill, you're starting to sound like that firefront guy that was jazzing all over his favorite WR in the draft.
Hill was a 2nd round pick

For every Carlos Rodgers or Roy there is a Fitz or AJ green. For every shorter receiver with no vertical drafted in the top 10 you gotta dig real deep to find a successful one.

My point is Cooper is good but he aint top 10 pick good. Can he be good in the league yes and probably will be. But the 7th pick that mofo better be great or he is a bust.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd rank them this way:

1. Amari Cooper
2. La'el Collins LOL
3. Kevin White

Even though Collins isn't a WR, he'd be a good pick for the Bears.