analytics-experts-have-big-concerns-with-bears-pass-protection

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I-feel-ok-with-four-of-the-five-current-starters-but-if-Jenkins-gets-hurt-that-would-be-a-big-problem.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One way or another, I think the Ram's game (a game I don't think we'll win) is going to be an eye-opener.

even with rams, the game is so early and there gon be so many new faces on the OL, it's only gon tell so much

good or bad, the squad is gon be a work in progress for a big chunk of the season

personally, I appreciate that the bears are going out on a limb in an effort to move forward and doing it through the draft is the right way

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I-feel-ok-with-four-of-the-five-current-starters-but-if-Jenkins-gets-hurt-that-would-be-a-big-problem.
If either tackle gets hurt...then it's Simmons & Wilkinson.

And it was impossible for Pace to do anything about depth until 2021 ?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
even with rams, the game is so early and there gon be so many new faces on the OL, it's only gon tell so much

good or bad, the squad is gon be a work in progress for a big chunk of the season

personally, I appreciate that the bears are going out on a limb in an effort to move forward and doing it through the draft is the right way
Yeah. Making judgments about the OL after 1 week either way is pretty knee jerk. But CCS gonna CCS.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

It's either Wilkinson or Borom, then Bars. Sadly that depth is actually quite a bit better than last year

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
For like the 100th time: the problem has been going on since 2017. It didn't just start in 2021.
^^This ^^- It was a Captan Obvious article no matter who wrote it-
When things like this get posted it doesn't take long before Noogy's nut huggers come out to defend him.

Noogy's base offense has been shit for the last 2 years - basically after the rest of the league got some tape on him- It was easy to figure him out-

Oh and don't bring up how he had better OL players on the bench/practice squad and out of position for the first half of last season.

You can thank Bill Lazor for saving Noogy and Pace's job last season-

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bars and Borom can play LT?
No. Who could play LT last year? Spriggs? While I think people are underestimating when they say it's a given Jenkins will be as good Leno, I do actually feel that way about Spriggs and the guys replacing him this year

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You man play caller?
No I mean QB. The Bears have always sucked at QB and everyone knows it. Teams can throw whatever they want at the Bears knowing they don't have the QB to make them pay for being aggressive. That's something every Bears OL in modern history has had to deal with.

It doesn't mean the OL is particularly good but it surely makes life harder for them and probably makes them look worse than they have been.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
^^This ^^- It was a Captan Obvious article no matter who wrote it-
When things like this get posted it doesn't take long before Noogy's nut huggers come out to defend him.

Noogy's base offense has been shit for the last 2 years - basically after the rest of the league got some tape on him- It was easy to figure him out-

Oh and don't bring up how he had better OL players on the bench/practice squad and out of position for the first half of last season.

You can thank Bill Lazor for saving Noogy and Pace's job last season-
Who is Noogy?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It’s never “impossible”

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
No I mean QB. The Bears have always sucked at QB and everyone knows it. Teams can throw whatever they want at the Bears knowing they don't have the QB to make them pay for being aggressive. That's something every Bears OL in modern history has had to deal with.

It doesn't mean the OL is particularly good but it surely makes life harder for them and probably makes them look worse than they have been.
And finally I think the Bears have the answer at QB in Fields.