Anthony Rizzo guarantees....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How do you know he's the leader? What makes you attribute this to him.

By watching him.

Anyone who has seen 5 minutes of Cubs baseball recently knows Rizzo is a leader. He embraces that role, he stands up for his teammates and has their back. He is unquestionably the leader on that team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
FWIW, I was on a Cardinal fan forum here the other day, and the Rizzo comment was the subject of a thread.

I assumed there would be lots of ripping him, laughing at him, name calling - since that is what Cards' fans do most - but the comments were the opposite. The consensus was that it was perfectly OK, they were cool with it, most said "Every player in baseball should be taking that stance, I have no problem with it."

What Rizzo did was send a message to his teammates that they're not here to be .500 or simply more watchable. They have a mission - as does every team - and that is to win. I love what he said. he didn't disrespect any opponent, or say anything in a crappy way. He simply set the bar for his team.

He is a leader.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
So the arguments being made against Rizzo making this statement is that they should win something first or maybe get better players? Do I have that right? Here's why I love that he said it; if it is to be in 2015 it's going to be up to a bunch of kids that don't know that they're not supposed to win, they haven't gotten where they are by wallowing in self doubt and of course having the best player on their team say that damn straight they're gonna win this year is exactly what they need to hear. Doesn't hurt that he's not much older than they are. Then on top of that they also have a veteran pitcher who says he wouldn't be here if he didn't think they could win. Both things are a helluva way to go into Spring Training.

Listen fans are supposed to be skeptics, we've been disappointed, lied to and let down to many times to count by whatever teams we root for. I get it. My expectations for the Cubs are not as high as Rizzo's and nor should they be but if his, and the rest of his teammates, aren't aiming high they will surely hit that lower mark they're aiming for. We all think, based on considerable evidence, that this looks like a .500 team, the very definition of mediocre, but we have the luxury of looking at that as a stepping stone to getting better. You want the players going into the season saying "gosh we really hope we can get to mediocre this year"? C'mon now.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not gonna happen ever. The Sox have the most uninspiring ownership, leadership, ball field and team within a 10 hour drive of Illinois. As fans of a team that won a World Series over a decade ago and has fallen so badly enough to have the same record last year as the woeful Cubbies, Sox fans here seem to have a huge inferiority complex.

You are entitles to your opinion, but the fact is your brought up the Sox.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
You know, I'm so tired of the Cubs/Sox BS I can't even tell you. I don't live in Chicago anymore but spent the first 51 years of my life in that area and I always want what's best for the city. Growing up my mother was a Cubs fan and my father a Sox fan converted from a Tigers fan. I rooted for both teams for most of my life but eventually gravitated mostly to the Cubs side but I do follow the Sox and always wish them well. Some casual back and forth between fans is fun and probably good. I like the crosstown rivalry but when it crosses over to mean spirited, poorly thought out epitaphs thrown with abandon, and I mean on both sides here, that's not good. If this town sees competitive baseball on both sides of the city this year that's nothing but great news for Chicago.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sox fans drew first blood, not me. Dews drew first blood...

Wasn't it you in this thread? Post #6 I think?

What Dews did was laugh at the thought which was agreed upon by a Cub Fan. :shrug: Not the same as attacking the other city team/fanbase in a non-related thread.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wasn't it you in this thread? Post #6 I think?

What Dews did was laugh at the thought which was agreed upon by a Cub Fan. :shrug: Not the same as attacking the other city team/fanbase in a non-related thread.
:turrible:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I was hoping to come in here and read, "Rizzo guarantees a top 5 draft pick for next year".

Like 5 people a year say this in every sport, and somehow it continues to be a big story. Never understood that
That's my initial thought.

How in the fuck are the cubs going to pass the Cards?

Out of the cellar? Sure. I think Cinci and Pittsburgh regress big time. I think the Cubs take 3rd behind Milwaukee and St. Louis.

If Jason Heyward completely busts--he may; I think he has the yips,--there's a fighting chance.

But if Heyward is even average--the Cubs are a 3rd place team. The ignoring of the drafting of TOR pitching is going to bite them in the ass. Lester cannot do it on his own, and they need far more than Arrieta repeating last year. Hendricks has to progress--and you can bet teams have film on him.

Travis Wood needs to be not a gigantic piece of shit. Tsuyoshi Wada has to be lights out if Wood is the huge piece of shit I expect. And then we need a farmhand to step in.

We don't have that. The ignoring of drafting TOR pitching will bite this team in the ass. 2 years from now there's nobody who screams TOR.

Love Rizzo's spunk though. He's got the right attitude.

So you think the Brewers are better than the Cardinals?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frankly, I would be upset if a leader of our team just bowed his head and said I dont know. Rizzo has confidence. He should. He is on he cusp on being a superstar and has people he believes behind him. Its life. You know what? Fuck yea, the Cubs are coming and guess what. They are coming whther you like it or not. Our leader is ready and he will march the troops. You would be sucking his dick if he was on the Sox. Rizzo has impressed the fuck out of me. The guy has fire. Im sorry that he or this team doesnt want to roll over because the internet said so. Lets fuck them right in the pussy this year. Fuck yea, Im fucking stoked. Thats a kind of player that gets my jimmy hard and makes me want to put my head through a brick wall. Why? Because he fucking believes and thats what champions do for their team! I have seen the SAINTS win a superbowl. Anything is possible! Fuck yalls!

no we do that for abreu

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Doesn't he always? haha him and Brett spend more time in the Cubs section over the Sox section, I bet. Haha

1 championship in 90+ years. Doesn't give you a lot of different fan bases to talk shit to. The Cubs just happen to be the only one.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Doesn't he always? haha him and Brett spend more time in the Cubs section over the Sox section, I bet. Haha

We spend more time talking about baseball regardless of where it can be found

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We spend more time talking about baseball regardless of where it can be found
You spend more time talking crap. That isn't the same as talking about baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.