anybody golf?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that'd be cool man. I'm seriously interested...

You're not some 6'7 guy or something are you? Standard is about the longest club my 5'6 ass can handle.

I thought I was the only one who was short lol.

I'm a righty. I have about a 25 handicap. I suck. I don't care, though. It's all about the fun. I can drive the ball about 200 yards. My best part of my game is my accuracy with my irons. I can put it on the green guaranteed from about 130 out and in.

When I play, which this year has yet to happen :(, I like to goof around and do weird shots like aim way to the right and do a hook shot, just to see if I can do it lol. But I use some set my mom got for me at Meijers. It was only like 200 bucks, so it was a good deal for me. I also use a Custom Made Ping Putter that Carstens, the creator of Ping, gave my uncle for his retirement. The thing is so nice. It's an Anser. I have a Nike Driver & then the rest are the stock clubs. We have two courses in town, both suck, so I decide which suckiness I want to experience on a given day.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
im also looking for a set of lefty clubs like X is...if anyone has some they are selling, PM me please

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I rarely do..

Ive got a Northwestern set from when I was in High School..

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im also looking for a set of lefty clubs like X is...if anyone has some they are selling, PM me please

199254_1023983599350_1218047910_68807_2771_n.jpg

:shifty:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I play occasionally. Not as much as I would like.

I shoot anywhere from high 80's to high 90's.

Shot a 94 the other day and wasn't too happy about it.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
guess this is relevant to the topic...any of y'all watching the us open

:shifty:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sox, u get a chance to take some pics?

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Im thinking about turning pro but dont know if I should really hard decision for me. I dont want to play for my college team so there is really no downfall from doing it except I cant try to win the amateur this year.

I have been mauling it over for a while and I still cant decide any advise would help.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Im thinking about turning pro but dont know if I should really hard decision for me. I dont want to play for my college team so there is really no downfall from doing it except I cant try to win the amateur this year.

I have been mauling it over for a while and I still cant decide any advise would help.
What college do you go to :troll:

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
What college do you go to :troll:

That is the thing I just do community college because I didnt want to go far. The place I practice I know the pro he is like a dad to me so I basically hit balls for free 8 hrs a day. I cant imagine doing anything else colleges recruited me but I didnt want to go anywhere basically because at Purdue you are like a slave(terrible reference and sorry if I offend anyone) in a since you have no freedom if you are on a scholarship you do what they say when they say it I didn't like that and didnt think playing in college tourneys was the best way to prepare for the mini tour. So I decided to just take classes at a college and the rest of my time practicing and working to save money for when I need it to qualify for such tourneys.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Also X if you need clubs I have a ton of sets I am a club hoarder I have never sold a set I have owned have about 10 sets of Irons 5 drivers and 6 or 7 wedges and a ton of fairway woods. Also have a bunch of wood clubs I love going out and having fun with I dont know if I have any you would like or for your swing. A bunch of them dont fit me anymore I need a X stiff shaft on all my clubs so a lot of my sets are no good for me unless I re shaft them and that isnt worth it.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I golf, but I suck :lol: it's fun though so I don't care. But I never play on any nice courses or else I hold up groups behind me :/

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also X if you need clubs I have a ton of sets I am a club hoarder I have never sold a set I have owned have about 10 sets of Irons 5 drivers and 6 or 7 wedges and a ton of fairway woods. Also have a bunch of wood clubs I love going out and having fun with I dont know if I have any you would like or for your swing. A bunch of them dont fit me anymore I need a X stiff shaft on all my clubs so a lot of my sets are no good for me unless I re shaft them and that isnt worth it.

I'm a lefty. that's usually a deal breaker :/

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I'm a lefty. that's usually a deal breaker :/

lol ya must be hard to find clubs I know a lot of even the top brands dont make clubs for LHers.

So have you got a set yet??I probably wont buy new clubs until there is an innovation since 2005 there really has been almost 0 innovation hell I have a set of ping eye 3 blades that I would still game and they were made in the early 90s hopeful the next set I get are free due to being sponsored

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol ya must be hard to find clubs I know a lot of even the top brands dont make clubs for LHers.

So have you got a set yet??I probably wont buy new clubs until there is an innovation since 2005 there really has been almost 0 innovation hell I have a set of ping eye 3 blades that I would still game and they were made in the early 90s hopeful the next set I get are free due to being sponsored

Yeah, I got some Ping Eye-2 Orange dots....using Ram woods. Need to upgrade my woods badly. Just bought a LH Affinity putter. Need new woods and a SW, and i'm happy w/ my set.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I got some Ping Eye-2 Orange dots....using Ram woods. Need to upgrade my woods badly. Just bought a LH Affinity putter. Need new woods and a SW, and i'm happy w/ my set.

I love the old ping irons the new ones suck though LOL. I wouldn't upgrade from thoes irons the new iron tech isn't really that great I still hit my old pings and would game them if the grooves were legal.

Yes woods would be about the only thing I would consider upgrading if I was you. I was pissed they changed the groove rules a few years ago I had to buy I new set of irons so I could play in tourneys.

the Tech is crazy now a days I can only hit a wood /steel clubs I have 230 (back then that was long Hogan was around 240)

I have a taylormade head in a Diamana Blueboard 83 X stiff shaft (my swing speed is 115 any thing less stiff is really hard to keep on the trag I like)and that thing is a monster my average carry is 280 (low spin get another 25 yrds of roll). With the new equipment the game is so different then when the guys in the 80s played I mean now my 2 iron blows past what their drivers did pretty crazy how it has evolved.

Really most of gold is scoring I was reading this article about Tom Kite a few years ago. He had a year when he dominated on tour that year from 125 and in he would get up and down 85% of the time (that stat is truly amazing and just an insane short game)

So how tall are you you cant be much bigger than 5'6 orange is so flat it is crazy I dont think I could make contact with a orange dot ping.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love the old ping irons the new ones suck though LOL. I wouldn't upgrade from thoes irons the new iron tech isn't really that great I still hit my old pings and would game them if the grooves were legal.

Yes woods would be about the only thing I would consider upgrading if I was you. I was pissed they changed the groove rules a few years ago I had to buy I new set of irons so I could play in tourneys.

the Tech is crazy now a days I can only hit a wood /steel clubs I have 230 (back then that was long Hogan was around 240)

I have a taylormade head in a Diamana Blueboard 83 X stiff shaft (my swing speed is 115 any thing less stiff is really hard to keep on the trag I like)and that thing is a monster my average carry is 280 (low spin get another 25 yrds of roll). With the new equipment the game is so different then when the guys in the 80s played I mean now my 2 iron blows past what their drivers did pretty crazy how it has evolved.

Really most of gold is scoring I was reading this article about Tom Kite a few years ago. He had a year when he dominated on tour that year from 125 and in he would get up and down 85% of the time (that stat is truly amazing and just an insane short game)

So how tall are you you cant be much bigger than 5'6 orange is so flat it is crazy I dont think I could make contact with a orange dot ping.

I'm about 5'7...the orange dots were recommended to me from a golfing buddy b/c of my size/swing.

Good call.