anybody golf?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anybody ever played w/ a Callaway FT-5 Driver?

CallawayFT-5.jpg

Some of my buds love this driver, so i just picked one up for $30. Gonna hit it tomorrow hopefully.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody ever played w/ a Callaway FT-5 Driver?

CallawayFT-5.jpg

Some of my buds love this driver, so i just picked one up for $30. Gonna hit it tomorrow hopefully.

I've heard good things about it, but I'm a Nike guy myself. A few of my friends have used Callaway.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've heard good things about it, but I'm a Nike guy myself. A few of my friends have used Callaway.

I was honestly looking for a Ping Driver...but when I saw the Callaway (on ebay, actually) with about 20 minutes left on the auction and the bid was @ $8...I thought I'd take a chance. Bid the guy up to $20...then with 1 sec left bit $27.05....but only had to go up another $0.25 to outbid the other guy....So Club + Shipping is $33. Can't beat that.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was honestly looking for a Ping Driver...but when I saw the Callaway (on ebay, actually) with about 20 minutes left on the auction and the bid was @ $8...I thought I'd take a chance. Bid the guy up to $20...then with 1 sec left bit $27.05....but only had to go up another $0.25 to outbid the other guy....So Club + Shipping is $33. Can't beat that.

$33 for a driver is a ridiculously sweet deal. Can't go wrong there.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
$33 for a driver is a ridiculously sweet deal. Can't go wrong there.

Yeah, if I don't like it, I can sell it at the local pro shop for $50, just b/c the local college owns it and it's a callaway.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Occasionally/Rarely. Mainly for the socializing and drinking. Take it too seriously in my foursome--then fuck off.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Occasionally/Rarely. Mainly for the socializing and drinking. Take it too seriously in my foursome--then fuck off.

Same here. If I got serious about it, I would probably break half my clubs. Haha

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
New driver is frkn sweet!

What's everybody's head covers? I'm going to get some new ones...and not sure which way to go....classic uppity head covers....or some fun ones...

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Played today at a newly-renovated course in town -- it's a pretty sweet course. Shot a 51 on the back-9 (which i'm pretty happy with...+15 is good for me!), but then developed some bad blisters on my left thumb and left ring finger. I'm a lefty, and the blisters are where my thumb hits the grip, and where my fingers rub together...am I just gripping too tightly? That seems to make sense, but it caused me to end the day 6 holes shy of a full 18. :(

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Have you tried glvoes?

I wear one on my right hand. I've tried wearing one on my left before, but it didn't help much.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You still got the blisters eh? Try bringing your fingers in pickle juice

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People at work invite me to play sometimes. But they are all ridiculously good and often there is a PGA player or two in the group. I say no because I don't want to embarrass myself, which I completely would. LOL.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
People at work invite me to play sometimes. But they are all ridiculously good and often there is a PGA player or two in the group. I say no because I don't want to embarrass myself, which I completely would. LOL.

As a hacker I've golfed with a scratch golfer before. As long as you don't break etiquette and don't slow play down, you should be ok. I know I enjoyed watching him shoot a 72.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can't believe I missed this thread:

Golf all the time. My career in education pretty much allows for this....lol.

I shoot Cleveland irons, with a Cleveland driver as well. Just picked up a Taylor Made 3 Wood as well. I'm anywhere from mid 80s - 110, and I wish I was kidding. There was a stretch last year where I had three rounds in a week and I went: 87 - 109 - 91

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can wear gloves on both hands, in fact I have a pair of rain gloves, (remind me of the catching gloves the NFL guys wear), that keeps the club from slipping during wet conditions. Glove up both hands or get out and do some manual labor, weed wack the yard toughen up them soft hands of yours, heck your wife might approve?!

On a side not, I shot a 39 on a particularly tough course near my work on Sunday, Tom Fazio's home course, totally blew up the back for an 88, but that front was pretty spectacular on that course for me. We played 1 set in from the tips.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can wear gloves on both hands, in fact I have a pair of rain gloves, (remind me of the catching gloves the NFL guys wear), that keeps the club from slipping during wet conditions. Glove up both hands or get out and do some manual labor, weed wack the yard toughen up them soft hands of yours, heck your wife might approve?!

On a side not, I shot a 39 on a particularly tough course near my work on Sunday, Tom Fazio's home course, totally blew up the back for an 88, but that front was pretty spectacular on that course for me. We played 1 set in from the tips.

I shot a 51 on the back 9 of a relatively difficult course, which was good for me. I average closer to 115-120 over 18...which sucks, but is still fun for me. slowly improving.

We're going to book an outing at the local country club for Friday morning, it's another tough course that is well-respected. I've never played it before -- so anything under 60/9 will be a good outing.

I use ping eye-2 orange dot irons...a calaway driver and ram 3-5 woods...w/ various lob wedges...and a bettinardi putter.