X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Perfect day to go golfing.

Noone to go with :(

images

Tell me about it. I won a free round of golf at the nicest golf course in our area last night...but I'm not going alone -- so It's gonna shelf for a while. :(

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perfect day to go golfing.

Noone to go with :(

images

Tell me about it. I won a free round of golf at the nicest golf course in our area last night...but I'm not going alone -- so It's gonna shelf for a while. :(
I'd go with you guys if you didn't live so far away :( it is a beautiful day and I'm stuck cutting the grass and cleaning my room :pity:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have played a lot of tournament golf in my life. There is an old adage in golf that says: "drive for show putt for dough"

That works for the best players in the world where the only thing that matters is birdies. But for the average golfer it doesnt apply. Because if you can't hit fairways then you cant play.

Hitting 200 yards off the tee is always better than 250 (OB) or behind a tree.

It's absolutely true. I'm a weekend golfer that doesn't practice but can still reach a par 5 in 2. Guess how often I actually do it? I'd be better off shooting for pars and making the occasional birdie but I'm out to have fun. I'm about an 11 without much short game. The part that suffers most from no practice.

You're right about the draw thing too. My biggest issue is if swing too hard when I try to draw and get to much slide. Best for most would just be to swing normal and grip to close the face.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's absolutely true. I'm a weekend golfer that doesn't practice but can still reach a par 5 in 2. Guess how often I actually do it? I'd be better off shooting for pars and making the occasional birdie but I'm out to have fun. I'm about an 11 without much short game. The part that suffers most from no practice.

You're right about the draw thing too. My biggest issue is if swing too hard when I try to draw and get to much slide. Best for most would just be to swing normal and grip to close the face.
YUP. IF YOU WATCH THE PROS THEIR BODIES HARDLY MOVE LATERALLY. IT'S ALL ROTATION.

Here is one simple tip: on your down swing your first thought should be to turn your forward knee out. Regardless of what every golf guru says all the pros do that. If you turn you knee out then you can't slide and the club drops to the inside. You stay behind the ball. When you stay behind the ball your arms pass your body then you hit a draw.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I golf a bit occasionally wish it could be more often. but its not often I have five or six hours on my rare days off that I have that kinda spare time.

when I do play its at a course less than five mins from my house called deer run. sweet little course

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Jsut sold a set of used 845's with bag and cart for $120

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
For most strokes in a round?
:troll:

To be fair, i'm not too great myself.
:yep: :lol:
You shot a 18 buddy :highfive:
We played 9 holes on the hardest course and I shot a 74 :puke: my friend shit an 82 and my other friend hit a 53. Since there was three if us we got paired with a guy who was alone. He was probably 40 and shot about a 57 before leaving after the 6th hole for some reason.
So you won't be going pro any time soon then..
icon_wink.gif
:nope: :lol: