Arlington Heights Bears?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The Los Angeles Rams and Charges play in Englewood CA, although still LA county I believe and the San Francisco 49ers play in Santa Clara.

They would still be the Chicago Bears

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
No way they move to Arlington Heights. Too much money to be made downtown at the bars and such. Like someone else said, this is all a ploy to get the stadium renovated. And by renovated, I mean torn the fuck down and started over. They need a retractable roof and 80 to 90K seats to host the superbowl.
This is the reason I think it would suck. I love hanging out downtown before and after a game.

The heights would be lame

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Give us a bigger, better stadium but keep the name Soldier Field. I'm all for it.
New Soldier Field.

Easy Peasy.

And instead of the UFO landing, have the outside be a mirror replica, at least aesthetically , but the inside instead of both aesthetics from the old solder field competing with each other, meld the old with new technology. Thinking of something like Las Vegas Caesar's palace from a technology standpoint (but just less gaudy and more Bears from an aesthetic standpoint).

Would make for a damn cool stadium experience and make going to the games have value (vs a lot of people just happy to watch from home).

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the reason I think it would suck. I love hanging out downtown before and after a game.

The heights would be lame
They would build around it.

You kidding me?

The second such plans were ever to be confirmed, 10 bars would open up in the surrounding area overnight.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No way they move to Arlington Heights. Too much money to be made downtown at the bars and such. Like someone else said, this is all a ploy to get the stadium renovated. And by renovated, I mean torn the fuck down and started over. They need a retractable roof and 80 to 90K seats to host the superbowl.
They'll maybe get the Super Bowl once every fifty or so years. You can't golf in Chicago in February.

I think the idea will be to restore it to be much more faithful to the 1924 design but with modern amenities. Which is what they should've done in the first place. There won't be a dome, just not gonna happen.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They would build around it.

You kidding me?

The second such plans were ever to be confirmed, 10 bars would open up in the surrounding area overnight.
That's true. But do you know how many filthy rich people live on or near the Magnificent Mile / Gold Coast that conveniently go to games and spent over a grand each game?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Fun fact that I heard but have never confirmed but still sounds cool: Chicago suburbs and neighborhoods have so many names with "Hills", "Heights", etc. in their name because they wanted to market themselves as the high ground free from the disease and despair of the low country. That's why the flattest major city in the world (at least that I've ever seen) is rife with place names touting changes in elevation that aren't even perceptible to naked eye. Or don't even exist in the first place.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They'll maybe get the Super Bowl once every fifty or so years. You can't golf in Chicago in February.

I think the idea will be to restore it to be much more faithful to the 1924 design but with modern amenities. Which is what they should've done in the first place. There won't be a dome, just not gonna happen.
I don't think they would ever get the Super Bowl without a roof. NY barely got it which is the biggest market and their winter's are 10-15 degrees warmer than Chicago on average.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. Whenever this discussion came up last a couple people mentioned that. Obviously they still would. The NY teams play in NJ
Detroit played in Pontiac for years in the Silverdome. Now they got another new place.....which begs the question of how can a dump like Detroit get two new stadiums while the Bears continue to play in the space ship on the lake front.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's true. But do you know how many filthy rich people live on or near the Magnificent Mile / Gold Coast that conveniently go to games and spent over a grand each game?

Lots of rich people in Arlington Heights too.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't think they would ever get the Super Bowl without a roof. NY barely got it which is the biggest market and their winter's are 10-15 degrees warmer than Chicago on average.
Yeah I meant even if Soldier Field had a roof the Bears would get it about as often as Minneapolis gets it (roughly twenty-five year intervals) except now the two would probably have to share those appearances between them.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this is almost as good of an idea as proposing holding the Olympics in Washington Park

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, they could just hop in their limo and join the suburban millionaires at Arlington.....reverse of the suburban millionaires taking their limo to Soldier Field.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah I meant even if Soldier Field had a roof the Bears would get it about as often as Minneapolis gets it (roughly twenty-five year intervals) except now the two would probably have to share those appearances between them.
Bears can't have a super bowl because they don't have enough capacity in the current stadium.

Edit: saw original post mentioned they can't have a super bowl because of capacity limits, my bad