ARob gets the franchise tag

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has anyone actually confirmed that AR wanted $20M AAV?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With him? Maybe his agent or family.
Yeah, like is there a source out there saying what AR's camp was requesting?

I just keep hearing people on CCS say he was overvaluing himself, which I'm sure he was as most guys do, but I've just never seen a reputable source on what was being asked for.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, like is there a source out there saying what AR's camp was requesting?

I just keep hearing people on CCS say he was overvaluing himself, which I'm sure he was as most guys do, but I've just never seen a reputable source on what was being asked for.

That's the best I got. It's probably based off the Keenan Allen contract. Personally I think Allen is better than him though.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
if you're rich, why ever bother with social media??????????????
This A-Rob twitter stuff is tedious.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Literally ever NFL beat writer has talked about how historically strong of a FA / Draft WR market this is this offseason. Just stop. And yes you are dead wrong about Anderson and Sanders. The more you talk, the deeper you dig yourself into that hole.
These guys don't know their ass from their elbow. They are wrong literally every single year about everything.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Let it go bud.
If you really think there's a wide receiver as good as DeAndre Hopkins or Stefon Diggs available this off-season I'd love to hear it. Really, you must be seeing something I dont.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If you really think there's a wide receiver as good as DeAndre Hopkins or Stefon Diggs available this off-season I'd love to hear it. Really, you must be seeing something I dont.
DeAndre Hopkins is probably the best receiver in the league but that doesn't make overall market from last year better. Also I would absolutely take Michael thomas over Stefon Diggs. Last year may create a recency bias but the entire body of work says something different.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
DeAndre Hopkins is probably the best receiver in the league but that doesn't make overall market from last year better. Also I would absolutely take Michael thomas over Stefon Diggs. Last year may create a recency bias but the entire body of work says something different.
Debatable that Thomas is even really being shopped. I haven't read much aside from empty speculation and clickbait that suggests its even on the table. NFL trades can come out of nowhere I suppose, still seems a little far fetched. Either way, Diggs was twenty-six when was traded and Michael Thomas is twenty-eight now. There are a lot of teams who are going to value that youth, especially when you factor in the lost season Thomas just had.

At the end of the day, not really convinced that Michael Thomas is that much more valuable now than Diggs was last off-season. At worst it is equal, and the more risk averse you get the more Diggs looks like a better bet.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You really haven't grasped this yet have you?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You really haven't grasped this yet have you?
Dont start acting incredulous when you know full well what I'm saying. I'm saying the robustness of a player market is not usually dictated by a quantity of above-average players, but by the quantity of elite players. In the modern NFL teams want to devote most of their salary cap to premium players or premium positions, and most preferably premium players at premium positions. Everything else to be filled with cheap draft picks or cheap veterans. This is the ideal, even if its not how it always shakes out.

NFL teams value quality over quantity. That's why Stefon Diggs fetches a first round pick despite also needing a new contract when he arrived to the Bills (which he got, and the Bills are overall pretty pleased). When you are talking about the pool of available wide receivers this year its Allen Robinson II, Chris Godwin and Kenny Golladay at the top. That's it, if you want the best upgrade at wide receiver those are the three guys. Godwin is staying in Tampa Bay. Golladay is leaving Detroit. There is more than one NFL team looking for a big upgrade at wide receiver. The demand for Robinson II in a trade is going to be very high, especially once Golladay signs (which will probably be announced during the legal tampering period).

JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Will Fuller V, Sammy Watkins etc. are not going to be factors in the Allen Robinson II market since they all represent such an inferior quality and/or are much more risky.

Your NFL writers who are farming you for clicks by calling it an "HISTORIC WIDE RECEIVER MARKET" know this, but their job isn't to tell you what they really believe its to get you to read their stories.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dont start acting incredulous when you know full well what I'm saying. I'm saying the robustness of a player market is not usually dictated by a quantity of above-average players, but by the quantity of elite players. In the modern NFL teams want to devote most of their salary cap to premium players or premium positions, and most preferably premium players at premium positions. Everything else to be filled with cheap draft picks or cheap veterans. This is the ideal, even if its not how it always shakes out.

NFL teams value quality over quantity. That's why Stefon Diggs fetches a first round pick despite also needing a new contract when he arrived to the Bills (which he got, and the Bills are overall pretty pleased). When you are talking about the pool of available wide receivers this year its Allen Robinson II, Chris Godwin and Kenny Golladay at the top. That's it, if you want the best upgrade at wide receiver those are the three guys. Godwin is staying in Tampa Bay. Golladay is leaving Detroit. There is more than one NFL team looking for a big upgrade at wide receiver. The demand for Robinson II in a trade is going to be very high, especially once Golladay signs (which will probably be announced during the legal tampering period).

JuJu Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Will Fuller V, Sammy Watkins etc. are not going to be factors in the Allen Robinson II market since they all represent such an inferior quality and/or are much more risky.

Your NFL writers who are farming you for clicks by calling it an "HISTORIC WIDE RECEIVER MARKET" know this, but their job isn't to tell you what they really believe its to get you to read their stories.

Fell asleep just looking at

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Funny how you make this just about the free agency market/ trade market but fail to include the projected/ possible 16 WR's that could easily go in the top 100 of the draft. And also ignore the current possible trade market that includes Michael Thomas & Odell.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Funny how you make this just about the free agency market/ trade market but fail to include the projected/ possible 16 WR's that could easily go in the top 100 of the draft. And also ignore the current possible trade market that includes Michael Thomas & Odell.
Beckham Jr. is damaged goods. Not a lot different than JuJu Smith-Schuster except he's A) Older B) More expensive and C) Teams have to give up something to acquire him.

There has been no reports that Michael Thomas is actually available, the Saints have him under contract going forward and have a lot of paths to cap salvation that don't involve selling low on their best player from 2019. He's also been actively trying to recruit Russell Wilson to the Saints on social media, something he wouldn't do if he was discontented on the Saints.

2020 was an historically good wide receiver class too, didn't stop Stefon Diggs from fetching a late first. Please note the Ringers breathless hype piece The 2020 Wide Receiver Class Is One of the Deepest Ever. And It’s Just the Beginning.