ARob gets the franchise tag

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Beckham Jr. is damaged goods. Not a lot different than JuJu Smith-Schuster except he's A) Older B) More expensive and C) Teams have to give up something to acquire him.

There has been no reports that Michael Thomas is actually available, the Saints have him under contract going forward and have a lot of paths to cap salvation that don't involve selling low on their best player from 2019. He's also been actively trying to recruit Russell Wilson to the Saints on social media, something he wouldn't do if he was discontented on the Saints.

2020 was an historically good wide receiver class too, didn't stop Stefon Diggs from fetching a late first. Please note the Ringers breathless hype piece The 2020 Wide Receiver Class Is One of the Deepest Ever. And It’s Just the Beginning.

Lmao. The article you just posted indicates that every off season will have more and more WR talent coming and there will be an abundance of draft talent for years to come. Nice job buddy

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Lmao. The article you just posted indicates that every off season will have more and more WR talent coming and there will be an abundance of draft talent for years to come. Nice job buddy
Exactly! Teams that want to draft a wide receiver these days can reasonably find a Denzel Mims, Chase Claypool or Michael Pittman Jr. in round two, or even a Darnell Mooney in round five. The talent pool has spread out, the depth at the position is incredible coming out of school and it doesn't look like a one or two year fluke but a new paradigm. Put two and two together, why spend a valuable first round pick on a wide receiver when you could just draft a late round rookie who's still really talented and invest the money towards a more sure-thing free agent?

I think you may actually be starting to get it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Exactly! Teams that want to draft a wide receiver these days can reasonably find a Denzel Mims, Chase Claypool or Michael Pittman Jr. in round two, or even a Darnell Mooney in round five. The talent pool has spread out, the depth at the position is incredible coming out of school and it doesn't look like a one or two year fluke but a new paradigm. Put two and two together, why spend a valuable first round pick on a wide receiver when you could just draft a late round rookie who's still really talented and invest the money towards a more sure-thing free agent?

You missed the entire point.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I seriously wonder how ARob feels about this.

Remember, as a Jag he was looking forward to being in a good spot for free agency then tore his ACL. Ultimately he took a lesser deal with the Bears. He also played through last season knowing he's taking on the same risk, but the next non-franchise contract will probably be his last chance to make NFL money.

He can't be loving the idea of not getting a big signing bonus or having longer term security.
They can still work out a contract extension

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

A new paradigm lol. As if the league hasn't been acquiring new talent at positions like WR in the past. News flash - the league has been acquiring talent at all positions from all rounds of the draft literally since it's existence. This isn't new. When did you start following the NFL? You sound like you're 12.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A new paradigm lol. As if the league hasn't been acquiring new talent at positions like WR in the past. News flash - the league has been acquiring talent at all positions from all rounds of the draft literally since it's existence. This isn't new. When did you start following the NFL? You sound like you're 12.
Dude your non-stop obsession with me and literally everything I post is getting old. Its just weird. Get a fucking life.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears can still rescind the tag later on in FA if he's not signed it right? ...after the draft?
ARob doesn't have to sign the tag til camp or even week 1 IIRC?

^ Pardon my ignorance. From what I'm reading, the tag seems just a temporary hold til closer to draft when movement is more likely to happen. Worst case he plays it. He's quoted as saying he wants HOF and still gripes about snaps missed with his ACL setting him back. He also won't risk a bad name to sit out - esp. if Bears get a QB better than Mitch (or any he's had). He'll want to put up big #s for '22 free agency.

If I'm ARob, I wouldn't mind being shopped a bit now to find out true market value - except it'll be lower than any other year due to lower cap AND deep WR draft.
He's the biggest true #1 (quasi) available, but still not a burner & unlikely to command what he wants in this market.

Next year is the time to get his big multi-year contract after he HOPEFULLY plays with a competent QB & really puts up some #s. The tag is the only way he realistically makes that much in '21 unless traded to a fool team that overpays.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude your non-stop obsession with me and literally everything I post is getting old. Its just weird. Get a fucking life.
You posted something in a bears thread. I read it. Thought it was stupid. And responded. Welcome to message boarding 101 grasshoppa!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You posted something in a bears thread. I read it. Thought it was stupid. And responded. Welcome to message boarding 101 grasshoppa!
he thinks everyone is obsessed with him because he has really stupid ideas and we all hate it.

Montucky

Liked Posts: