Around the NBA (Non-Bulls) Thread - 2023-2024 Season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think this move is just the Clippers being paranoid about PG/KL's health. If one goes down, they have another scoring option... idk.

I don't see this working.
It won't.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This retooled Celtics team looks like they'll be dangerous.

Lillard and the Bucks on the other hand....

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
P-Williams posts another scoring bagel. That experiment is officially over, buy-bye.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
P-Williams posts another scoring bagel. That experiment is officially over, buy-bye.
Someone should ask Billy why he felt it was a good idea to have Pat out there stinking it up in the 4th quarter. Such a weird decision as Pat was abysmal the entire game and hasn’t been gettin burn in the 4th before tonight.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This retooled Celtics team looks like they'll be dangerous.

Lillard and the Bucks on the other hand....
Bucks are coasting after losing in the 1st as a one seed last year.

Interesting tid bit for you...since 2003, only three Eastern Conference #1 seeds have made the Finals. 2008 Boston, 2013 Miami, 2016 Cleveland. They also all won the Finals.

Reactions: BNB

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This Wemby fellow has been pretty dang impressive so far

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Well I guess if you were trying to liven up early season basketball this tournament has been a success lol.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. Mark Cuban is selling a majority stake of the Mavs.

Yesterday he said he's gonna be done with Shark Tank next year. I wonder what he's planning.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow. Mark Cuban is selling a majority stake of the Mavs.

Yesterday he said he's gonna be done with Shark Tank next year. I wonder what he's planning.
Running for POTUS.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Running for POTUS.

I actually thought the same thing initially haha. I Googled it, and it seems unlikely. In 2016, he said he'd consider running for president, but as an independent candidate. Another article said that Cuban said if he ran, it would be as a Republican.

In 2020, CNN had an article that said Cuban thought about running, but when he did a poll as an independent candidate, he was able to garner only 25% of the votes, which was not enough to convince his family that making a bid would be worth it.

Since 2020, he's repeatedly said that he won't run in 2024, and reiterated that as recently as late July 2023.

Could all be bullshit, though.

Or maybe he really does just want to live out the rest of his life with little responsibility. That seems doubtful for a guy like Cuban though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I actually thought the same thing initially haha. I Googled it, and it seems unlikely. In 2016, he said he'd consider running for president, but as an independent candidate. Another article said that Cuban said if he ran, it would be as a Republican.

In 2020, CNN had an article that said Cuban thought about running, but when he did a poll as an independent candidate, he was able to garner only 25% of the votes, which was not enough to convince his family that making a bid would be worth it.

Since 2020, he's repeatedly said that he won't run in 2024, and reiterated that as recently as late July 2023.

Could all be bullshit, though.

Or maybe he really does just want to live out the rest of his life with little responsibility. That seems doubtful for a guy like Cuban though.
It is fairly late in the game for 2024. Especially if he were mounting an Independent Run.

I also have seen the same thing you've seen in that he would only garner about 23-29% of the vote (which would be the best for a 3rd party candidate since Ross Perot), and win zero electoral votes. Perhaps he's seen new data out there, or he even thinks he needs to start prepping for 2028. I don't now.

He could also be ill, sick and tired of it all, or want to actually relax (rare for a billionaire).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Supposedly Cuban is keeping his basketball operations role, but will be curious to see if/how the Mavs change the way they do things going forward

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Draymond suspended indefinitely after delivering a spinning fist to Jusuf Nurkic's head the other day

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange