Around the NFL - Free Agency Period

Montucky

Liked Posts:
LIONS' FREE-AGENT WR KENNY GOLLADAY SPENT WEDNESDAY NIGHT MEETING WITH BEARS GM RYAN PACE AND HC MATT NAGY, PER SOURCE. HE IS SCHEDULED TO BE IN NEW YORK TONIGHT TO MEET WITH THE GIANTS.

This means that the Bears are interested in signing him and so are the Giants. Thanks.
Obsessed.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Obsessed.
unknown.png

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Don't the Cowboys still run a 4-3? That's interesting, I wouldn't think Urban would fit well in a 4-3.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, that is an embarrassing amount.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well I guess whatever uncertainty there was about players who are free agents off a declined fifth year option and their ability to get compensatory picks has been rendered moot.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Don't the Cowboys still run a 4-3? That's interesting, I wouldn't think Urban would fit well in a 4-3.
Nolan ran a hybrid 3-4. Quinn runs alot of 4-3 under fronts which has some 3-4 principles. The 1 & 4 tech are both two gap players. When he switches to an over front the NT and 6-tech are two gapping.

He also runs a bear front where the 0-tech is flanked by two 1- gap DTs and the Sam and Leo are coming off the edge in a two point.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Desmond King to Houston, $3.5mil 1 year. Tough to believe that guy can't do better than that, he would have fit in well with the Bears, especially at that price.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Per Biggs - the Bears are still trying to sign Golladay.

"
As the Chicago Bears make an aggressive bid to add wide receiver Kenny Golladay, it’s time to consider the options to replace cornerback Kyle Fuller - Chicago Tribune
A league source said the belief is the Bears have offered Golladay a one-year contract in the range of $11-12 million with the pitch that Golladay and Allen Robinson would give the Bears one of the best receiver duos in the NFL and that there would be enough balls to go around for both to be rewarded in the near future. The thinking is it will give the Bears the best chance to win with Dalton if they can win consistently on the outside and don’t have to thrust emerging talent Darnell Mooney into a higher-profile role just yet."

dennehy

Liked Posts:

"
As the Chicago Bears make an aggressive bid to add wide receiver Kenny Golladay, it’s time to consider the options to replace cornerback Kyle Fuller - Chicago Tribune
A league source said the belief is the Bears have offered Golladay a one-year contract in the range of $11-12 million with the pitch that Golladay and Allen Robinson would give the Bears one of the best receiver duos in the NFL and that there would be enough balls to go around for both to be rewarded in the near future. The thinking is it will give the Bears the best chance to win with Dalton if they can win consistently on the outside and don’t have to thrust emerging talent Darnell Mooney into a higher-profile role just yet."

I think this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the defense is going to give up 30ppg, Dalton is going to fuck up at least 4 or 5 games just on his own, the OL is going to remain mediocre.

All so the Bears can have two above average X receivers on one year deals.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

"

So golladay laughed and counted the offers he already has better than that one?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I think this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the defense is going to give up 30ppg, Dalton is going to fuck up at least 4 or 5 games just on his own, the OL is going to remain mediocre.

All so the Bears can have two above average X receivers on one year deals.
I assumed interest in Golladay would be as a long term replacement for Robinson after this year, with pace structuring a contract with a smaller hit this year

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
A league source said the belief is the Bears have offered Golladay a one-year contract in the range of $11-12 million

probably with 4 void years

:Pace: