Around the NFL - Free Agency Period

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He won't have many offers better than that one. He is better off taking the 1 year deal and hitting the market again next year when teams have a ton of money to spend.
I'd think he has multi-year offers not quite to his liking and one year I'd think he'll get 15 mill somewhere. I'm assuming he wants 20 millionish though

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd think he has multi-year offers not quite to his liking and one year I'd think he'll get 15 mill somewhere. I'm assuming he wants 20 millionish though

And considering the market he will be lucky to get 15.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is a bad market plus he has an injury history.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What are Golladay's other offers?

Thought I saw something that he is meeting with the Giants as well.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the defense is going to give up 30ppg, Dalton is going to fuck up at least 4 or 5 games just on his own, the OL is going to remain mediocre.

All so the Bears can have two above average X receivers on one year deals.
Fuller plays mostly off coverage. With our pass rushers, we need more of a press corner. Fuller is/was a good player, but maybe not the best overall fit.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Fuller plays mostly off coverage. With our pass rushers, we need more of a press corner. Fuller is/was a good player, but maybe not the best overall fit.
Fuller excelled with Fangio with the way he hid coverages. His style was perfect for that type of defense. That’s what Desai wants to bring back but hopefully they can find someone like Fuller

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
What are Golladay's other offers?

Thought I saw something that he is meeting with the Giants as well.
Supposed to meeting with Giants and talking to the Ravens. Ravens are reported to not have much $$ to offer.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Aaron Leming
@AaronLemingNFL

Running through OTC this morning. Andy Dalton’s contract does appear to have a pair of void years. He’ll count as $5.5M vs the cap this year. #Bears

Ew2jeR9WgAoSvpt

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I assumed interest in Golladay would be as a long term replacement for Robinson after this year, with pace structuring a contract with a smaller hit this year

ARob is like 3 months older than Golladay. More likely you sign both to a 1 year deal and then sign whichever you think is better long term after this season. That may or may not be Golladay.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, the defense is going to give up 30ppg, Dalton is going to fuck up at least 4 or 5 games just on his own, the OL is going to remain mediocre.

All so the Bears can have two above average X receivers on one year deals.

Fuller was cut for Golladay as Pace wants to put more money on O as he thinks he can build a D without spending top dollar beyond Mack.

Then next year if Mooney continues to develop, it will be Mooney and one of ARob/Golladay to go with young QB if he cant get Wilsom.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It can't hurt to make a team friendly one year offer to a WR like Golladay and see if he takes it but with his injury history i would think he'd jump on the first multi year offer he gets, but if he's really stuck in his head about wanting top $ then he could bet on himself. Even if he did i would think there's teams that would offer more on a one year deal.

Like what the hell is C.Ballard waiting on? He's got a good amount of cap space and they could definitely use a #1 WR. He's a smart guy though and probably sees that there's still a ton of really good talent out there at many positions that their prices will keep dropping so he's waiting to do some serious bargain shopping.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Fuller was cut for Golladay as Pace wants to put more money on O as he thinks he can build a D without spending top dollar beyond Mack.

Then next year if Mooney continues to develop, it will be Mooney and one of ARob/Golladay to go with young QB if he cant get Wilsom.
It's dumb.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It can't hurt to make a team friendly one year offer to a WR like Golladay and see if he takes it but with his injury history i would think he'd jump on the first multi year offer he gets, but if he's really stuck in his head about wanting top $ then he could bet on himself. Even if he did i would think there's teams that would offer more on a one year deal.

Like what the hell is C.Ballard waiting on? He's got a good amount of cap space and they could definitely use a #1 WR. He's a smart guy though and probably sees that there's still a ton of really good talent out there at many positions that their prices will keep dropping so he's waiting to do some serious bargain shopping.
Colts saving money for their own. Leonard, Nelson, and someone else. At least that's what Rappaport said

msadows

Liked Posts:

Honestly, these moves all scream trade up for a qb(probably mac jones) in the first round.

It seems like he's trying to load up the offense with as much talent as possible to ensure jones succeeds. Only explanation as to why Jimmy Graham hasn't been cut yet.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DT Atkins released. Not the same player he was but he's comparable to Hicks in production. Sign him cheap!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ju Ju gets 8mil, what does Golladay expect?
Yeah, it is a bad year to be a free agent WR. It looks like Bears offer is just about right for the market.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Honestly, these moves all scream trade up for a qb(probably mac jones) in the first round.

It seems like he's trying to load up the offense with as much talent as possible to ensure jones succeeds. Only explanation as to why Jimmy Graham hasn't been cut yet.
I agree with you. Once Wilson fell through, I think his plan is to make some serious moves to draft a QB.

Side note: of all the crazy stuff that has happened, I don’t understand why some are so quick to cut ties with Graham. I think only 3 TEs or something had more TDs than him last season. And that’s with the shitshow that is the Bears QB position. He’s a good compliment to Kmet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
DT Atkins released. Not the same player he was but he's comparable to Hicks in production. Sign him cheap!

Would be a really nice signing to put in Hicks' spot next to Goldman but i have a feeling that they're planning on filling that void in house with Edwards and Nichols and the new guy they signed from Arizona.

I'm gonna miss B.Urban. Anyone know how much Dallas gave him?