Around the NFL - Free Agency Period

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Marshawn Lynch had a $10,000,000 cap hit the year the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Cap was significantly smaller then too. So this is not totally without a successful precedent, though personally I agree it seems like a silly move. Their defense is soft and bad basically all over, and they have pretty mediocre receivers after Davante Adams. Runningback was a luxury item, and now they have to basically go wild in the draft to improve.

But that was when their elite QB was on his rookie deal and they had a legit defense that was still underpaid at the time if I am not mistaken.... Not to mention that offense ran through Marshawn.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jaylen Mills also going to the Patriots. Bill's going quantity over quality.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Jaylen Mills also going to the Patriots. Bill's going quantity over quality.
Jalen Mills is a very versatile DB. Played all positions in the secondary, is a good tackler and had a knack for generating turnovers. Doesn't have the pure speed of an outside corner, but will fit what the Pats do really well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lions will give you Goff for a 2nd and a bag of chips................
On 97.1 they were throwing out a scenario lions might add two years to goff deal so they can be major players in fa lol lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think what Belichick is doing is betting on the cap going up massively next year (good bet) and locking in as many players as he can on deals will seem cheap a year from now.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm absolutely fine with the Bears staying quiet here. Not a great free agent class and particularly weak at positions the Bears need most. Even Trent Williams really has too much risk to make me super enthusiastic about signing him (though I will be happy if they do).