Around The NHL

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit. Their two best players are in the Playoffs.

Who?? Sure they have no Hossa, not even Marcel for some reason, but I don't know who this other mysterious better player other than Chara, Gaborik, or Sekera is.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Still fun to watch. It's hockey so give a shit at 10:30 am when it's this or Fucking kaplan vomitting bs.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
tied up 4-4 game is on NBCSports if anyone cares. What a horrible second period for the stars and bars.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who?? Sure they have no Hossa, not even Marcel for some reason, but I don't know who this other mysterious better player other than Chara, Gaborik, or Sekera is.

Wut?

I was talking about Kane and Pacioretty for USA.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Fuck you Clyde, how dare you forget about Kopecky

He's actually on the team, he was their #1 center to start the tourney to show how "loaded" that roster is.

Also, why didn't Nick Leddy join team USA, he surely isn't injured, he always plays, that jerk.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He's actually on the team, he was their #1 center to start the tourney to show how "loaded" that roster is.

Also, why didn't Nick Leddy join team USA, he surely isn't injured, he always plays, that jerk.

I know... that's why I said how dare you forget him... keep up. haha.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Pulled from Deadspin.

lqot8v1t38oaxedagzy7.png

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw that Mass.. Cracked me up!

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/former-nhl-defenceman-montador-had-cte-throughout-brain-1.281181

An update on the Montador situation, including him having CTE and his family planning a lawsuit against the NHL.

Not sure what they are going to get out of suing the league. I mean you cannot, which his father is claiming, not think that hockey is a dangerous game and that their is a chance to result in potential long term injury. To think other wise is ignorant and plain moronic.

If I'm an NHL franchise, whenever I sign a player I make sure it's in their contract that they understand the risks of playing the game and that the team isn't eligible to be sued. Though, I'd also make sure as a team that I'm doing the most I can to help keep my players healthy and avoiding concussions.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Not sure what they are going to get out of suing the league. I mean you cannot, which his father is claiming, not think that hockey is a dangerous game and that their is a chance to result in potential long term injury. To think other wise is ignorant and plain moronic.

If I'm an NHL franchise, whenever I sign a player I make sure it's in their contract that they understand the risks of playing the game and that the team isn't eligible to be sued. Though, I'd also make sure as a team that I'm doing the most I can to help keep my players healthy and avoiding concussions.

You act like there isn't a precedent already for the leagues having to deal with these suits and giving out money to adjust their policy.

The teams are hampered by a collectively bargained agreement on what at some limits can be added or placed in contracts or what will fly for a contract that a team puts if they take their own stand. Sure if the NHLPA didn't want to have a say that system would work but these associations make sure that this isn't some case that is built in, and it still hasn't been added by the leagues in recent CBAs.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
You act like there isn't a precedent already for the leagues having to deal with these suits and giving out money to adjust their policy.

The teams are hampered by a collectively bargained agreement on what at some limits can be added or placed in contracts or what will fly for a contract that a team puts if they take their own stand. Sure if the NHLPA didn't want to have a say that system would work but these associations make sure that this isn't some case that is built in, and it still hasn't been added by the leagues in recent CBAs.

That would be part of my CBA argument as an owner, though if I make that argument I'm also going to be damn sure that the players get the absolute best care possible while under contract.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
So much for the Flyers going after Babcock. They took UND Coach Hakstol instead.

The Philadelphia Flyers on Monday announced Dave Hakstol as their new coach.Hakstol, 46, had been the coach at the University of North Dakota for the previous 11 seasons.
"I am extremely excited to be named the Philadelphia Flyers new head coach," Hakstol told the Flyers website. "Through the process here with Ron [Hextall, Flyers general manager] and everybody in the Flyers organization I have gained even more of an understanding of the history and tradition of this organization and I'm very proud to become part of the Philadelphia Flyers today."

O.O

I didn't see that coming...