Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Because I can't find any stats on my two questions I took the liberty to do a quick analysis. My parameters were when the Bears were trailing in the 4th quarter what was Cutlers rating and record...I have only done this for 2012 because I have to go through the play by play for these games and enter them in my spreadsheet and I am also at work so don't want to spend too much time on this. I will try and get the rest of the data over the weekend.

There were only 4 games when the Bears trailed in the 4th quarter this past year where Cutler was playing...I left the Houston game off because obviously Cutler wasn't playing and I left out the Seattle game also because we were winning in the 4th and Cutler only attempted 2 passes in the 4th, I think there should be a little more of a sample size than 2.

GB - 4/12 56 yards 1 TD 1 Int 62.50 rating Lost the game
Car - 12/14 72 yards 1 TD 0 Int 128.87 rating Won the game
Min - 6/13 72 yards 0 TD 0 Int 63.62 rating Lost the game
GB - 5/10 61 yards 0 TD 0 Int 69.17 rating Lost the game

Total for those 4 games 27/45 295 yards 2 TD 1 Int 84.95 rating 1-3 record

Those are facts, in only 1 game where the Bears were trailing in the 4th quarter did Cutler lead us to victory and played well. That was against the Panthers who had a losing record and their defense ranked 10th in yards and 18th in points...So not a bad defense but also no the greatest. GB ranked 11th in yards and 11th in points. Min ranked 16th in yards and 14th in points. In 3 of the 4 games he didn't get above 70 in rating.

So I ask, given those facts for the 2012 season....how can anyone be so sure that Cutler would have been able to score a TD against a defense that ranked 7th in yards and 9th in points?

Gfat..great sample size by the way. U do realize they have articles written about this already under the cold hard facts where Cutler is 16 & 16 for 4th quarter comebacks/gw drives right? It is under facts so I know it may be hard for u to understand. Cutler is 50% for his career. The Houston game could have went either way which was the OP's point all along until u trolled it. Keep it up and try to post all the facts next time so that the cherries are picked equally

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
That game was a sobering reminder that our D is getting old

Yup..those darn old defenses like Pittsburg and Bears topping the NFL in respective categories

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
FirstTimer, why do you keep dislike repping me for no reason?

That is pretty sad that some live for that kind of doodie. Kinda reminds me of a stalker that I have. Makes me think that we might have a big ? at who is really the best dislike repper and if there is an identity crisis of some sort. Let the child dislike rep away for.no reason and I'm sure u get a lot of positive reps by normal Bear posters.:smh:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is pretty sad that some live for that kind of doodie. Kinda reminds me of a stalker that I have. Makes me think that we might have a big ? at who is really the best dislike repper and if there is an identity crisis of some sort. Let the child dislike rep away for.no reason and I'm sure u get a lot of positive reps by normal Bear posters.:smh:

The fact that guano's rep is in the positive just goes to show how intelligent "normal" Bears posters are! ;)

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yup..those darn old defenses like Pittsburg and Bears topping the NFL in respective categories
What a concept. Aging defenses topping the league when it comes to old defenses

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Per an NFL Scout in 2011

Big arm. Accuracy can get erratic at times. Turned himself into a really good leader. Works hard. His biggest issue seems to be accuracy.

.......leadership
is what we need at the Qb position. I just don't see the guys on this team rallying around jay. When I watch them, they don't look fired up. They just look like they're going through the motions.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Gfat..great sample size by the way. U do realize they have articles written about this already under the cold hard facts where Cutler is 16 & 16 for 4th quarter comebacks/gw drives right? It is under facts so I know it may be hard for u to understand. Cutler is 50% for his career. The Houston game could have went either way which was the OP's point all along until u trolled it. Keep it up and try to post all the facts next time so that the cherries are picked equally

Damn, you got me Guano...what was I thinking comparing his 2012 stats to one of his 2012 games. That makes zero sense. It's not like his 2012 trends could possibly relate to his 2012 game. Not much more I can say about that than. Your amazing anti-trolling has shown me the error in my ways...all hail Cutler, the most supreme QB in all of the league.

And just in case you didn't pick up on it because you are mentally Special person, that was sarcasm.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
The fact that guano's rep is in the positive just goes to show how intelligent "normal" Bears posters are! ;)

Actually it just shows that stalker and the fecal foursome haven't been doing their 2nd job of dislike repping away very well. Keep trolling batboy :troll:

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, you got me Guano...what was I thinking comparing his 2012 stats to one of his 2012 games. That makes zero sense. It's not like his 2012 trends could possibly relate to his 2012 game. Not much more I can say about that than. Your amazing anti-trolling has shown me the error in my ways...all hail Cutler, the most supreme QB in all of the league.

And just in case you didn't pick up on it because you are mentally Special person, that was sarcasm.

Most of us are following your logic here, it's just a few that struggle with this ...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
As an aside, can I just say that those who are totally anti-Cutler and vocal about it:

Exactly why should the fan base take to heart the words of 3 Packers Trolls, 1 Guy who posts Smug shit to get a rise out of people, 1 Canuck who's probably seen more CFL than NFL games, and 1 guy who not that long ago was the worlds biggest Rex Grossman apologist (which makes his hatred of Cutler even more confusing)?

Not exactly a stellar set of credentials. And funny enough I think out of all of them the former Rex Grossman cult member is the most logical one of the group...

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As an aside, can I just say that those who are totally anti-Cutler and vocal about it:

Exactly why should the fan base take to heart the words of 3 Packers Trolls, 1 Guy who posts Smug shit to get a rise out of people, 1 Canuck who's probably seen more CFL than NFL games, and 1 guy who not that long ago was the worlds biggest Rex Grossman apologist (which makes his hatred of Cutler even more confusing)?

Not exactly a stellar set of credentials. And funny enough I think out of all of them the former Rex Grossman cult member is the most logical one of the group...

Says the guy who thinks its a smart move to franchise an average QB for $20 million during an offseason with a bunch of key free agents.

Not a lot of credibility in that statement.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Says the guy who thinks its a smart move to franchise an average QB for $20 million during an offseason with a bunch of key free agents.

Not a lot of credibility in that statement.

Says a walking sack of shit (and one of the packers trolls).

Anyway, Emery is building through the draft and supplimenting with FA. I get you don't follow teams other than your own that closely but he's not going to be breaking the bank any time soon for anyone OTHER than Cutler if he does break the bank.

But again, why take your twist as anything? If our team doesn't re-sign Cutler, and drafts a shitty QB, one less potential team your team has to worry about, no? So again, why should any of us Bear fans give a shit what you have to say?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:lol:

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says a walking sack of shit (and one of the packers trolls).

Anyway, Emery is building through the draft and supplimenting with FA. I get you don't follow teams other than your own that closely but he's not going to be breaking the bank any time soon for anyone OTHER than Cutler if he does break the bank.

But again, why take your twist as anything? If our team doesn't re-sign Cutler, and drafts a shitty QB, one less potential team your team has to worry about, no? So again, why should any of us Bear fans give a shit what you have to say?

Well, at least you added some colorful insults to one of your usual pointless and boring posts... Bravo!

And by the way, you have it backwards... If the Bears decide to keep Cutler, that is one less team the Packers have to worry about.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

Hit the nail on the head much! It is mind boggling the lack of logic and credibility these trolls have but we all need a laugh from time to time, and this crew more than qualifies

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
holy crap....you guys don't even want to rest for a day?