Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knox was a better receiver than Bennett any way you slice it. Stats aside, he was always a more dangerous offensive player.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is a big season in figuring out if Cutler is the future. Saying he must stay is equally as wrong as saying he must go. I've said this a few times, he's got to show he can succeed in Trestman's offense AND stay healthy. If he doesn't do both them it's a bit of a toss up as to what will happen. Maybe Franchising him is the best option in terms of risk/reward.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Knox was a better receiver than Bennett any way you slice it. Stats aside, he was always a more dangerous offensive player.

Knox would stop running his inside routes because there were defenders there. Don't make him out to be something else. He was a very fast, okay reciever that was asked to to more because there was nothing else at WR.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knox would stop running his inside routes because there were defenders there. Don't make him out to be something else. He was a very fast, okay reciever that was asked to to more because there was nothing else at WR.

Ummm, when did I say he was an elite receiver? I said he was better than Bennett. Do you actually read what you're responding to before you post?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
never been high on bennet or knox both are average at their very best

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Unless Cutler can improve his TD/Int ratio, basically keep his mistakes to a minimum, and stay healthy...I don't see a point in keeping him. If Cutler still shows he is mistake prone with solid WR's, an overhauled line, a competent OC, an offensive minded HC, a tremendous upgrade at TE, and 2 versatile RB's...than what is the point of resigning him. Cutler may have potential and shown signs of talent, but he hasn't proven that he is a must sign player for us. The team has gone through a lot of changes and I think with those changes we have a team that can be successful with a game manager type QB. So in no way are the Bears in a situation that they must sign Cutler no matter what happens this coming season. Cutler needs to prove that he can keep the ball out of the defenses hands first.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
no more freakin game managers im over that shit id rather have my eyes stabbed out with spoons than have to live through another dink and dunk qb

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Ummm, when did I say he was an elite receiver? I said he was better than Bennett. Do you actually read what you're responding to before you post?
To clarify, I think Bennett is the better WR, while Knox is faster. To your original point Knox might have been the more dangerous offensive weapon, but for me Bennett would be the one convering 3rd down and chipping someone on run plays.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
no more freakin game managers im over that shit id rather have my eyes stabbed out with spoons than have to live through another dink and dunk qb

Not saying I want a game manager type QB, just saying with the team we have I feel we can be just as successful with a game manager as we would with Cutler.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying I want a game manager type QB, just saying with the team we have I feel we can be just as successful with a game manager as we would with Cutler.

i hear u man i just dont think i could take it if cutler does go bring me in another gunslinger type go for it guy ya know im over that shit 3nout and punt cause our qb aint got the nuts to fire one out there

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That you said that really shows you to be an idiot.

Knox benefited from being force-fed in a Martz system and had really one productive year. He routinely dropped balls, was scared of contact, and ran blatantly wrong routes year after year.

Bennet's numbers are lower because he was often the 3rd option, but collected a lot of the "dirty yards" underneath, and consistently moved the chains and picked up first downs. One year he had the fewest drops in the entire league I believe, all while doing that dirty work.

Next time you open your pie hole, do more than just look at a stat line.

Behind Knox, wow, maybe you should have been the head coach, or, at the very least, the OC.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fu.gif

That`s a retort I can live with, lucid, direct, and to the point. :buttrock:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

So the Cutler haters are not only stupid about Cutler they are just as dumb about Knox. Amazing!!!!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mick, some on this board who consider Bennett elite, or that at the very least, a beast. :obama:

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Kyle Orton, Jon Quinn, Craig Krenzel, Cade Mcnown, Henry Burris, Shane Matthews, Steve Stentstrom.. I'm 25 and I remember all those guys..

My reaction before Cutler, every flippin season.

rex_rage.gif

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Kurt Russel wants to be our QB, Jay is the best out there for us.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
To clarify, I think Bennett is the better WR, while Knox is faster. To your original point Knox might have been the more dangerous offensive weapon, but for me Bennett would be the one convering 3rd down and chipping someone on run plays.
Earls a much better reciever, I agree 100%. Knox was a one trick pony, I liked him but Bennett is a solid reciever. Catches everything and can knock a db out

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Not even close, we just know that Bennett was better than Knox!

Exactly. Hyatt is more concerned with sucking Knox-dick than anything else at this point, apparently.

Bennett does a lot of the dirty, unappreciated and underappreciated work and gets the job done, and you can only be that efficient if you have great hands and run solid routes, which he does.