A'Shawn Robinson...

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Why? Because he rushes the passer worse?
Because Butler penetrates better, is quicker and more explosive off the line, consistently flashes his pass rushing ability, can fight off blocks and find the football. He's also quicker laterally and does a better job of moving down the line.

Robinson is bigger and stronger at the point of attack, that's about it. And for as strong as Robinson is, he doesn't showcase that raw power very often or as much as you'd think.

Butler has shown the ability to be a 3 down player. He also played some 5-technique which shows me he could possibly offer some versatility and kick outside to DE in a 3-4.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Or maybe people have watched him play and draw their own conclusions instead looking at 20 different mock drafts that have changed 100 times since February to get their opinions on a player they may or may not like.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Funny how not one mock on NFL.com has Butler as a first round pick. Greg Gabriel who knows more about football than anyone on this board has him as a 3-4 rounder.

But everyone here just knows he's the better prospect. The group think on this board sometimes is hilarious.
Yeah, the same Greg Gabriel who graded William Jackson as a 3rd Rounder.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit where people project Butler. He's from a small school so that probably works against him.

I know what I see on tape and he's a stud.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Or maybe people have watched him play and draw their own conclusions instead looking at 20 different mock drafts that have changed 100 times since February to get their opinions on a player they may or may not like.
Just like with William Jackson, if Butler was from a powerhouse school he'd be higher ranked and more talked about.

Big school prospects get most of the love.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the same Greg Gabriel who graded William Jackson as a 3rd Rounder.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit where people project Butler. He's from a small school so that probably works against him.

I know what I see on tape and he's a stud.

Gabriel has William Jackson as a 1-2 rounder on PFW.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just like with William Jackson, if Butler was from a powerhouse school he'd be higher ranked and more talked about.

Big school prospects get most of the love.

Jackson is getting a shit load of love I'm not sure what you're talking about.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Jackson is getting a shit load of love I'm not sure what you're talking about.
My point was that had he been from a bigger school, his stock would've already been where it is now or higher.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
It also doesn't help Butler that this DL class is loaded. Whereas the CB position is top heavy.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
It's different because it doesn't fit your narrative.
How is it different? QB's get the most attention out of all the positions. Add on to that Wentz's postseason success and that helps too.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
And like I said, the DL class being as loaded as it is doesn't help Butlers exposure either.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the group think is the obsession with A'Shawn. Most think Butler would be great as a second rounder not at #11

It's pretty clear you haven't been paying attention or have an issue with reading comprehension. Windy and maybe two other posters have had a hard on for him at one point or another with the 11th pick. The "group think" told them they were crazy, over and over and..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's great, but he still doesn't have any natural pass rushing traits.

The only move he's shown is a bull rush.

If he wasn't from Alabama I don't think he'd be ranked nearly as high as he is.

Or maybe because he comes from one of the best defensive minded coaches in history that played in the SEC which is the closest to NFL defenses? Just throwing that out there.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Or maybe because he comes from one of the best defensive minded coaches in history that played in the SEC which is the closest to NFL defenses? Just throwing that out there.

Great, he played for a brilliant defensive coach in a system that closely resembles NFL defenses.

What does that have to do with Robinson's ability and traits as a prospect? (speaking from an evaluation perspective)

Besides the fact that he got a lot of exposure and coverage playing at Alabama.