At least we didn't draft DeShaun Watson

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think this has anything to do with his knee...

We could pretend every QB who ever threw an Int into double coverage just absolutely sucked but then we'd have to say every QB to ever play the game just sucked. That's just silly.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In defense of Watson, he takes more downfield shots than any QB in the league. So just by that alone, he’s going to have more turnovers than most other QB’s.

Last edited:

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
In defense of Watson, he takes more downfield shots than any QB in the league. So just by that alone, he’s going to have more turnovers than most other QB’s.
True, very Cutler like he gives his guys chances to make plays but he's a better leader so guys will run thru a wall for him. But his arm isn't as good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He's also a running QB who fumbles a lot and has bad knees.

If he wants to be sucessful he needs to slow the risk factor down.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
We could pretend every QB who ever threw an Int into double coverage just absolutely sucked but then we'd have to say every QB to ever play the game just sucked. That's just silly.

So it's only OK when it's Bears' QBs.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
5 turnovers in two games and he already knows the system. He can't handle pressure and plays scared.

[video=youtube_share;Xjaf8YFuky0]https://youtu.be/Xjaf8YFuky0[/video]

Even a TD would’ve been an illegal forward pass. He went like a full yard beyond the LOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
5 turnovers in two games and he already knows the system. He can't handle pressure and plays scared.

[video=youtube_share;Xjaf8YFuky0]https://youtu.be/Xjaf8YFuky0[/video]

He was doing this dumb shit last season, but the media ignored it because he was throwing TDs. He was on pace for 20 INTs last season, partly because he'll just throw up some 50/50 balls awfully like Derek Carr. I do like Watson a lot he was my QB2 in the draft in 2017. I think he's in a good spot. But this play was a disaster and I saw it and thought this is why Andy Reid thankfully chose Mahomes because he has high football IQ.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was doing this dumb shit last season, but the media ignored it because he was throwing TDs. He was on pace for 20 INTs last season, partly because he'll just throw up some 50/50 balls awfully like Derek Carr. I do like Watson a lot he was my QB2 in the draft in 2017. I think he's in a good spot. But this play was a disaster and I saw it and thought this is why Andy Reid thankfully chose Mahomes because he has high football IQ.

Not sure they ignored it. His TD to Int ratio was good enough to accept the risk.

There is a risk reward element to all of this. Last year the risk was worth the reward whereas this year it isn't worth it.

By contrast, Trubs is on the risk averse end of the spectrum but so far the risk aversion has come with very little reward.

Both those guys need to find their respective balances.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So it's only OK when it's Bears' QBs.

Made no mention of Trubisky’s picks, just his poor pocket presence, piss poor deep ball and how should we say it nicely.... his lack of football acumen.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Made no mention of Trubisky’s picks, just his poor pocket presence, piss poor deep ball and how should we say it nicely.... his lack of football acumen.

Neither did I. I was thinking more Cutler and his willingness to throw into obvious double/triple (or even single) coverage and being condemned for it whether it worked or not.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither did I. I was thinking more Cutler and his willingness to throw into obvious double/triple (or even single) coverage and being condemned for it whether it worked or not.

Doing it consistently for as long as Cutler did would make anyone think that QB is no good.

Son, I’ve been a critic of bad Bears’ QBs for the better part of 5 decades. I am a seasoned veteran at this so nobody needs question what I say. Simply accept it as truth, thank me for my expert analysis and be on your merry way.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doing it consistently for as long as Cutler did would make anyone think that QB is no good.

Son, I’ve been a critic of bad Bears’ QBs for the better part of 5 decades. I am a seasoned veteran at this so nobody needs question what I say. Simply accept it as truth, thank me for my expert analysis and be on your merry way.

Thank you for your expert analysis.