At least we didn't draft DeShaun Watson

Toast88

Liked Posts:
As long as Watson’s healthy, he’ll probably lead the league in turnovers every year. It’s just who he is—high risk, high reward, high TDs, high turnovers.

The problem is, NFL defenses have a way of figuring out such people.

Also, in the NFL, a lot can be gleaned from completion percentage. Watson’s has sunk below 60 percent. Not good. It already wasn’t great last year. His accuracy has always been an issue.

Doesn’t mean he can’t rebound and be really good again, but there’s too much tape now and one more ACL injury. His days of giant TD numbers are over, I think.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
MT plays defense?

No but he led an O that put up 16 points. The poster said helped to blow a 20-0 lead and only scoring 3 points after being up 20-0 certainly contributed to the loss.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doing it consistently for as long as Cutler did would make anyone think that QB is no good.

Son, I’ve been a critic of bad Bears’ QBs for the better part of 5 decades. I am a seasoned veteran at this so nobody needs question what I say. Simply accept it as truth, thank me for my expert analysis and be on your merry way.

As I said, so it's only OK when it's Bears' QBs.

Some didn't need how long Cutler did it to bitch. That there is a Bears QB that isn't a backup scrub is reason enough for them to complain. It's almost as if they've been bitching about Bears QBs for the better part of 50 years and can't stop themselves or attempt to look at the QBs the same as they would if they weren't on the Bears.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Watson has looked terrible this year. Trubs still blew the Pack game. Sorry.

Not sure your point. The D is responsible for their failure and Trub is responsible for his.

Is 16 points acceptable for an offense? Did Trubs not leave plays on the field?

Fuller blew the game by dropping the Int. Trubs blew the game by not converting on 3 and 1 and by leading a failed drive. Both those things can be true at the same time.

You didn't say the D was at fault. You said we lost because of the QB. The D clearly choked the entire 2nd half. All they needed was 1 stop in the whole half. Is that too much to ask from a top 5 D? How was that play call by Nagy on 3rd and 1? Trubs was nowhere near perfect but he did not turn it over in the 2nd half and the D was nothing short of putrid in the 2nd half.

Trubs still blew the Pack game.
Fuller blew the game by dropping the Int.

So which was it? Yes, Fuller blew the game by dropping the gimmee. But he was helped by the rest of the D. Our play caller did the O no justice in the 2nd half. There was lots of blame to go around, but using your favorite word here, blaming the QB alone (which you did) is disingenuous.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You didn't say the D was at fault. You said we lost because of the QB. The D clearly choked the entire 2nd half. All they needed was 1 stop in the whole half. Is that too much to ask from a top 5 D? How was that play call by Nagy on 3rd and 1? Trubs was nowhere near perfect but he did not turn it over in the 2nd half and the D was nothing short of putrid in the 2nd half.

So which was it? Yes, Fuller blew the game by dropping the gimmee. But he was helped by the rest of the D. Our play caller did the O no justice in the 2nd half. There was lots of blame to go around, but using your favorite word here, blaming the QB alone (which you did) is disingenuous.

The topic was regarding Watson and Trubs. I said Watson was terrible and Trubisky blew the game.

I did not say either was the sole reason for their team losing. When you mentioned the D I acknowledged that the D is responsible for their failures in the loss.

So you are confused. I was addressing a specific point ie Watson vs Trubisky and had no reason to bring in their respective defenses.

Just because I don't mention the D doesn't mean you can assume I am absolving them especially when I say they are at fault when you raise the issue.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Doing it consistently for as long as Cutler did would make anyone think that QB is no good.

Son, I’ve been a critic of bad Bears’ QBs for the better part of 5 decades. I am a seasoned veteran at this so nobody needs question what I say. Simply accept it as truth, thank me for my expert analysis and be on your merry way.
Well there's this
You know it's true, Joe Flacco is elite.

It's like deja vu all over again. Last year, before the season began, Eli Manning was asked by the media if he thought he was elite. The season would end w/Eli as the Super Bowl MVP. This season it was Joe Flacco who was asked the question if he thought he was elite and here he is among, what will be, the final 4 against all odds after a stellar performance by him. The media is inadvertently creating elite QBs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well there's this

Well, Doc, not surprised you took it out of context. I was merely pointing to the irony of how, when those 2 were asked by the media if they were elite, they both answered with SB wins. Looked to me like that would be easy to comprehend for most.

I’ve never been a fan of Eli’s but what Flacco did en route to carrying his team to SB glory, while Ray Lewis tried to steal the spotlight with his dramatic announcement of it being his last year, was nothing short of phenomenal.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said, so it's only OK when it's Bears' QBs.

Some didn't need how long Cutler did it to bitch. That there is a Bears QB that isn't a backup scrub is reason enough for them to complain. It's almost as if they've been bitching about Bears QBs for the better part of 50 years and can't stop themselves or attempt to look at the QBs the same as they would if they weren't on the Bears.

You appear to be stuck on stupid.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I don’t get the Watson hate... he’s in the AFC...

bugg

Liked Posts:
While we're doing these nonsense threads, make one where you're angry that we didn't get Fitzpatrick instead of Glennon

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it's a good thing it doesn't take a genius to see through your moronic contradictions.

Not a single contradiction. Your reading comprehension is just that bad. No matter what is said, you comeback with the same girly response.