At least we didn't draft DeShaun Watson

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
5 turnovers in two games and he already knows the system. He can't handle pressure and plays scared.

[video=youtube_share;Xjaf8YFuky0]https://youtu.be/Xjaf8YFuky0[/video]

Watson actually looks even worse than his stats lead on. He is losing games by himself. Putting his team in massive holes with his TOs. He lost to BLAINE GABBERT throwing 117 yards. If you watched the first 2 games of this year you would know what I’m talking about. I think defenses have adjusted to his jump ball passes and he isn’t running as much due to his previous injury. On top of that he already has 2 ACL tears. One more series injury and he will be out of the league. I’m glad the Bears took Mitch over Watson. The longer the season goes on more will agree with me

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
Watson is the same guy he was last year. Rhe only difference is his guys aren't coming down with it when he throws it up for grabs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chargers went 8-8 that year and went 5-11 the year before they were an average team but had some HOF players like RB LaDainian Tomlinson and LB Junior Seau. Donnie Edwards was also really good.

He didn't move to NOLA till year 6 and he did pretty good.
Brees was drafted in 2001 as Chargers were coming off a 1-15 season in 2000. He was drafted in the second round due to concerns about his height so, again, not a top draft pick used on him. Chargers went 5-11 that first year but he didn't start til the following year when they went 8-8. He did throw for over 3000 yards. He slipped a bit the following year and, I believe, it was Flutie who took over as starter for a while but then Brees took over again. The year after that they drafted (really traded for) Rivers and with the competition set, Brees picked up the intensity and had a great year. Had another good year following that but had the shoulder injury at the end of the season. Chargers tried to low ball him, he wanted no part of it and signed with the Saints.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I remember wanting Brees...
Imagine 2005/2006 with him at the helm.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
This was my issue with everybody anointing Watson and Garappalo as superstars after only a handful of games. To be clear I am not saying that neither of them will develop into star qbs but just that 6 games is not enough to determine it one way or the other. Seeing how these qb's respond after defenses figure them out will determine how well they really develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why the fuck would anyone wait 14 whole games to come to a conclusion??? We saw the actual best player in the world last year and it only took 6 games of play for that to be obvious.
Obsessed.

If i knew I would have this much influence over the simple minded I'd have gone into politics.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Watson is the same guy he was last year. Rhe only difference is his guys aren't coming down with it when he throws it up for grabs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RickSmith.jpg

This is Rick Smith. He was ordered to go up and draft Watson after they had missed on Mahomes by the owner. The coaching staff and others look just thrilled don't they? ....or maybe Rick just farted....you tell me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Didn't say I expected a shutout, you did, and that is disingenuous. But, I would expect a top 5 D to maintain a 20 point lead especially when the QB is really hurting. I would not expect a top 5 D to give up points on every 2nd half possession when the team is not turning over the ball. I would expect a $14m per year CB to catch a can'o'corn that most pee-wee league players catch. But, it's all the QB's fault.

I suppose it was all Rodgers' fault that Minn came back on them this week and it was not on GB's D?

Not sure your point. The D is responsible for their failure and Trub is responsible for his.

Is 16 points acceptable for an offense? Did Trubs not leave plays on the field?

Fuller blew the game by dropping the Int. Trubs blew the game by not converting on 3 and 1 and by leading a failed drive. Both those things can be true at the same time.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson on the Bears = 2-0 and favorites to win the NFC North. You put that guy on this team and nobody would want to face the Bears. Fact

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson on the Bears = 2-0 and favorites to win the NFC North. You put that guy on this team and nobody would want to face the Bears. Fact

He is 0-2 on a pretty damn good team.

He is better than Mitch right now, but his issues with turnovers appear to be a limiting factor. It is also his 2nd season in the offense and he seems to be regressing which should be a little concerning.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

he's looked bad his first two games hanging on to the ball. He has had 3 fumbles because of it and luckily his team only lost 1 of them.......

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears top to bottom are better than Texans. Their D is inconsistent, their OL is atrocious and their RB is ok. They obviously better at WR.

Having said that, a bit pointless to try and predict how Watson would be with Bears.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is 0-2 on a pretty damn good team.

He is better than Mitch right now, but his issues with turnovers appear to be a limiting factor. It is also his 2nd season in the offense and he seems to be regressing which should be a little concerning.

Bears are a damn good team right now, top 5 if you take the QB out of the equation. You can put at least 20 different NFL QB's in place of Trubisky and Bears would be a nightmare to face.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Watson would flop with any team. The jury remains on Trubisky.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't watch football last year did ya? I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet. Had a big brain fart late in the last game that cost them. With guys coming off serious injury, might need a few games under their belt to get it out of their mind. Se how he progresses over the next several weeks.

I'm also interested to see how well Wentz bounces back as he'll be returning next week.

I don’t think this has anything to do with his knee...