In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm going out on a limb here and say he won't be in Goal-line situations.....lol.......i know it's only one game, but did anyone see something they liked?
Kid looked great to me, showed plenty of variety and change of pace to his rush. Many players just repetitively do the same move and have no counters. This kid was embarrassing the RT and the LT too. Texas was a really good team so it's not like he was playing against scrubs.

ComeOnDown

Liked Posts:
Austin Booker was a great get in the 5th round. And, yes, he has tremendous upside. The guys who are critical of him are mainly the combine guys. Ask his coaches at the senior bowl. He was great all week long. Let him put some lean muscle on his frame (he is stronger than he looks) and learn some NFL moves and you will have a gem. Plus he's a great kid.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I’m a virgin because I know who an actor is and what movie he recently stared in?
Is that what happened - he has the same name as an actor? I thought you were literally announcing that you were watching sci-fi in a draft thread, which seemed random has hell. Alcohol was was involved on my end. It makes more sense now. Carry on. 👍

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Is that what happened - he has the same name as an actor? I thought you were literally announcing that you were watching sci-fi in a draft thread, which seemed random has hell. Alcohol was was involved on my end. It makes more sense now. Carry on. 👍
I think this poster I am quoting is a virgin.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Daniel Jeremiah said if he returned to Kansas he probably would have been a late 1 or early 2 in 2025.

Grendel2000

Liked Posts:
Austin Booker was a great get in the 5th round. And, yes, he has tremendous upside. The guys who are critical of him are mainly the combine guys. Ask his coaches at the senior bowl. He was great all week long. Let him put some lean muscle on his frame (he is stronger than he looks) and learn some NFL moves and you will have a gem. Plus he's a great kid.
What's the deal with the one scouting report going around (not gonna search for a link - sorry) that made him out to be an a-hole? It sounded BAD but was kinda weird coming from just one source...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Daniel Jeremiah said if he returned to Kansas he probably would have been a late 1 or early 2 in 2025.
A good reminder that players will continue to get better and when drafted, it's for more than just their rookie season.

It seems obvious, but often when looking at how a guy can immediately contribute, fans can forget that it's a 5 year investment, and hopefully more.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A good reminder that players will continue to get better and when drafted, it's for more than just their rookie season.

It seems obvious, but often when looking at how a guy can immediately contribute, fans can forget that it's a 5 year investment, and hopefully more.
Do you really think he's going to get faster as he puts on more mass?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i know they wanted Trice in the 3rd but every site i look at has Booker ranked slightly above Trice

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's a comparison to a player that I think we'd all love if Booker can develop into at least a role player. Israel Idonije. Played 30 lbs heavier, naturally, and ran his 40 at 4.65. .15 faster than guy.

If Booker cans somehow get up to 275 and through some sort of miracle run faster, maybe he can play up to an Idonije level.

I think Booker will have to start out strictly special teams for now.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Definitely a Passing situation only player for now....but he probably will get up to 255 in a couple of years and then we'll see how he pans out. Imo, he's a work in progress for da Bears.