B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice of Sid to show Connor how to score a goal.
Now he'll know what to do.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glad Donato got rewarded. He was up in Jarry's grill all night like he's supposed to be.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see how this team handles injuries and fatigue of a long season but damn that was fun. Mrazek very good tonight. I wasn't sure he was going to be a starting caliber goalie and last year's defense really hurt him but if he keeps playing like this the Hawks have a chance to be decent this year. Super excited to see Bedard get on the score sheet and how the Hawks responded after the first goal to see the floodgates open.

On the Boston tomorrow first game on TNT

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bruins are shaking in their hockey boots!

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Let's not forget the young D-men......Kaizer, Vlassic & Korchinski were very good...held their ground and weren't pushed around....all three have a bright future with BHs....but yes....Mzerk was the No. 1 Star last night.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's not forget the young D-men......Kaizer, Vlassic & Korchinski were very good...held their ground and weren't pushed around....all three have a bright future with BHs....but yes....Mzerk was the No. 1 Star last night.
I thought they were a bit squirrely - especially Kaiser. To be expected, though. Let's not forget that Keith looked like a newborn antelope on ice when he broke into the league. Nothing that can't be fixed, of course. Kinda wish Pickle Surprise would play more to his size. Over they looked better and more comported as the game whent on.

And yeah, Korch should be on PP1.

Much tougher nut to crack in Boston tonight.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If this holds up, he'll be put on the wing....
He was good in preseason, albeit lesser talent, at least from what I remember. I can't find the stats right now. At one point in one of the game I think he won 8 straight. So I'm hopeful this is just another adjustment period to the talent.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought they were a bit squirrely - especially Kaiser. To be expected, though. Let's not forget that Keith looked like a newborn antelope on ice when he broke into the league. Nothing that can't be fixed, of course. Kinda wish Pickle Surprise would play more to his size. Over they looked better and more comported as the game whent on.

And yeah, Korch should be on PP1.

Much tougher nut to crack in Boston tonight.
Kaiser was a bit unnoticeable to me, which isn't a bad thing especially this young and so early. I've been impressed with Vlasic especially at his size. Looking forward to seeing if he can continue to grow or if this will end up being his ceiling. Korchinski, I'm no talent scout by any means, other than he seemed to be everywhere last night.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks didn't get into Boston until 230am this morning according to Davidson on 670. They are a +335 dog against Boston. Let's see if Perry can keep the backpack on and continue to carry.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks didn't get into Boston until 230am this morning according to Davidson on 670. They are a +335 dog against Boston. Let's see if Perry can keep the backpack on and continue to carry.
Game ended in Pitt at about 11 local, so that seems about right as much as it sucks. Second opposing team opening night in a row. Let's hope the youth keeps energy in their legs and the adrenaline from the win last night carries over. Haven't seen the lineup yet but I assume Soderblom in goal but early enough in the season that Mrazek can probably go back to back.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game ended in Pitt at about 11 local, so that seems about right as much as it sucks. Second opposing team opening night in a row. Let's hope the youth keeps energy in their legs and the adrenaline from the win last night carries over. Haven't seen the lineup yet but I assume Soderblom in goal but early enough in the season that Mrazek can probably go back to back.

This opening road trip is freaking brutal outside of Montreal.