B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to the game Saturday. If you're watching I'm the guy in the Bedard jersey (giveaway).

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to the game Saturday. If you're watching I'm the guy in the Bedard jersey (giveaway).
You'd have a better chance getting on TV wearing a Clad in Darkness t-shirt.

I know what I'm talking about I've been in a binnys commercial. Hiiii cccc

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Hawks were so completely outclassed by a bigger, faster, more skilled, better coached, and more experienced reigning champions, no surprise there especially given it was the tail-end of a road trip.

My early season observations:

Disappointments: Reichel and Korchinski; the former seems all skates and no hands/no D and the latter's defensive awareness and abilities are a major liability. I know it's early and they have each flashed a bit, but not nearly enough to give me hope they can one day be impact players.

Better than expected: Vlasic. Also Seth Jones and Murphy look solid, I feel like those 3 are a nice foundation for a good D. Also Mrazek has been really good.

It's early and the team is only incrementally better than last season but they are playing hard and competing for the most part and are fun to watch, this could be the beginning of the beginning of a really good team in a couple years.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hawks were so completely outclassed by a bigger, faster, more skilled, better coached, and more experienced reigning champions, no surprise there especially given it was the tail-end of a road trip.

Disappointments: Reichel and Korchinski; the former seems all skates and no hands/no D and the latter's defensive awareness and abilities are a major liability. I know it's early and they have each flashed a bit, but not nearly enough to give me hope they can one day be impact players.

Better than expected: Vlasic. Also Seth Jones and Murphy look solid, I feel like those 3 are a nice foundation for a good D. Also Mrazek has been really good.

It's early and the team is only incrementally better than last season but they are playing hard and competing for the most part and are fun to watch, this could be the beginning of the beginning of a really good team in a couple years.
Agree with everything but Korchinski. Last night was a setback but he's been impressive for his age and getting better. We'll see if last night was a blip or a turning point.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I think Korch has looked better than Murph. Reichel was expecting more

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The argument is that it is on national TV on ESPN and they wanted to stagger games. Here's a hint... west coast doesn't care about hockey, east coast will all be asleep and 75% of blackhawks fans will be asleep and drooling by end of the 1st period. Doubt the denver crowd moves the needle.

Absolutely fucking stupid BUT I WILL WATCH THE WHOLE GAME ANYWAYS.
Yeah we do. But to be fair, no reason the Avs game couldn't start normal mountain time...especially because they delayed the sport of hockey for the standing around and doing nothing of football.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PS. Snipes worthy of Wesley by Bernard and nice bouncer from Reese!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's with this garbage ass music they keep playing?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough goal there. Thought the Hawks looked pretty decent against such competition.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Murp knows how to cover his zone/man