B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

Tincup61

Liked Posts:
Jones has found his partner, they never left the ice that last three minutes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Super good win. Lot's of energy throughout especially for another road game. Bedard is going to pot one of these soon. Unfortunate for Hall on the empty net but got the PP goal finally.

What goes around comes around I guess. Glad Raddysh wasn't offsides

Granada

Liked Posts:
That was a fun one. I dig Vlasic.
I was shocked how good this kid looked. That sauce pass to Perry was utterly epic. Soderblom with the 2-save left pad late in the game, he was fantastic too.

I still don't know what to make of this team just yet, but they're competing out of the gate. That's a testament to guys like Foligno and Perry, but most importantly, Richardson. I knew this team would be fun to watch simply because of Bedard, but they've been to fun to watch because of the new additions as well, including Hall.

It's early, but the fact they outplayed the Leafs -- who are supposed to be light years ahead of them -- for 2/3 of the game was impressive.

On another note, I wish Murphy knew how to fight, lol.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was shocked how good this kid looked. That sauce pass to Perry was utterly epic. Soderblom with the 2-save left pad late in the game, he was fantastic too.

I still don't know what to make of this team just yet, but they're competing out of the gate. That's a testament to guys like Foligno and Perry, but most importantly, Richardson. I knew this team would be fun to watch simply because of Bedard, but they've been to fun to watch because of the new additions as well, including Hall.

It's early, but the fact they outplayed the Leafs -- who are supposed to be light years ahead of them -- for 2/3 of the game was impressive.

I said it in previous threads/posts, but with the cap space they had they could have tried to just go out there and buy some competitive win today players and hoped it worked out. (I realize they probably still overpaid some for a few folks but that's the nature of this) Getting Bedard accelerated the "Win now" time table from 5 years to probably 2-3 but it doesn't mean this year. What it does mean though that most importantly for year 3 the culture and the winning do have to start this year. He went out and instead of just trying to buy a whole bunch of people he bought the right people. Foligno, Perry and Hall especially was just the ticket for this team, and it also didn't over load the team with too many vets giving ice time to the young kids still who will be needed as the core of the team, and when the vets time is over. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy, they don't have to win it all this year bu they have to learn how to win. Getting to the playoffs would be a good first step to that dynasty that they thing Bedard is bringing and they already are stocked with draft picks the next couple of years to either surround him with the pieces or use them in trade.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I said it in previous threads/posts, but with the cap space they had they could have tried to just go out there and buy some competitive win today players and hoped it worked out. (I realize they probably still overpaid some for a few folks but that's the nature of this) Getting Bedard accelerated the "Win now" time table from 5 years to probably 2-3 but it doesn't mean this year. What it does mean though that most importantly for year 3 the culture and the winning do have to start this year. He went out and instead of just trying to buy a whole bunch of people he bought the right people. Foligno, Perry and Hall especially was just the ticket for this team, and it also didn't over load the team with too many vets giving ice time to the young kids still who will be needed as the core of the team, and when the vets time is over. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy, they don't have to win it all this year bu they have to learn how to win. Getting to the playoffs would be a good first step to that dynasty that they thing Bedard is bringing and they already are stocked with draft picks the next couple of years to either surround him with the pieces or use them in trade.
Agree. I've said it before since Day 1 and I'll say it again: I approve of just about every move Davidson has made thus far in his tenure. Fun fact: he tried to get Lucic before getting one of Foligno or Perry; think it was Foligno. I would have loved Lucic on this team, but yeah, Davidson knew he needed muscle/protection because it's year 1 of the rebuild, and he went out and got it.

I'm hoping Vlasic and Korchinski can be the next Seabrook/Keith. Way too early to say right now of course.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, that pass to Perry was really something. I'm not one to really exclaim out loud when watching sports, but I was like, "holy fuck dude."

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not impressed with your rounding up of $900,000 in total assets, and likely more than that in debt, fuck off. Bring back @KBIB who brings actual content to the board.

Also, holy fuck, #98 gonna be legend.
Please stick to Hawkey talk instead of being jealous of @Clintk55 . Not a good look here at all honestly.

The more you try and make up fake numbers like that, the more cope I read.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That big hit by Tinordi on Dach apparently ended his season. You really hate to see that and I agree it was a good clean hockey play. No one wants to see players get hurt.

When it happen I thought he might be injured, but he got back out there and at least made it back to the bench fine and I sort of lost track of him the rest of the game. Seems he didn't return.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do the pacific timezone games start before the mountain timezone game in Colorado?

9:30pm CT (realistically 9:45 puck drop). Fy NHL schedulers!

Granada

Liked Posts:
That big hit by Tinordi on Dach apparently ended his season. You really hate to see that and I agree it was a good clean hockey play. No one wants to see players get hurt.

When it happen I thought he might be injured, but he got back out there and at least made it back to the bench fine and I sort of lost track of him the rest of the game. Seems he didn't return.
I was shocked it wasn't a concussion. Dach always had the penchant for taking really monstrous checks (same with Marcus Kruger); just goes to show you how on-ice awareness is key. Just another thing he has to work on, if it's possible to even work on that skill (for some guys, I'd imagine they simply can't). The dude is still young, but I don't think he'll ever be what he was projected to be.

Anyways, clean hit. Sucks for Dach. Good thing he signed that 4-year contract when he did.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Get to watch the game driving back from hockey practice.

Really enjoy watching this team

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's absolutely insane.

The argument is that it is on national TV on ESPN and they wanted to stagger games. Here's a hint... west coast doesn't care about hockey, east coast will all be asleep and 75% of blackhawks fans will be asleep and drooling by end of the 1st period. Doubt the denver crowd moves the needle.

Absolutely fucking stupid BUT I WILL WATCH THE WHOLE GAME ANYWAYS.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The argument is that it is on national TV on ESPN and they wanted to stagger games. Here's a hint... west coast doesn't care about hockey, east coast will all be asleep and 75% of blackhawks fans will be asleep and drooling by end of the 1st period. Doubt the denver crowd moves the needle.

Absolutely fucking stupid BUT I WILL WATCH THE WHOLE GAME ANYWAYS.
I just looked. ESPN is protecting their shitty college football lineup tonight. They chose James Madison vs Marshall which was well into the second half with a hockey score of 3-2. That game started at 6:00 our time and college football often goes at least three and a half now so if they wanted to keep it on the main station it had to start at 9:30. Complete bullshit. It's set to be over by 9:00 but we'll see the 4th quarter just started. It's been a relatively fast game anymore these things go anymore so I'm sure they'll find a way to jam work.