B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I partied with Teemu in Helsinki in 2007 after the Ducks won the Cup. Been to his summer cottage a couple times. Dude has the sickest cigar collection you could ever imagine.
You won the drinking contest though, right?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow!
76 is pretty old for a rookie! Good on him!
Unfortunately it was rough going there for the next 2 years until he broke out again. He still had 2 more 50 goal seasons and several 40+. One hell of a career. Just over a point a game and immediate hall of famer, I don't know if they have rules about when they can be inducted but he was done in 2014 and inducted 2017. Him and Paul Kariya helped put the Mighty Ducks on the map.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
ESPN is listing this game as on ESPN+ as well for out of market folks.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice of them to give the home fans a look at El Bedardo before they send him back to Jrs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mixed bag tonight. Tough to get a good read as the Blues were playing with a split squad. I did think Bedard was the best player on the ice for both teams. As a bonus, he was better at the dot than I expected. The Hawk defense is quite young and they will be burned by a lot of blown coverages by a better group than they faced tonight. As a team, they looked a lot faster than what we saw last year.

One thing though....the kid is gonna have to learn how to handle the terrible ice at the UC. Kaner had trouble with it too early in his career.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Mixed bag tonight. Tough to get a good read as the Blues were playing with a split squad. I did think Bedard was the best player on the ice for both teams. As a bonus, he was better at the dot than I expected. The Hawk defense is quite young and they will be burned by a lot of blown coverages by a better group than they faced tonight. As a team, they looked a lot faster than what we saw last year.

One thing though....the kid is gonna have to learn how to handle the terrible ice at the UC. Kaner had trouble with it too early in his career.
It was one hell of a debut either way. I'm leaning into the fact that they said this was already the blues 4th? preseason game. If so that's a big deal as far as how much more put together and prepared they could already be.

Can't deny how shit the ice was last night. No bulls to blame either.