B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me an H!
Give me an O!
Nevermind. We ain't got time for this shit!
Just give me hockey!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure Luke Richardson lurks here so I have an idea he maybe can use on the power play.

Step 1 - Win faceoff.
Step 2 - Give puck to Bedard.
Step 3 - Profit!

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I'm pretty sure Luke Richardson lurks here so I have an idea he maybe can use on the power play.

Step 1 - Win faceoff.
Step 2 - Give puck to Bedard.
Step 3 - Profit!
love your logic.....win faceoff is ALWAYS No. 1 fundamental in hockey....

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for the Bedard show. Going to be a fun 10-15 years here boys

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Greenberg was named the Detroit Tigers’ general manager Thursday after just 16 months as the Hawks’ associate GM.

The move represents a return to baseball for the 37-year-old executive, who spent 11 years with the Cubs — working underneath Scott Harris, formerly the Cubs’ assistant GM who has since become the Tigers’ director of baseball operations — before joining the Hawks in April 2022.

Greenberg was a finalist for but ultimately lost out on the Hawks’ GM role to Kyle Davidson that spring. Nonetheless, he later accepted Davidson’s offer to come aboard beneath him and build out a comprehensive analytics database, since dubbed the “Madhouse” database, similar to the Cubs’ “Ivy” database.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Greenberg was named the Detroit Tigers’ general manager Thursday after just 16 months as the Hawks’ associate GM.

The move represents a return to baseball for the 37-year-old executive, who spent 11 years with the Cubs — working underneath Scott Harris, formerly the Cubs’ assistant GM who has since become the Tigers’ director of baseball operations — before joining the Hawks in April 2022.

Greenberg was a finalist for but ultimately lost out on the Hawks’ GM role to Kyle Davidson that spring. Nonetheless, he later accepted Davidson’s offer to come aboard beneath him and build out a comprehensive analytics database, since dubbed the “Madhouse” database, similar to the Cubs’ “Ivy” database.

This is bad news for the Hawks, considering I've liked almost move the new regime has made.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is bad news for the Hawks, considering I've liked almost move the new regime has made.
You know....you're right. Most people would say..."meh, a numbers cruncher". In 16 months, he's gone from a "cruncher" to a GM of a ML baseball team. That is one HUGE jump to make. This guy must bring a ton to the table.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Paywalled, but here is the interesting stuff.

They compare Bedard to Matthews who had 40 goals his rookie year. Vegas apparently says 32.5. So he's predicting Connor to have 35 goals this year making it the 6th highest rookie total in the last 30 years.

How many goals do you say he'll have?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Over 40 closer to 50. His shot is unreal. My son’s practice the other night the one coach who works with Bedard had missed a week of practice working with McSavid and Bedard. My son got to talk to this coach one on one for a bit and he was talking with him to help with his edge work. Told my kid to absorb anything he says.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Over 40 closer to 50. His shot is unreal. My son’s practice the other night the one coach who works with Bedard had missed a week of practice working with McSavid and Bedard. My son got to talk to this coach one on one for a bit and he was talking with him to help with his edge work. Told my kid to absorb anything he says.
I'm hesitant to put that kind of hype on him. I think I'm hesitant to get any kind of hopes up. But I don't see why he can't push close to 40 given his talent and eval. He's just so young still. Matthews was only what 19, and Bedard 18 but I think that's a big extra year when you're that young. We shall see.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Paywalled, but here is the interesting stuff.

They compare Bedard to Matthews who had 40 goals his rookie year. Vegas apparently says 32.5. So he's predicting Connor to have 35 goals this year making it the 6th highest rookie total in the last 30 years.

How many goals do you say he'll have?
50 plus.....i think the rookie record is 70 +........but its by a European, wasn't 'normal' rookie age.....Teleemu Selane (sp) of the Ducks...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
50 plus.....i think the rookie record is 70 +........but its by a European, wasn't 'normal' rookie age.....Teleemu Selane (sp) of the Ducks...
Teemu Selänne, one of my all time favorites growing up. 76 his rookie year.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Teemu Selänne, one of my all time favorites growing up. 76 his rookie year.
Thanks for the stat....do you know how old he was as a rookie. He came over from Finland, I remember that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the stat....do you know how old he was as a rookie. He came over from Finland, I remember that.

I partied with Teemu in Helsinki in 2007 after the Ducks won the Cup. Been to his summer cottage a couple times. Dude has the sickest cigar collection you could ever imagine.