Liked Posts:
At least we know Sopel isn't a bandwagon fan, he still does local TV.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So lets turn this "we are diehard fans and you arent" back on us...</p>

</p>

Why do "you" care if someone is a bandwagon fan or not? Is it because "we" want to keep ourselves seperate and above others? To show off knowledge or the fact some of us study the history of the sport and team while starting at stats for hours? Do "we" really have a need to placate our egos because WE know more so WE are true fans and that somehow makes us more important or better?</p>

</p>

Who. Cares. Bandwagon, hardcore, whatever. It makes no difference. Its a hockey game.</p>

</p>

The real question is, why would the level of another person's fandom or lack thereof, even more so with anonymous people, even register?</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="204641" data-time="1372861943">
<div>

Anyone miss the band? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

The year I ditch the tiks, they ditch the band. Rocky and McCub must have found prettier boy candy and got tired of giving the band favors.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="204571" data-time="1372819089">
<div>

Love the Rahmfather moniker. Not sure if John Kass made that up or stole it from someone but it is funny as hell.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yep, all John Kass.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="204641" data-time="1372861943">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Taint Nugget? Nope.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="204642" data-time="1372862428">
<div>

So lets turn this "we are diehard fans and you arent" back on us...</p>

</p>

Why do "you" care if someone is a bandwagon fan or not? Is it because "we" want to keep ourselves seperate and above others? To show off knowledge or the fact some of us study the history of the sport and team while starting at stats for hours? Do "we" really have a need to placate our egos because WE know more so WE are true fans and that somehow makes us more important or better?</p>

</p>

Who. Cares. Bandwagon, hardcore, whatever. It makes no difference. Its a hockey game.</p>

</p>

The real question is, why would the level of another person's fandom or lack thereof, even more so with anonymous people, even register?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

As long as my experience isn't ruined I don't care.  I have noticed that it's been more enjoyable watching it on my HDTV or experiencing it with the people I became friends with on the boards.  Being at the Fox and Hound with a good portion of friends was a great time in 2010 and 2013.  </p>

You can go to any sports venue in Chicago and there can be some turd that scores tix next you that can either be a good/bad experience.

I try to make the best of it and let the other crap roll off of me, but there are times in which it can be annoying (people standing up every time the puck crosses the blue line--not waiting for the whistle--paying $500 for a SC ticket then leaning toward me and asking who #4 is-- or paying $500 for a SC ticket and waving/texting to friends 3 sections over to prove you're at the game).  I'm not sure if the above can be attributed to "bandwagon" fans or just plain shitty "fans."  I've found that there are some Blackhawks fans that have been following the team forever can be just as bad as those who discovered the team in 2010.  

Maybe I'm just too old school.</p>

I pay for a ticket to a hockey game.  I expect to watch hockey.  All the sideshow shit is secondary. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="204650" data-time="1372863888">
<div>

As long as my experience isn't ruined I don't care.  I have noticed that it's been more enjoyable watching it on my HDTV or experiencing it with the people I became friends with on the boards.  Being at the Fox and Hound with a good portion of friends was a great time in 2010 and 2013.  </p>

You can go to any sports venue in Chicago and there can be some turd that scores tix next you that can either be a good/bad experience.

I try to make the best of it and let the other crap roll off of me, but there are times in which it can be annoying (people standing up every time the puck crosses the blue line--not waiting for the whistle--paying $500 for a SC ticket then leaning toward me and asking who #4 is-- or paying $500 for a SC ticket and waving/texting to friends 3 sections over to prove you're at the game).  I'm not sure if the above can be attributed to "bandwagon" fans or just plain shitty "fans."  I've found that there are some Blackhawks fans that have been following the team forever can be just as bad as those who discovered the team in 2010.  

Maybe I'm just too old school.</p>

I pay for a ticket to a hockey game.  I expect to watch hockey.  All the sideshow shit is secondary. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I wont lie, things like this used to bother me too. Until I realized that it really doesnt deter from my enjoyment. When I would "correct" people on misinformation, most of the time it was not to help educate someone on a hobby of mine, it was out of annoyance of someone spewing forth dumb information and I wanted to belittle them because they were delivering the information with just gusto that must be tied somewhere to my own ego.</p>

</p>

Now? I dont care at all if they are right or wrong. Nor is it my job or my enjoyment to correct them.</p>

</p>

As far as paying for tickets and asking who a player is, as per your example? I simply answer them. It is their money. If I dont want to be bothered, I will simple ignore them. I dont know them, what do I care?</p>

</p>

Now, the standing while puck is in play? First time is a mention as many wont know that it is rude, because it really isnt in other sporting events, or any event really... Ignorance is not a fault. However do it again... :)</p>

</p>

But as far as the banter that occurs around me and some of the ignorant comments I may hear, so be it.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Until now I totally forgot about the band. HaHa  So no, I don't think I missed them at all.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless you are a gigacore fan you ain'ts nuttin'!

As I have said before I could care less the type of fan some one is just as long as they wait for the whistle.

We have all been that beginner fan of something, and I am sure we all had some fans, gigacore it otherwise, help us become more of a fan or enlighten us on the nuances of the sport.

Personally, I don't mind chatting with new or bandwagon fans to pass on those nuances. Sometimes there is a thing or two to learn from them as well. It is also all in the attitude of the conversation from all sides, and if they are jags about no reason not to just walk away. No different than I treat anyone else.

hotkarl840

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiHawksFan" data-cid="204276" data-time="1372692755">
<div>

Wow buddy....I could have copied and pasted most of this and called it my story. My parents never had cable either and the Hawks were never on TV. Shit...I didn't have cable until I went to college!! If I wanted to catch a game, I would listen to it on the radio. So it was very convenient for me to be just a casual fan growing up. Especially since the Bulls were doing their thing each winter in the 90s.</p>

</p>

However, I was lucky enough to go to a few games in the old stadium when I was a kid. My dad has always been a big Hawks fan. He would tell me about the old days with Hull, Mikita, Esposito, etc. I've always wanted to see the Hawks succeed in the 90s, but I never really lived and died with each game until about 2008-2009 (after the Hawks got Toews and Kane). Now I can't get enough of the team.</p>

</p>

Does this make me a "bandwagon" fan? Maybe....</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Thanks.  We both cared enough at least to realize on our own that something very special was about to happen and wanted to see the growing process.  If that makes us "bandwagon" fans than at least we were first and have the best seats on the wagon.  Maybe a leather captain's chair by the window and with giant cupholders?</p>

</p>

Anyway, I would define a true "bandwagonner" as someone who hates something (or is deliberately ignorant) and then switches gears the second it starts to get popular...as if a team's success somehow validates and improves their own pathetic lives.  The second the team (or band or show, etc) starts to struggle they're on to the next new thing that a lot of people like.  The bandwaggoner's mental dialogue constantly screams, "Accept me!  Love me! Tell me I'm Amazing!" and they may not even be aware of it.</p>

</p>

I think this is totally different from some of the casual people you'll see at bars and maybe even at the parade.  I've had several co-workers, older relatives and friends that really don't give a shit one way or another about SPORTS IN GENERAL.  Some have even said as much.  Yet they can easily see that other people around them are really happy and would just like to experience that kind of joy with them.  I got more than one "That was amazing!!" texts right after Game 6 from people that I guarantee will not be watching on opening night next year.  In 2010 my boss watched the parade from his office window.  When I came back upstairs after it was over he was beaming.  "You don't get to see that every day!  That was great!"  If he watched more than 20 minutes of the entire Finals I'd have been surprised.  I've got no problem with people like that.  None at all.</p>

</p>

As far as general asshat behavior:  deliberately not waiting for whistles, talking on phones, falling down drunk, yelling "shoot!" or "Detroit Sucks!" for no reason, well.....those people are just douchebags, whether they're bandwaggoners or not.  Their kind transcends any race, sex, religion or creed and we will unfortunately encounter them in all aspects of our lives.  I share all of the veteran fans' sentiment on this board that humanity would improve if we could somehow wipe them from existence. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hotkarl840" data-cid="204766" data-time="1372890964">

Their kind transcends any race, sex, religion or creed and we will unfortunately encounter them in all aspects of our lives.</p></blockquote>

It's a sad, but true, fact. It's too bad the United Way or UNICEF has been unable to do something with these poor, unfortunate folks.

...Hope springs eternal, though...

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hotkarl840" data-cid="204766" data-time="1372890964">
<div>

</p>

I think this is totally different from some of the casual people you'll see at bars and maybe even at the parade.  I've had several co-workers, older relatives and friends that really don't give a shit one way or another about SPORTS IN GENERAL.  Some have even said as much.  Yet they can easily see that other people around them are really happy and would just like to experience that kind of joy with them.  I got more than one "That was amazing!!" texts right after Game 6 from people that I guarantee will not be watching on opening night next year.  In 2010 my boss watched the parade from his office window.  When I came back upstairs after it was over he was beaming.  "You don't get to see that every day!  That was great!"  If he watched more than 20 minutes of the entire Finals I'd have been surprised.  I've got no problem with people like that.  None at all.</p>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

This</p>

</p>

Well said.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<div>

</p>

</p>

As far as general asshat behavior:  deliberately not waiting for whistles, talking on phones, falling down drunk, yelling "shoot!" or "Detroit Sucks!" for no reason, well.....those people are just douchebags, whether they're bandwaggoners or not.  Their kind transcends any race, sex, religion or creed and we will unfortunately encounter them in all aspects of our lives.  I share all of the veteran fans' sentiment on this board that humanity would improve if we could somehow wipe them from existence. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Let's start working on the death ray.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="204885" data-time="1373000036">
<div>

Let's start working on the death ray.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Would that work on Assholes like Chet Coppock too?</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="204886" data-time="1373000196">
<div>

Would that work on Assholes like Chet Coppock too?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

your dime your dance floor</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="204919" data-time="1373037835">
<div>

More like my quarter now.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Is that after the Cap goes up next season?</p>