Bears All-22 coaches film

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all for anything that will help shift the blame away from Mitch!

It's not about shifting blame. I don't have a dog in this iteration of the forum QB war. I'm more than willing to let the film be the judge. From what I've watched so far I'm not ready to bury the kid. We'll see how the 2nd half looks...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Said fuck it and bought NFL Game Pass for the lulz and now have access to the all-22.

Figure if enough people are interested I can steam it on Twitch and let you assholes in on the fun.

If nothing else it should prove useful for shutting down the dumb hot takes floating around here.

Speaking of which, just finished watching Mitch's first half vs GB... interesting stuff. The Mitch haters might want to slow their roll. Nagy doing him no favors so far. GB is all over his scheme and play calls. Not seeing many open receivers. Daniels, Long, and Whitehair getting clowned isn't helping matters either. So far I'd say the biggest disappointment is Nagy. He's getting completely out coached and his entire unit looks sloppy and ill prepared.

Curious to see how the 2nd half looks tomorrow... likely more of the same but we'll see.

Regardless, let me know if there's any interest.

I have to disagree. Just on the first drive alone, Mitch stares down where he is going with the ball and it gets knocked down at LoS, he misses Cohen and throws out of bounds and he keeps the ball instead of handing off to Gabriel because of 91 but 91 was actually not going to tackle Gabs.

Nagy and OL were also shit but Trubs is simply not decisive with the ball. Takes too long to realize when something is there like with the Cohen missed pass.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I have to disagree. Just on the first drive alone, Mitch stares down where he is going with the ball and it gets knocked down at LoS, he misses Cohen and throws out of bounds and he keeps the ball instead of handing off to Gabriel because of 91 but 91 was actually not going to tackle Gabs.

He is simple not decisive with the ball. Takes to long to realize when something is there like with the Cohen missed pass.

That's my memory too. Join the stream when Broc posts it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Burton being a fabergé egg both physically and mentally has exposed a significant problem. It's pretty apparent the lack of any sort of playmaker at the TE position really hamstrings Nagy's system. Shaheen is a complete stiff out there with stone hands to boot.
Imagine cutting Bunting when all you have is broken dick and Mr stuffy hips.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2nd drive, on the third and 5 at GB 21, he gets flushed out to his right and throws to Cohen for 1 yard.

However, at start of play the DTs actually don't rush meaning when he gets pressured from the outside, he actually had 2 OL in middle of field not blocking anyone. He could have easily stepped up into the pocket instead of getting flushed to his right which if he had, Gabriel is sitting in the zone waiting for a pass beyond the 1st down marker.

The dude literally runs in the only direction in which the LDE can disengage and pressure him. One of the free OL actually starts to help block the LDE so if he steps up the LDE has to fight through 2 blockers. Instead, he runs away from the blocking so the LDE simply disengages and chases him.

These are the little things he misses that cost points.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2nd drive, on the third and 5 at GB 21, he gets flushed out to his right and throws to Cohen for 1 yard.

However, at start of play the DTs actually don't rush meaning when he gets pressured from the outside, he actually had 2 OL in middle of field not blocking anyone. He could have easily stepped up into the pocket instead of getting flushed to his right which if he had, Gabriel is sitting in the zone waiting for a pass beyond the 1st down marker.

The dude literally runs in the only direction in which the LDE can disengage and pressure him. One of the free OL actually starts to help block the LDE so if he steps up the LDE has to fight through 2 blockers. Instead, he runs away from the blocking so the LDE simply disengages and chases him.

These are the little things he misses that cost points.

Stepping up would have been better but

1. It is far from a secure pocket as Massie also gets walked back.

2. Lets not ignore the fact that Leno gets worked in pass pro by Adrian Amos. If your LT is going to get run around by their safety the play is in trouble.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nagy and OL were also shit but Trubs is simply not decisive with the ball. Takes too long to realize when something is there like with the Cohen missed pass.

The throw is out as soon as the ball hits his hand it is a one read easy 1st down to Robinson. There is not time for him to stare anything down.

Good play by the OLB and bad job by the blocker to let him get off the ground.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stepping up would have been better but

1. It is far from a secure pocket as Massie also gets walked back.

2. Lets not ignore the fact that Leno gets worked in pass pro by Adrian Amos. If your LT is going to get run around by their safety the play is in trouble.
View attachment 2768

This is after he starts moving right. He could have steped up before that. Instead he is moving outside which lets the LDE disengage.

The play was not in trouble as outside defenders are rushing outside and upfield. Trubs simply has to recognize there is no DTs in middle and step up.

It keeps telling me my file size us too big so cant upload but check the angle where camera is behind Trubs and about a half second before your vid. There us a huge pocket to step up into and let the outside defenders rush by him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I have Game Pass too and i have to say it is worth the $99, especially for us out of town folks that only get the National Games.

Usually I will re-watch or watch for the first time on the condensed version, then go back and look at what ever I want to focus on with the all 22.

Hope the price does not go up, because those greedy fuck in the NFL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The throw is out as soon as the ball hits his hand it is a one read easy 1st down to Robinson. There is not time for him to stare anything down.

Good play by the OLB and bad job by the blocker to let him get off the ground.

View attachment 2769

On this play, Monty runs up to Trubs and it looks like Trubs is actually suppose to fake a run to him. He does not. Instead he immediately looks at Arob which makes it easy for the defender to block.

This is basically a one route play so there is no need to stare the guy down as ARob is basically the only place the ball can go. So to sell this, you should fake the hand-off to Monty and quickly look right before then turning left to throw. Really zero need to stare him down the whole time.

Again if you check the coach film from the angle behind Mitch you can see how Monty looks like is suppose to fake a handoff. Mitch is rushing through this read.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It seems to me even with the tape, people are gonna see what they want to see, like ‘staring down his receiver’ in the one hitch pass to AR that got knocked down.

Again go watch the angle from behind Mitch. Monty is trying to fake a handoff but it is useless because Mitch has already started his throwing motion. He is speeding through this play instead of taking the time to sell the fake to Monty then turning his eyes toward ARob.

I wish I could take photos but it keeps telling me my photos are too big.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
On this play, Monty runs up to Trubs and it looks like Trubs is actually suppose to fake a run to him. He does not. Instead he immediately looks at Arob which makes it easy for the defender to block.

This is basically a one route play so there is no need to stare the guy down as ARob is basically the only place the ball can go. So to sell this, you should fake the hand-off to Monty and quickly look right before then turning left to throw. Really zero need to stare him down the whole time.

Again if you check the coach film from the angle behind Mitch you can see how Monty looks like is suppose to fake a handoff. Mitch is rushing through this read.
Do you think the fake handoff would have done anything to slow the defensive end on the other side of the play?

All it would have done was give the CB more time to react to a four yard stop route.

The problem is with Leno here, and that's it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do you think the fake handoff would have done anything to slow the defensive end on the other side of the play?

All it would have done was give the CB more time to react to a four yard stop route.

The problem is with Leno here, and that's it.

The defender stops his rush precisely because Trubs is staring right at him and winding up to throw.

If Trubs had sold the fake handoff the defender likely continues his rush instead of stopping and dropping back.

Leno has no chance here as the defender disengages his rush.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The defender stops his rush precisely because Trubs is staring right at him and winding up to throw.

If Trubs had sold the fake handoff the defender likely continues his rush instead of stopping and dropping back.

Leno has no chance here as the defender disengages his rush.

Why would a defender continue his rush if he thought it was a running play to the other side of the field?

Leno should be showing pass block and cutting. It's really simple.

You can watch it right here, at 2:50 or so:

https://www.packers.com/video/film-breakdown-packers-defense-vs-bears-offense

Dude could easily tell by Leno's block it wasn't a run play too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The design is weird. You do not often run an RPO to the front side of the play because Preston Smith is being blocked into the passing lane.

I am not sure what Trubisky is suppose to do. Even if he looks away Smith is still being blocked right into the passing lane. Smith cant go anywhere.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would a defender continue his rush if he thought it was a running play to the other side of the field?

Leno should be showing pass block and cutting. It's really simple.

You can watch it right here, at 2:50 or so:

https://www.packers.com/video/film-breakdown-packers-defense-vs-bears-offense

Dude could easily tell by Leno's block it wasn't a run play too.

The fake is for an inside run not a run to the other side. There is no evidence that Leno is supposed to cut block here. Pass block you take a step back. On this play Leno steps out to engage which is a run block. The issue is the dude knows it is not a run so stops because he sees Trubisky who does not try and sell the fake.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Here is Massie not blocking Kenny Clark.

Mitch avoids it but throws a garbage pass to Patterson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The design is weird. You do not often run an RPO to the front side of the play because Preston Smith is being blocked into the passing lane.

I am not sure what Trubisky is suppose to do. Even if he looks away Smith is still being blocked right into the passing lane. Smith cant go anywhere.

Leno steps out as if it is a run block. Trubs is suppose to sell the RPO which along with Leno stepping out instead of back would have him thinking run. Instead Trubs doesnt even fake to Monty and is already staring at ARob and starting his throw as Monty is coming for the fake. Trubs rushed the play.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The fake is for an inside run not a run to the other side. There is no evidence that Leno is supposed to cut block here. Pass block you take a step back. On this play Leno steps out to engage which is a run block. The issue is the dude knows it is not a run so stops because he sees Trubisky who does try and sell the fake.

The end would have contain anyway, he's not coming up the field it that situation. He probably couldn't even see through Leno to the fake.

Again, there was nothing Mitch could do about this.