Bears All-22 coaches film

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again look at backside angle. At this point Mitch is suppose to be showing Smith the fake. This would not cause Smith to disengage. The issue is because instead of a fake he says a throwing motion, Smith disengages and moves further right into passing lane.

Are you telling me if Mitch fakes run that Smith still disengages and moves right into passing lane?

I am staying he is going to be standing there no matter what. He doesn't disengage and drop. He is engaged with Leno and jumps.

Mitch cannot complete the fake because he has the 3rd down conversion if he throws quickly before the CB breaks.

If he completes the fake the CB is going to charge on Robinson.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
View attachment 2774

This is the 2nd step of the play.

This looks like zone left.

Preston Smith is playing the run, he has contain, and he is always going to stay outside of Leno because he has contain and there is no one outside of him.

Selling the fake would do nothing to Smith's responsibility.

Throwing the ball to the playside of a play action zone is weird as Smith is suppose to set the edge against Leno and is going to be sitting in the throwing lane.
What's even more odd is the Bears have decent leverage up top on the bubble and Mitch throws it to the 1 v 2(A-Rob vs CB and safety over the top) action side to Robinson. I feel like Mitch pre-programmed this read and didn't really read the backside safety presnap all that well. Honestly though, this feels like a tremendous concept and execution by GB here as well as Pettine ate Nagy's lunch all day. Went wide contain in what he may have guessed was a traditional Nagy RPO situation and the Bears didn't get out of the play and had to run the play into less than advantageous numbers to either side of the field.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is the play where he runs to his right instead of steping inside pocket.

He needs to throw the ball right now to Cohen.

The problem is that the 1st read is Miller running the wheel route around Robinson.

If he steps up he actually makes his throwing angle worse.

He needs to get to Cohen sooner, his positioning is fine for where he has to read and go with the ball. Leno getting wored by a safety is inexcusable.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's even more odd is the Bears have decent leverage up top on the bubble and Mitch throws it to the 1 v 2(A-Rob vs CB and safety over the top) action side to Robinson. I feel like Mitch pre-programmed this read and didn't really read the backside safety presnap all that well. Honestly though, this feels like a tremendous concept and execution by GB here as well as Pettine ate Nagy's lunch all day. Went wide contain in what he may have guessed was a traditional Nagy RPO situation and the Bears didn't get out of the play and had to run the play into less than advantageous numbers to either side of the field.

It is a nice play by Preston Smith.

Most of the time when a DE is being attacked in the run game by the OT he is going to get his hands buried into the OT to maintain outside leverage. Smith does a nice job of getting his hands up.

Really Leno should be keeping his hands down and tying him up a little more.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay, lets reload. 2nd play of the 2nd half.

Leno walked back right into Mitch's lap, bu wait it gets better.

Whitehair gets beat late and gets Mitch crushed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
View attachment 2775

He needs to throw the ball right now to Cohen.

The problem is that the 1st read is Miller running the wheel route around Robinson.

If he steps up he actually makes his throwing angle worse.

He needs to get to Cohen sooner, his positioning is fine for where he has to read and go with the ball. Leno getting wored by a safety is inexcusable.

No if he steps up Gabs ends up open in middle of field as defender 24 follows TE 82.

In my screenshot Gabs hasnt settled into his spot yet. This is another one where he rushes the play.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They ALL sucked this week. You really don't need to dig deep to figure that out. The thing about great QB's is they find a way even if everyone else plays like shit. I've yet to see that from Mitch.

Oh, I don't disagree. I just don't want people to put the entire fault (or praise when we win) on the shoulders of the QB. Especially when the QB wasn't the worst thing out there. Our head coach was.

And yeah, I have yet to see Trubisky just go against all odds and put the team on his shoulders. And as great as that sounds, if he did that, I'd still be concerned about all the reasons that he was forced to do that. I want a balanced offense, where we minimize all of our mistakes, from coach to player. And when a player or a position is exposed as a source of weakness, we need to adjust to mitigate and compensate for that weakness. Nagy did nothing of the sort on Thursday.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No if he steps up Gabs ends up open in middle of field as defender 24 follows TE 82.

In my screenshot Gabs hasnt settled into his spot yet. This is another one where he rushes the play.

I am saying on that play Gabriel is the 5th read. No one is getting back to him. He is there if the play totally breaks down.

The wheel is 1, that takes a long time to develop.

Cohen is 2.

Braunecker coming across is 3.

Robinson on the sit that the wheel is running off of is probably the emergency 4

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm so tired of hearing this. No one "hates" dear sweet Mitchell. Literally everyone thinks he's a nice guy, wants him to play great, and take the Bears to a SB victory.

Perhaps "haters" isn't the right word... Let me rephrase: people with an agenda.

Seems certain people are still butt hurt that we didn't take "their guy" in the 2017 draft and have an axe to grind.

Personally I didn't have a "guy" in the 2017 draft so I'm pretty neutral on Mitch. As I said, I'm perfectly happy to let the game film be the judge. If it confirms what the "haters" are saying so be it. But from what I've watched so far he's clearly not the sole contributing factor for the poor offensive showing last Thursday.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
People here are biased against Mitch as a player. The game wasn't THAT bad overall, but even if it was, it was ONE GAME.

When Nagy settles into calling games properly let's see what Mitch has got. If it's not any better than last year we can say case closed on him.

If you disagree with ^ that then you're either still mad about the loss, or you're just biased against Trubs.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Perhaps "haters" isn't the right word... Let me rephrase: people with an agenda.

Seems certain people are still butt hurt that we didn't take "their guy" in the 2017 draft and have an axe to grind.

Personally I didn't have a "guy" in the 2017 draft so I'm pretty neutral on Mitch. As I said, I'm perfectly happy to let the game film be the judge. If it confirms what the "haters" are saying so be it. But from what I've watched so far he's clearly not the sole contributing factor for the poor offensive showing last Thursday.
People on here absolutely have an agenda about Mitch being the Bears' qb.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People on here absolutely have an agenda about Mitch being the Bears' qb.

He hasn't been good enough. The progress has been exceptionally slow and the good plays/games are not frequent enough.

I have serious questions about how good he is going to get.

But to ignore the pitiful play of the OL on Thursday is unfair to a honest assessment of him. They were 10x worse than I was expecting it to be.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
He hasn't been good enough. The progress has been exceptionally slow and the good plays/games are not frequent enough.

I have serious questions about how good he is going to get.

But to ignore the pitiful play of the OL on Thursday is unfair to a honest assessment of him. They were 10x worse than I was expecting it to be.
Was his 2nd season bad? He had several good games that year, and he was far better than his rookie season. Yes he was inconsistent, but isn't that to be expected from a young QB being in a new system?

All I'm saying is give him this season. That's it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was his 2nd season bad? He had several good games that year, and he was far better than his rookie season. Yes he was inconsistent, but isn't that to be expected from a young QB being in a new system?

All I'm saying is give him this season. That's it.
The #trends were/are bad.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Nagys play calling was for me the biggest issue. I like his gimmick plays here and there but he needs to play to mitchs strengths and not his offense. Let mitch throw the ball on the move and pound the ground with our 3 running backs.