Bears All-22 coaches film

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am saying on that play Gabriel is the 5th read. No one is getting back to him. He is there if the play totally breaks down.

The wheel is 1, that takes a long time to develop.

Cohen is 2.

Braunecker coming across is 3.

Robinson on the sit that the wheel is running off of is probably the emergency 4

His dumb roll-out makes Cohen and his 1 yard route the only viable option whereas if he stepped up, he would have several options available to him. In this image below 24 follows the TE so if Mitch had stepped up Gabs would have been in his direct line of sight WIDE OPEN. The only reason Mitch doesnt see him is because instead of stepping up into a clean pocket and letting the outside rushers overextend, he rolls out away from the clean pocket allowing both outside rushers to put pressure on him.

Any coach would teach in this situation to step up because the middle pocket was clean. It is like he does not realize that outside rushers can be neutralized by stepping up.

Attachments

• IMG-20190909-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190909-WA0013.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1568065759343.jpg
    1568065759343.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 10

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is a nice play by Preston Smith.

Most of the time when a DE is being attacked in the run game by the OT he is going to get his hands buried into the OT to maintain outside leverage. Smith does a nice job of getting his hands up.

Really Leno should be keeping his hands down and tying him up a little more.

Smith does not get his hands buried because he can already see Mitch is throwing. The point of the fake was to get Smith to freeze. Instead in the images below Mitch fails to execute the fake, Smith can see he is starting to throw she he moves away from Leno and gets his hand up. If Mitch executes fake, Smith isn't as quick to disengage. Moving away from the blocker on a inside run is not normal. Smith moves away because Mitch blows off selling the fake handoff.

Attachments

• 1568066738900.jpg
    1568066738900.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1568066738467.jpg
    1568066738467.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 7

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay, lets reload. 2nd play of the 2nd half.

View attachment 2777

Leno walked back right into Mitch's lap, bu wait it gets better.

View attachment 2778

Whitehair gets beat late and gets Mitch crushed.

Zero pocket awareness. Left side is getting pressured. Right side Massie has his guy and Long is actually free and can lead him through wide open space. Can drive a truck through hole on right side.

Instead he waits and waits until pocket collapses. One of the problems is Mitch isnt running as much post shoulder injury. Pre injury he sees that hole and takes off. Now he is sitting there trying to be a classic passer.

Unlike what Tramon said, they didnt make Trubs a passer. Trubs handcuffed himself. Trubs is at his best when defenses need to worry about the run and pass. On Thursday, he missed several opportunities to run.

Attachments

• 1568067382172.jpg
    1568067382172.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 1568067537235.jpg
    1568067537235.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I didn't need the all-22 film to see that, but it's always good to have it confirmed. I guess we'll see if Nagy is a creative offensive guy, or just another one trick pony married to a set in stone scheme...
He is creative no doubt, but I can seem him overdoing it this week in trying to outguess and fool Fangio.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So what I’m getting from this thread is Mitch still sucks but the loss and offense shitting itself on Thursday was mainly on Nagy and the OL? I’m not gonna pretend to know what I’m talking about with X’s and O’s like SOME PEOPLE (i wonder who) in this thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People here are biased against Mitch as a player. The game wasn't THAT bad overall, but even if it was, it was ONE GAME.

When Nagy settles into calling games properly let's see what Mitch has got. If it's not any better than last year we can say case closed on him.

If you disagree with ^ that then you're either still mad about the loss, or you're just biased against Trubs.

Problem is no hint of progress. He looks for his 1st read and is generally lost if it is covered. At least last night. But of course it is just one game.

How do you miss a guy wide open like below? Because you staring at just one WR who happens to be covered.1568068801920.jpg

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Problem is no hint of progress. He looks for his 1st read and is generally lost if it is covered. At least last night. But of course it is just one game.

How do you miss a guy wide open like below? Because you staring at just one WR who happens to be covered.View attachment 2786
That’s a pretty shitty pocket. Probably just had to get the ball out.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He is creative no doubt, but I can seem him overdoing it this week in trying to outguess and fool Fangio.
I'm not talking creative as in having guys like Hicks on the field for offense. I'm talking being able to scheme to his players strengths and get people open creatively, without the need of cheap gadget plays...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Near interception where he escapes pressure but decides to throw across his body because he locks onto Patterson and does see ARob coming free on what would be much easier pass.1568069135849.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller comes open over middle but locks onto ARob for incomplete pass. I can do this all day. Dude was one read mitch in this game.
1568069832178.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gabs about to be wide open over middle if Mitch anticipates. Nope One Read Mitch locks on to underneath guy and Cohen makes tough catch. Meanwhile Gabs is like WTF, I am wide open. This is still the 1st half guys.

Watching this is depressing. Obviously not showing all the shitty OL plays as we agree they sucked. But even when Mitch had time he routinely made wrong decision with the ball.

1568070193105.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh, I don't disagree. I just don't want people to put the entire fault (or praise when we win) on the shoulders of the QB. Especially when the QB wasn't the worst thing out there. Our head coach was.

And yeah, I have yet to see Trubisky just go against all odds and put the team on his shoulders. And as great as that sounds, if he did that, I'd still be concerned about all the reasons that he was forced to do that. I want a balanced offense, where we minimize all of our mistakes, from coach to player. And when a player or a position is exposed as a source of weakness, we need to adjust to mitigate and compensate for that weakness. Nagy did nothing of the sort on Thursday.

I Think in the 4th quarter, especially the last drive, Mitch put the team on his shoulders and them in the position to win. But then double doink.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I sincerely hope this was just a brain fart of a game but Mitch did not look like he had command of the offense. We probably could have still one if the OL was better or Nagy was stupid in terms of calling only 12 rushes but that is more a testament to our D keeping us in it and not Mitch.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

How do you miss a guy wide open like below? Because you staring at just one WR who happens to be covered.View attachment 2786
He definitely showed progress last season. Do people not remember the first 3 games of last season? He was bad in all 3 of them. After that he came on strong though, and there are several games in which he played at a high level (Tampa Bay, 2nd Lions game, 2nd Packers game, 2nd Vikings game, San Francisco), and then there were other games in which he was solid. Whether he progresses this year remains to be seen.

Everybody should just give him this season. The amount of Trubisky sucks threads after one game is bordering on hysteria. I know it's unlikely against a D like the Broncos, but what will be said if Trubisky goes for 300 yards and 3 TDs next week? Is he back to being a promising QB? Does he all of the sudden not suck anymore? It's ridiculous.

And I don't even think Trubisky will ever be a very good QB. I think he can be good though, but even if he is good I'm not sure he'll ever get the credit he deserves on here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He definitely showed progress last season. Do people not remember the first 3 games of last season? He was bad in all 3 of them. After that he came on strong though, and there are several games in which he played at a high level (Tampa Bay, 2nd Lions game, 2nd Packers game, 2nd Vikings game, San Francisco), and then there were other games in which he was solid. Whether he progresses this year remains to be seen.

Everybody should just give him this season. The amount of Trubisky sucks threads after one game is bordering on hysteria. I know it's unlikely against a D like the Broncos, but what will be said if Trubisky goes for 300 yards and 3 TDs next week? Is he back to being a promising QB? Does he all of the sudden not suck anymore? It's ridiculous.

And I don't even think Trubisky will ever be a very good QB. I think he can be good though, but even if he is good I'm not sure he'll ever get the credit he deserves on here.

I am not disputing his progress last season. I am saying none of that was on display on Thursday. Like last year, I am simply critiquing the games as I go. I make no claims about the rest of the season. I am simply saying he sucked Thursday and let's not try and pretend he did not suck just because Nagy and the OL also sucked.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I am not disputing his progress last season. I am saying none of that was on display on Thursday. Like last year, I am simply critiquing the games as I go. I make no claims about the rest of the season. I am simply saying he sucked Thursday and let's not try and pretend he did not suck just because Nagy and the OL also sucked.
I didn't say he wasn't bad. I also wasn't directing the post at you, just at the hysteria on the board.