Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I heard the deal is done, but the details will be released on Monday (after the SB).

The Cohen IG stuff is interesting. With Scott on the roster seems really redundant, so not sure why he'd be included? If it's a cap dump by the Bears (like Fokes) wouldn't that mean the Bears would be giving more?

Anyway, we'll see.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just please don’t be our 2022 1st that’s going to be top 5-10 with this schedule. Plus I want our new GM to have all his picks. If this is what Pace wants to do with his last 1st then so be it. Yes it will be his last.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They are probably going to restructure to make room this year, tying them to Wentz through 2023 (if this happens).

Just take 14m of 2021 salary and convert into SB. He gets paid upfront and that would mean 2021 cap goes from 25.4m to 14.9m.

If you wanted to cut him before 2023, it would cost 7m.

mbison

Liked Posts:
I keep seeing people hype up Wentz's TD:INT ratio while trying to rationalize why the Bears should even consider trading for this brokeback dude, but TD:INT ratio doesn't factor in fumbles. I looked up Wentz's stats and to my surprise, he has 58 fumbles in 5 years. Here are his fumbles every season:

2016: 14
2017: 9
2018: 9
2019: 16
2020: 10

29 Lost Fumbles, 58 Total Fumbles

Wentz is the Jameis Winston of fumbles, and Winston is glued to a bench in NO yet Im hearing that my team wants to trade for him? And yet people are still trying to talk themselves into reasons why they'd accept this dude on our team saying things like, "I wouldnt give up a 1st but Ill give up such and such for him". How about, "DONT TRADE FOR THIS BUM AT ALL!!!!". Why on earth would you want a fumbler like Wentz behind an offensive line that is already subpar? If he wasn't a first round number 2 overall pick, I dont know even know if he'd be getting ANY interest. The league loves recycling high draft bums or dudes with "potential" even after crashing and burning. Then on top of that he's a cancer who got his coach fired, changed plays in the huddle, pouted when Hurts started over him, and Philly looked better every time Foles played. "Culture"

Who do you recommend we have at QB next year? Watson isn’t coming to Chicago so you can scratch that. Wentz is the best option for what’s available to us right now. Franchise QBs don’t fall from the sky

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I heard the deal is done, but the details will be released on Monday (after the SB).

The Cohen IG stuff is interesting. With Scott on the roster seems really redundant, so not sure why he'd be included? If it's a cap dump by the Bears (like Fokes) wouldn't that mean the Bears would be giving more?

Anyway, we'll see.
Cohen is not in any deal. He cleared his instagram a month ago and just said the rumors are BS about him.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Anyway, we'll see.
Philly really wants to get rid of Wentz because he is being a bitch. Problem is Philly scared off Colts because Philly asked for 2 1sts. Ballard is actually a competent GM and said Fuck that. Now Pace is going to overpay but not 2 1sts. Pace now wants to rid of bad contracts if he can.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Just take 14m of 2021 salary and convert ibto SB. He gets paid upfront and that would mean 2021 cap goes from 25.4m to 14.9m.

If you wanted to cur him before 2023, it would cost 7m.
I think they will probably need more space than that this year. It's not a killer but I expect about $10mil on a signing bonus in 2023.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t know anyone who wants Wentz so not sure what this is about. This is a desperate GM and HC tossing a Hail Mary hoping to save their jobs. They should have been fired, but we have cheap ass owners who didn’t want to pay up.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Rise

Liked Posts:
Who do you recommend we have at QB next year? Watson isn’t coming to Chicago so you can scratch that. Wentz is the best option for what’s available to us right now. Franchise QBs don’t fall from the sky

Ok guess here’s one. Wentz isn’t a franchise QB, he is broken. This is the last place he needs to go. Do you really think Da Bears are the organization to turn him around?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cohen is not in any deal. He cleared his instagram a month ago and just said the rumors are BS about him.
Thanks. Don't follow him, so didn't understand what was going on there.