Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I heard the deal is done, but the details will be released on Monday (after the SB).

The Cohen IG stuff is interesting. With Scott on the roster seems really redundant, so not sure why he'd be included? If it's a cap dump by the Bears (like Fokes) wouldn't that mean the Bears would be giving more?

Anyway, we'll see.

I thought I read the Eagles loved Cohen and were going to draft him in 2017. Maybe Howie still has a flame for him.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who would rather just let Foles play with an improved oline? If my choice is Foles a 1st round ot vs Wentz I’d prefer Foles. He struggled last year because he had no protection and he played a ton of top 10 defenses.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Ok guess here’s one. Wentz isn’t a franchise QB, he is broken. This is the last place he needs to go. Do you really think Da Bears are the organization to turn him around?
Well Nagy/Pace seem to think so. A desperate move for sure.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I thought I read the Eagles loved Cohen and were going to draft him in 2017. Maybe Howie still has a flame for him.
Joe Douglas was running that draft. Actually looking back not many coaches/front office are still there and not sure if Cohen's career has elevated his stock much.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they will probably need more space than that this year. It's not a killer but I expect about $10mil on a signing bonus in 2023.

Well after that the only way you can lower it further would be to convert the 10m roster bonus into a SB as well.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Am I the only one who would rather just let Foles play with an improved oline? If my choice is Foles a 1st round ot vs Wentz I’d prefer Foles. He struggled last year because he had no protection and he played a ton of top 10 defenses.

If Pace and Nagy had leeway, that would be an option but they don't. They have to make a splash and try something different.

Is Wentz better than a QB we can grab at 20? Thats the question

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The problem is he is still playing for same HC. Nick said in an interview that he knew he will be running failed plays. Do you think Nagy forgot about that? Nagy is an asshole, he plays are the best. Because of that mentality, there was no way Nick will be starting for the Bears.

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Wentz is supremely talented. If the change of scenery gets him back on track this could be a steal.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wentz is supremely talented. If the change of scenery gets him back on track this could be a steal.

If he plays anywhere near his pre 2020 level, definitely a steal. But we have to have faith that Nagy will put him in a good situation cause if not..

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shut up pegger. Lol Chicago is just mid west philly

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Bears fans could eagerly use the Awful Quarterback Excuse Flow Chart on Mitch for 3 years (longer for some...) then Carson should get at least a few games.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wentz is mentally fucked up right now. I don't think the bears coaching is able to fix him. Frank Reich and Colts maybe.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Don't worry. According to Max Kellerman, we'll be getting Philly's 1st rounder to take on Wentz's contract. BIG BRANE PACE DOES IT AGAIN!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Better than giving up multiple picks. A back up QB, back up RB and a 1st (which tbh bears aren't drafting a QB at 20 that would be better than Wentz). I hope Pace pulls something like the Mack trade and gets a late round pick back.

Not horrible overall, but just not that excited about Wentz.
This.
People would be happy drafting Mac Jones at #20. Wentz is better than that, though salary is a major difference.

I am not happy to see Cohen going, but I certainly wouldn't kill the deal over it.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cohen isn't expensive but still a contract that shouldn't have been given

:kanye:

mecha

Liked Posts:
dude seriously, you already have Foles. JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT AND DRAFT THE REPLACEMENT. my god

what a waste of resources. and time.