CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Cohen just wiped his Instagram. Deleted every single post except one of his girl in a pool. Musta just got the call from his agent
Saw that, it is looking like it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No doubt. I personally think they can use their resources better but this has a fair chance of working out.

I mean my option A was blow the whole thing up and start over.... so if it doesn’t work then this is Paces last stand and they start over next year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not buying this until Pace announces it. At which point I hope some of those capital rioters storm Halas Hall.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I mean my option A was blow the whole thing up and start over.... so if it doesn’t work then this is Paces last stand and they start over next year.
Me too. Would rather start over not tied to a QB not on a rookie deal but that's the price you pay for keeping Pace.

Southside

Liked Posts:
I keep seeing people hype up Wentz's TD:INT ratio while trying to rationalize why the Bears should even consider trading for this brokeback dude, but TD:INT ratio doesn't factor in fumbles. I looked up Wentz's stats and to my surprise, he has 58 fumbles in 5 years. Here are his fumbles every season:

2016: 14
2017: 9
2018: 9
2019: 16
2020: 10

29 Lost Fumbles, 58 Total Fumbles

Wentz is the Jameis Winston of fumbles, and Winston is glued to a bench in NO yet Im hearing that my team wants to trade for him? And yet people are still trying to talk themselves into reasons why they'd accept this dude on our team saying things like, "I wouldnt give up a 1st but Ill give up such and such for him". How about, "DONT TRADE FOR THIS BUM AT ALL!!!!". Why on earth would you want a fumbler like Wentz behind an offensive line that is already subpar? If he wasn't a first round number 2 overall pick, I dont know even know if he'd be getting ANY interest. The league loves recycling high draft bums or dudes with "potential" even after crashing and burning. Then on top of that he's a cancer who got his coach fired, changed plays in the huddle, pouted when Hurts started over him, and Philly looked better every time Foles played. "Culture"

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lets go I have my frozen eggs ready by Monday morning. Im throwing them at Pace and George McCaskey. God when will Virginia die, and the McCaskey clan sells the Bears to a real owner

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cohen is coming off an ACL, Foles sucks and apparently Wentz’s contract is going to be restructured. Pace fucked the franchise hard when he fell in love with Trubisky.

Wentz was an animal in 2017. Hopefully, a change of scenery is what he needs. Oh and FUCK!

mecha

Liked Posts:
wasn't the same player again since knee injury. Eagles don't win Super Bowl with him I would venture. the Bears already have Foles, I don't understand why the sum of CCS was beating off to college prospects a month ago and went full tilt on trading for some other team's player for stupid amounts of whatever after the regular season ended. I should honestly say the beating off was during the Bears losing streak, with the hopes they lose out on the season... not actually win some games and ruin draft position.

2021 Bears aren't winning anything. rock it with Foles and sit the draft QB. they tank the season, Nagy's gone and the Bears organization can find all new yes men to replace him and Pace.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
If it ends up being our first, Foles, and Cohen (coming off an ACL tear) I am fine with that. Wentz is probably the best realistic option available to us. He has tons of talent so maybe it works out. If not we fire everyone draft his replacement next year and cut him after 2022 when his guaranteed money is up. If he turn back into the old version then we got a steal. Let’s see I guess. Pace Sucks in the first rd anyway.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If it ends up being our first, Foles, and Cohen (coming off an ACL tear) I am fine with that. Wentz is probably the best realistic option available to us. He has tons of talent so maybe it works out. If not we fire everyone draft his replacement next year and cut him after 2022 when his guaranteed money is up. If he turn back into the old version then we got a steal. Let’s see I guess. Pace Sucks in the first rd anyway.
They are probably going to restructure to make room this year, tying them to Wentz through 2023 (if this happens).

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wentz contract really isnt an issue.

Wentz being fucking terrible in 2020 is the issue.

To be fair, did you see him play at all? His OL was literally 5 turnstiles because of all the injuries. Their OL was worse than ours. It might have been the worst OL I've ever seen.