Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Someone must have Pace locked up, because you damn well know his ass would be trading the farm
I think what Pace is offering only matters in terms of creating leverage against the Colts because that's where Wentz wants to go. Colts are dug in and don't really care what the Bears are offering, so Roseman (Eagles GM) is stuck looking at a deal he wants with Bears, but will end up settling for the deal the Colts are offering. His frustration is seeing that gap and knowing he can't do anything about it.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what Pace is offering only matters in terms of creating leverage against the Colts because that's where Wentz wants to go. Colts are dug in and don't really care what the Bears are offering, so Roseman (Eagles GM) is stuck looking at a deal he wants with Bears, but will end up settling for the deal the Colts are offering. His frustration is seeing that gap and knowing he can't do anything about it.
I dont get this. Does Wentz have a no trade clause? If not why wouldnt they just trade him for the best deal?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I dont get this. Does Wentz have a no trade clause? If not why wouldnt they just trade him for the best deal?
If he doesn't show for the Bears or demands a trade right after the Eagles-Bears trade is off. Sure the Eagles can sue to get back his signing bonus, but it's still a lost asset at that point.

The cleanest path is to get the player in the location he wants for the highest price.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
If he doesn't show for the Bears or demands a trade right after the Eagles-Bears trade is off. Sure the Eagles can sue to get back his signing bonus, but it's still a lost asset at that point.

The cleanest path is to get the player in the location he wants for the highest price.
I'd actually prefer he goes to the Colts, but this seems improbable. I can't see him demanding a trade to one team only, and he's asking out from the Eagles, they have no obligation to accommodate. They need to do what's best for the team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Even though it’s just a rumor, it’s believable. The Colts make sense for him since he has a better relationship with Reich and they are a better team. He shouldn’t have any interest going to the Bears, especially if Foles is not part of a deal.

He probably sees the colts oline, and then sees the bears.

I'm sure watching Leno Jr try to block the blindside gives him traumatic flashbacks to this past season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It looks like the colts have the top offer for wentz now. Two number twos and a later round pick like a fourth or fifth but that's as high as the colts are willing to go.

I think the Bears are looking elsewhere now

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It looks like the colts have the top offer for wentz now. Two number twos and a later round pick like a fourth or fifth but that's as high as the colts are willing to go.

I think the Bears are looking elsewhere now

Do you have a source amigo?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The NFL is a classic over-reaction league. Based on the success of Brady (a generational talent), all of the teams without a "franchise" QB are scurrying to get one, and some are likely more than willing to trade their souls to do so. Will be a blast to watch all the dolts that give up 1st round / and or multiple picks for C-list QBs due to desperation and herd mentality.

Hopefully Pace is smarter than the average Bear. Call him Yogi.

View attachment 10322
Herd mentality of acquiring a franchise QB? Last I checked, the only teams winning SBs are teams with franchise QBs. It should be the only goal of a team every offseason. You aren't winning any meaningful games without one.

Now if you want to debate if Wentz is a franchise QB, that's fair. Besides his last season though, you can certainly make the argument that he is one tho

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He probably sees the colts oline, and then sees the bears.

I'm sure watching Leno Jr try to block the blindside gives him traumatic flashbacks to this past season.
If the Bears put their new quarterback, no matter who it is, behind Charles Leno Jr. and Bobbie Massie the results will be catastrophic. Part 1a and 1b of the plan once this quarterback shit is settled has to be right and left tackle, having either of those players as the week one starter is totally unacceptable.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears put their new quarterback, no matter who it is, behind Charles Leno Jr. and Bobbie Massie the results will be catastrophic. Part 1a and 1b of the plan once this quarterback shit is settled has to be right and left tackle, having either of those players as the week one starter is totally unacceptable.
the good news is both positions are a place where the Bears can have decent cap savings by cutting who is currently there, which makes the potential upgrade of both very likely.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the good news is both positions are a place where the Bears can have decent cap savings by cutting who is currently there, which makes the potential upgrade of both very likely.
No way. Massie is gone. Leno will be starting LT next year. Book it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No way. Massie is gone. Leno will be starting LT next year. Book it.
Yup. Pretty tough to replace both tackles in one offseason. They need to bring back Ifedi as depth/fringe starter. And draft a T early in the draft. I'd prefer a LT, but could see them going with a RT. Then you have Leno and Rookie/Ifedi at RT. If they go LT, it could be Rookie at LT, Ifedi at RT and Leno as a swing tackle for a year.

Massie is gone. And Leno is very average, but he played better down the stretch once the interior got set. He's also been reliable in terms of health over the years.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup. Pretty tough to replace both tackles in one offseason. They need to bring back Ifedi as depth/fringe starter. And draft a T early in the draft. I'd prefer a LT, but could see them going with a RT. Then you have Leno and Rookie/Ifedi at RT. If they go LT, it could be Rookie at LT, Ifedi at RT and Leno as a swing tackle for a year.

Massie is gone. And Leno is very average, but he played better down the stretch once the interior got set. He's also been reliable in terms of health over the years.
Leno graded out as a 75 on PPF last year. I was told by @remydat that is a “good starter”.

FWIW he was a 78 in 2018 and a 58 in 2019.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Please let Wentz go to the Colts then Luck comes out of retirement and traded to the Bears.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Leno graded out as a 75 on PPF last year. I was told by @remydat that is a “good starter”.

FWIW he was a 78 in 2018 and a 58 in 2019.
How does a 75 stack up with the other 31 NFL starters?

Idk anything about PFF, never looked at it.