Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Did Pace bite? Is Wentz on the Bears? I missed that news.

LMK when Ballard wins something.

I gave Ballard one compliment and you’re losing your mind. Seek help. “LMK” when Pace win something as well.

Pace has a history of being impatient and making stupid unnecessary trades. That’s why I don’t give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s not rocket science.

I am no huge Ballard fan in fact I think he is to conservative. Overpaying is not something he does consistently.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Of course you would cause this board praises Chris Ballard like he has won 3 super bowls in a row.

I think it's mostly just been leaked rumors by the Eagles.
I do think Ballard is a good GM, but let's not forget he's got a championship caliber roster who's currently trying to win that championship with 2019 4th rounder Jacob Eason....

The year before he brought in a washed Philip Rivers while Jacoby Brissett took up ~$21M of cap space...

They were out of the Stafford talks because it went past his budgeted price. He appears to be taking the same stance with Wentz.

At the end of the day with all the cap space he's got if his team keeps falling short of really contending because it lacks talent at the most important position in football all these 'winning' negotiations will look like losses.

Bucs add Brady, then win a championship.
Chiefs draft Mahomes, then win a championship.
Pats without Brady aren't that great.

QB is an important position. If he wants to go bargain bin hunting with that position then he'll get bargain bin production.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I'm just saying, wouldn't his trade value go up if the Eagles eat the $10M roster bonus? The receiving team would essentially have that first year at ~$15M.

The only reason why I say this is many think that roster bonus is a deadline. I see it as a reason to get it done before, but there might be teams willing to offer more after that date.
there is no way this trade happens if its after the 10 mil roster bonus. I think thats pretty much a given

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just a thought. Would you guys be interested in LT Andre Dillard? Eagles drafted him with the 22 overall pick in 2019. He tore his ACL in training camp and never played, but did a bit as a rookie and was okay. Got 2 years left on his rookie deal (~$3M/season) and I couldn't see why he's not good to go.

The reason I mention this is because the Eagles have some depth at tackle. Jordan Mailata seems to be panning out at LT and Lane Johnson is the RT. There was some chatter going into this season on how he'd take over for future HOFer Jason Peters. Some local media seem already soured on him because he was moody after a game in which he played RT on the fly and didn't do great. His injury essentially derailed all that talk, but it was a talking point leading up to the season.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Just a thought. Would you guys be interested in LT Andre Dillard? Eagles drafted him with the 22 overall pick in 2019. He tore his ACL in training camp and never played, but did a bit as a rookie and was okay. Got 2 years left on his rookie deal (~$3M/season) and I couldn't see why he's not good to go.

The reason I mention this is because the Eagles have some depth at tackle. Jordan Mailata seems to be panning out at LT and Lane Johnson is the RT. There was some chatter going into this season on how he'd take over for future HOFer Jason Peters. His injury essentially derailed all that talk.
Yes.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I find it fascinating that for how much everyone hates Wentz and have zero interest in the Bears trading for him that this discussion is currently at 66 pages.
My guess is a lot of people actually realize he is probably our best option if we can get him at a realistic price

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
there is no way this trade happens if its after the 10 mil roster bonus. I think thats pretty much a given
Why not? If it costs the Eagles $10M, but they get something like a 2nd rounder in exchange maybe it's something they would be willing to do?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why not? If it costs the Eagles $10M, but they get something like a 2nd rounder in exchange maybe it's something they would be willing to do?
It's a ton of $ for a strapped team for that return.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I find it fascinating that for how much everyone hates Wentz and have zero interest in the Bears trading for him that this discussion is currently at 66 pages.
Fans here are terrified what Pace would give up to get Wentz. I prefer Mac Jones from 2021 draft because it would cost the least in draft picks and/or Bears players. Pace can fuck up this franchise for a while if he gives up a lot for the wrong QB. Like Mitch Trubs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

The reason I mention this is because the Eagles have some depth at tackle. Jordan Mailata seems to be panning out at LT and Lane Johnson is the RT. There was some chatter going into this season on how he'd take over for future HOFer Jason Peters. Some local media seem already soured on him because he was moody after a game in which he played RT on the fly and didn't do great. His injury essentially derailed all that talk, but it was a talking point leading up to the season.

I'd definitely take Dillard. Worst case scenario, he's a swing tackle that's cheap and has potential to start. Best case, he allows the Bears to cut Leno AND Massie if they can draft a starting tackle. I wouldn't give up 2 firsts to have him thrown in, but definitely would be interested in him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My guess is a lot of people actually realize he is probably our best option if we can get him at a realistic price
The intriguing thing about Wentz is that his price is so uncertain and his appeal is hugely contingent his price. Wentz costing a first round pick plus? Obvious boondoggle doomed to failure. Wentz costing a swap of the Bears first and Philly's second round pick? Cheap flier that might pay off huge.

The problem with guys like Minshew is the upside is not there, its just a year of spinning their wheels. The problem with guys like Watson is the cost will make it impossible to build a winner, and Watson has demonstrated he's not in that category of Wilson or Rodgers who can just will shitty teams to the playoffs. Wentz might let the Bears have their cake and eat it too, but it all depends on the price.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Fans here are terrified what Pace would give up to get Wentz. I prefer Mac Jones from 2021 draft because it would cost the least in draft picks and/or Bears players. Pace can fuck up this franchise for a while if he gives up a lot for the wrong QB. Like Mitch Trubs.

I don't know, from what I'm seeing here he's not interested in getting fleeced again huh. I still think drafting a guy, even if it's later in the 1st, is the right move. you're not blowing your draft load on someone else's quarterback. but what do I know, the favorable opinion is wrecking the draft for 3 years to get a guy that will get Mahomes-ed with this unit anyway. it's illogical and silly.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It's a ton of $ for a strapped team for that return.
The Eagles are cap fucked. I think it's pretty common for teams that win the championship then try to win with the same roster when they should realistically rebuild.

They won't be able to materially improve this roster in free agency, so they will have to draft their way out of this. If trading Wentz now gets a 1st, but trading him after the $10M hit gets them a 1st and a 2nd, why not? Owner would have to sign off because it's a hard $10M his company is paying, but it also increases the trade value.

The real questions are:
- How much more in terms of trade compensation do you get if you trade him after June 1st?
- Is that compensation difference worth $10M?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Eagles are cap fucked. I think it's pretty common for teams that win the championship then try to win with the same roster when they should realistically rebuild.

They won't be able to materially improve this roster in free agency, so they will have to draft their way out of this. If trading Wentz now gets a 1st, but trading him after the $10M hit gets them a 1st and a 2nd, why not? Owner would have to sign off because it's a hard $10M his company is paying, but it also increases the trade value.

The real questions are:
- How much more in terms of trade compensation do you get if you trade him after June 1st?
- Is that compensation difference worth $10M?
They still have to pay him everything they on a post-June 1 trade, they just get to do it over two years.

With the way they will be pushing $ this year they will only be fucking themselves themselves for longer doing that.

I don't think the trade compensation would be that much more after the bonus, and paying that $10 will hurt them in some way in the long run, having to cut someone down the line or similar.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a relief to know that other teams are fucked up in some form..No offense to Pegger though

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if it was a 1,000 posts for (name player here) and this thread is currently at 1300+......then.....??

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Roseman having his little tantrum about not be offered what he wants for Wentz may be a bit of a bigger story than it appears. I don't think he crying about not getting 2 1sts or even just 1 1st, it may be that he is getting near zero offered for Wentz. As was mentioned in other postsand articles, Wentz is closer to Goff than Stafford and it cost LA a 1st to get rid of Goff.

I don't think the Eagles will have to give up picks to get rid of Wentz, but it may be something like the Bears offering a 4th or 5th and Foles for Wentz.

How would that change your opinion of that trade? What would your thoughts of Wentz and, say, Newman/Mond going into next season be?