Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Roseman having his little tantrum about not be offered what he wants for Wentz may be a bit of a bigger story than it appears. I don't think he crying about not getting 2 1sts or even just 1 1st, it may be that he is getting near zero offered for Wentz. As was mentioned in other postsand articles, Wentz is closer to Goff than Stafford and it cost LA a 1st to get rid of Goff.

I don't think the Eagles will have to give up picks to get rid of Wentz, but it may be something like the Bears offering a 4th or 5th and Foles for Wentz.

How would that change your opinion of that trade? What would your thoughts of Wentz and, say, Newman/Mond going into next season be?
I have been one of the biggest detractors from acquiring Wentz, but a 5th rounder and Foles would get me thinking. He is still a douche and when things go sour for him he fades and gets bitchy so I would be leary of Chicago getting on him when he throws that first int. If he is the consummate teammate, last year was an anomaly, ownership and go love him, why the hell are they so desperate to get rid of him? Can't say cap space because if you truly have your stud qb you are happy to pay him a kings ransom.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have been one of the biggest detractors from acquiring Wentz, but a 5th rounder and Foles would get me thinking. He is still a douche and when things go sour for him he fades and gets bitchy so I would be leary of Chicago getting on him when he throws that first int. If he is the consummate teammate, last year was an anomaly, ownership and go love him, why the hell are they so desperate to get rid of him? Can't say cap space because if you truly have your stud qb you are happy to pay him a kings ransom.
I don't pretend to know what went wrong in PHI, but I will give it a shot.

If I had to guess, it is a combination of them drafting a high round QB, then Hurts getting snaps in every game after the first, increasingly nudging Wentz to the sidelines, then him getting the hook and blame for an offense with no weapons, no OL and abysmal play.

I think he is a guy that thought after playing well and putting his body on the line repeatedly, that after signing the extension, he was Philly's guy. Then they draft a guy and even early on in the season start getting him real time snaps. I assume that that means he is taking 1st team reps in practice. When that happens, the writing is on the wall. Then when everything falls apart, the blame was foist upon him.

Not saying he is right, but I get that he feels a bit burned by Roseman and Philly.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Roseman having his little tantrum about not be offered what he wants for Wentz may be a bit of a bigger story than it appears. I don't think he crying about not getting 2 1sts or even just 1 1st, it may be that he is getting near zero offered for Wentz. As was mentioned in other postsand articles, Wentz is closer to Goff than Stafford and it cost LA a 1st to get rid of Goff.

I don't think the Eagles will have to give up picks to get rid of Wentz, but it may be something like the Bears offering a 4th or 5th and Foles for Wentz.

How would that change your opinion of that trade? What would your thoughts of Wentz and, say, Newman/Mond going into next season be?

I mean, that would be a great trade, but there's evidence out there that the Bears have already offered more than that (a 1st), so there's no going back to 4th or 5th.

For all the talk about the Eagles having no leverage, Wentz is still an NFL starting QB. Starting QBs don't come cheap, no matter how bad they have been. The Eagles know the Bears or Colts would instantly make Wentz their starter, means they should hold out for a starting QB return for him. Just as other teams can call the Eagles' bluff on paying Wentz's 10M roster bonus on March 20th, the Eagles can call the Bears/Colts bluff that they can either get another QB or throw Foles/Eason out there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That would be a no-brainer imo.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That would be a no-brainer imo.
How about change the pick to 3rd or 2nd, or 1st with their 2nd coming back. What is your go/no go?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Almost Anything but A #1 or #2

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I mean, that would be a great trade, but there's evidence out there that the Bears have already offered more than that (a 1st), so there's no going back to 4th or 5th.

For all the talk about the Eagles having no leverage, Wentz is still an NFL starting QB. Starting QBs don't come cheap, no matter how bad they have been. The Eagles know the Bears or Colts would instantly make Wentz their starter, means they should hold out for a starting QB return for him. Just as other teams can call the Eagles' bluff on paying Wentz's 10M roster bonus on March 20th, the Eagles can call the Bears/Colts bluff that they can either get another QB or throw Foles/Eason out there.
Evidence? If anything more info now points to the Bears not even making an offer yet.

And as for the starting QB thing, the Rams just gave up picks to be rid of Goff, so big contract QB's that have recently failed are not a hot commodities. And the Eagles are past the point of no return with Wenz. As teams start filling their starting QB seats with the ubundance of available QB's, Philly doesn't want to be left without a chair.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Read a rumor on an Eagles FB group (please take this with a grain of salt) that Wentz told the Eagles he only wants to go to the Colts. That's why there has been posturing, but nothing going down.

Time will tell, but this trade is looking dead.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How about change the pick to 3rd or 2nd, or 1st with their 2nd coming back. What is your go/no go?
At one point, I had talked myself into Bears first/Foles for Wentz. This would be my highest offer. Ultimately, feel okay with that because I don't think the Bears will be able to acquire a better QB than Wentz at 20 without moving up significantly and giving up years of picks - essentially hamstringing the next GM. If Pace can somehow get a pick back (maybe 3rd) for picking up Wentz contract that would be the cherry on the top.

I'm not opposed to Wentz at all, but he also doesn't excite me that much. Despite what some of these knuckleheadz on CCS say, Wentz has some upside.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Evidence? If anything more info now points to the Bears not even making an offer yet.

And as for the starting QB thing, the Rams just gave up picks to be rid of Goff, so big contract QB's that have recently failed are not a hot commodities. And the Eagles are past the point of no return with Wenz. As teams start filling their starting QB seats with the ubundance of available QB's, Philly doesn't want to be left without a chair.

The original rumor that even started the masses talking about Wentz even been on the block was a tweet that said the Bears had the best offer for him. The person who tweeted that eventually said a 1st rounder was involved, though said it could be in 2022. Granted, that's just a rumor, but it was THE rumor, and the Bears not making an offer is also a rumor.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read a rumor on an Eagles FB group (please take this with a grain of salt) that Wentz told the Eagles he only wants to go to the Colts. That's why there has been posturing, but nothing going down.

I hope it's dead but Wentz doesn't have a no trade clause does he? Do the Eagles care what he wants?

NCIggles

Liked Posts:
I don't pretend to know what went wrong in PHI, but I will give it a shot.

If I had to guess, it is a combination of them drafting a high round QB, then Hurts getting snaps in every game after the first, increasingly nudging Wentz to the sidelines, then him getting the hook and blame for an offense with no weapons, no OL and abysmal play.

I think he is a guy that thought after playing well and putting his body on the line repeatedly, that after signing the extension, he was Philly's guy. Then they draft a guy and even early on in the season start getting him real time snaps. I assume that that means he is taking 1st team reps in practice. When that happens, the writing is on the wall. Then when everything falls apart, the blame was foist upon him.

Not saying he is right, but I get that he feels a bit burned by Roseman and Philly.

Also, look at the terrible job Roseman did in surrounding Wentz with any real weapons at receiver. The last 3 seasons the team was beset with injuries and essentially relied on practice squad players. Wentz passing for over 4,000 yards with no 1,000 yard receiver can't be overlooked and it's the result of Roseman's decisions. He had every right to feel betrayed by the front office.

NCIggles

Liked Posts:

Don't trust the Eagles FB group. Those people are crazy.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Can't blame him, who the fuck would wanna come here and deal with this shit storm and get crucified for every bad play

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
The NFL is a classic over-reaction league. Based on the success of Brady (a generational talent), all of the teams without a "franchise" QB are scurrying to get one, and some are likely more than willing to trade their souls to do so. Will be a blast to watch all the dolts that give up 1st round / and or multiple picks for C-list QBs due to desperation and herd mentality.

Hopefully Pace is smarter than the average Bear. Call him Yogi.

1613082619841.png

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Even though it’s just a rumor, it’s believable. The Colts make sense for him since he has a better relationship with Reich and they are a better team. He shouldn’t have any interest going to the Bears, especially if Foles is not part of a deal.