Bears make offer to buy Arlington Park

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Arlington site has all the infrastructure in place
Yep. Woodfield and all the other businesses would love for the Bears to be there and vice versa.

On a side note I was watching the dead mall series on Youtube the other day. Stratford Square, Yorktown, Charlestown mall, Northpark Mall all can be found. Barren like walking in a ghost town with all the closed shops. All taken down by online shopping at Amazon. Woodfield seems unaffected, they still booming.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Building a Football Stadium and its Impact on a City - eSUB Construction Software

"Infrastructure Upgrades a Requirement
To make a stadium construction project successful requires some level of municipal cooperation. A city must build and improve infrastructure that supports large crowds moving to or from the stadium for games. It must establish and enhance transportation routes that shuttle people to events from around the city, expand bus routes, enhance police presence and security during games, expand roadways and sidewalks, and ensure adequate fire prevention arrangements.

The new Yankee Stadium, completed in 2009, required an investment of $220 million from the city of New York to upgrade infrastructure. The City of Portland similarly invested $34.5 million in updating infrastructure when the Rose Garden was built. For each such example of team owners and cities working together, however, we can find a deal that falls through because the municipality is unwilling to invest."
Thanks, but we have people in here complaining about travel times and that is what I'm getting at. As if people wouldn't expect longer travel times to a place where 25,000 vehicles would now be converging.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Thanks, but we have people in here complaining about travel times and that is what I'm getting at. As if people wouldn't expect longer travel times to a place where 25,000 vehicles would now be converging.
The travel time would likely be an issue for a very small percentage of people. Probably benefit as many people as it would be detrimental to

Southside

Liked Posts:
The travel time would likely be an issue for a very small percentage of people. Probably benefit as many people as it would be detrimental to

To be honest, any person who does not live in the city really has no right to speak on this subject. The Bears are apart of OUR community not your's, we drive by the stadium every day on Lake Shore Drive, you guys come to town for work or on the weekends and leave. That is the extent of your relationship to Chicago and Soldier Field, yall are tourists. It's our team first and foremost. Some people literally do not have cars, this is a major public transportation city you can see every single team (Hawks, Bulls, Sox, Cubs), the biggest team in the city moving 30 minutes away to some dead suburb is crazy. The suburbs already have all the amenities, stay the fuck away from our teams.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
To be honest, any person who does not live in the city really has no right to speak on this subject. The Bears are apart of OUR community not your's, we drive by the stadium every day on Lake Shore Drive, you guys come to town for work or on the weekends and leave. That is the extent of your relationship to Chicago and Soldier Field, yall are tourists. It's our team first and foremost. Some people literally do not have cars, this is a major public transportation city you can see every single team (Hawks, Bulls, Sox, Cubs), the biggest team in the city moving 30 minutes away to some dead suburb is crazy. The suburbs already have all the amenities, stay the fuck away from our teams.
Lori please calm down. I didn't mean to upset you

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh boy....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Frankly, I don't understand why traffic would be anywhere near the top priority in this.
Idk about NFL stadiums but when Iowa built their speedway, they were not able to host NASCAR races because they didn't have enough lanes to handle the traffic for safety. I would assume the same applies to NFL Stadiums.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Idk about NFL stadiums but when Iowa built their speedway, they were not able to host NASCAR races because they didn't have enough lanes to handle the traffic for safety. I would assume the same applies to NFL Stadiums.
I'm not suggesting that they'd just build a stadium and not consult with IDOT to ease traffic congestion. I'm just saying that bad traffic in and out of an NFL stadium with a capacity over 80,000 people is inevitably going to lead to traffic delays. Anyone complaining about that should probably just watch from home.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not suggesting that they'd just build a stadium and not consult with IDOT to ease traffic congestion. I'm just saying that bad traffic in and out of an NFL stadium with a capacity over 80,000 people is inevitably going to lead to traffic delays. Anyone complaining about that should probably just watch from home.
Totes get that, there will be congestion anytime 80-100k ppl are converging to one spot. My point is, there are certain regulations and safety measures that have to be met to be able to handle the traffic and if it's not in place currently, will need to be put in place. If this Arlington Heights location already has that, it's half the battle which is why it may be more cost effective for the Bears.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm still confused why he thinks Arlington Hts is the boonies....its 30 miles away. Does he travel by horseback?
Unless he's doing a joke, like, "Oh great, more Bears fans in one place."

I don't think his is though....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Totes get that, there will be congestion anytime 80-100k ppl are converging to one spot. My point is, there are certain regulations and safety measures that have to be met to be able to handle the traffic and if it's not in place currently, will need to be put in place. If this Arlington Heights location already has that, it's half the battle which is why it may be more cost effective for the Bears.
You're sooooo mad right now. Probably just as mad as @jts1207

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
fuck you, how dare you move the Bears outside of Chicago. Shouldn't you be talking about fatty Goldman?
It's about time someone started talking about him.

I'm also keeping my eyes on the Tonga Truck.

Southside

Liked Posts:
They can still call it soldier terrain, soldier territory or soldier range.
We all know that a stadium in Arlington is going to have some stupid commercial name like Fannie Mae Field or Dollar Tree Field, after all this is about $$$$ and not the soul of the team. Front office has given us no Super Bowl rings in almost 40 years, but they are more concerned about building a new stadium in the boondocks to get the revenue of hosting a Super Bowl for some OTHER scrub ass team to play in. This is a joke to anyone who actually lives in the city. Im saying all of this and I dont even like Soldier Field.

mecha

Liked Posts:
so long as it's just their stadium and they don't have to share with soccer games and Bon Jovi concerts and shit with that fucked up grass that seemingly only hurts Bears players.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not for long. Being in Schaumburg, I hope to hell this happens. And to your point about people not owning cars and being a huge public transportation city...guess what? There is a train station right next to that site. Public transportation just for you!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I'm still confused why he thinks Arlington Hts is the boonies....its 30 miles away. Does he travel by horseback?
I always thought downstate people who didn't travel and were scared of big cities was weird, but is there a reverse of people from big cities that don't leave them and have no clue what exist outside of their day to day life? Nothing about Arlington heights says boonies in anyway

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always thought downstate people who didn't travel and were scared of big cities was weird, but is there a reverse of people from big cities that don't leave them and have no clue what exist outside of their day to day life? Nothing about Arlington heights says boonies in anyway
I guess you have a different outlook on things when you don't drive a car which is why I'm assuming these people get around by public transportation. Why else would they consider a thriving area like Arlington Heights to be in the boonies?