Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait to see the monster that is Geor'quarius Spivey in a Bear uniform. Him and Austin Reed gonna tear it up in the HOF game!

🐻⬇️

At this point anything better than the circle jerk crew, patting each other on the back with one hand and on the lap with the other, talking about how good Bears are in the offseason. Summer break is gonna be brutal.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Summer break is gonna be brutal.

Summer is always way slow at my office, so I find it funny the most time I have to post here is when literally nothing is happening with the Bears.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What actually happens at Bears rookie minicamp? On-field practice just a piece of the puzzle

Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze highlights will dominate social media during Bears rookie minicamp, but a lot more will be going on at Halas Hall​

By Alex Shapiro • Published May 7, 2024 • Updated on May 7, 2024 at 4:40 pm​

The Bears rookie class, a handful of players trying out to make the team, and even a few veteran players are about to get together at Halas Hall for the first minicamp of the year. It’s the first professional, organized activity for most of the guys. It’s also a major evaluation point for coaches to consider.

The highlights of Caleb Williams completing passes to Rome Odunze will get the most play on social media and YouTube, but that’s just a small piece of the two-day minicamp. In fact, when the minicamp begins on Friday many of the valuable moments will happen off the practice field entirely.

One way to think of rookie minicamp is like a freshman orientation for the new crop of Bears players. There will be lots of time in the classroom where the players will be exposed to new concepts. Lots of new concepts. The players will also start learning the Bears’ vocabulary. Many ideas are similar from team to team, but the verbiage is not. It’s important that every player and coach uses the same words so that everyone’s on the same page, otherwise mistakes can happen on the field. cont'd at link

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What actually happens at Bears rookie minicamp? On-field practice just a piece of the puzzle

Caleb Williams and Rome Odunze highlights will dominate social media during Bears rookie minicamp, but a lot more will be going on at Halas Hall​

By Alex Shapiro • Published May 7, 2024 • Updated on May 7, 2024 at 4:40 pm​

Honestly, I think the only part of this rookie minicamp I even care about is Williams and Odunze. Every rep Williams takes in camp should be a pass to Odunze. Bears. Bears. Williams. Odunze. Bears. Ditka. Bratwurst. Bears.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think the only part of this rookie minicamp I even care about is Williams and Odunze. Every rep Williams takes in camp should be a pass to Odunze. Bears. Bears. Williams. Odunze. Bears. Ditka. Bratwurst. Bears.

For me, I expand to all 5 of the draft picks. You want them all to look the part.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
you're probably right, should rethink order from showmeyourmumu.com
If the business fails, you can sell off inventory as circus tents

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Only a matter of time before Caleb tried to trademark the bear claw and sell t shirts
@Rush should get on this before the opportunity is gone.

Some CCS members will finally feel like they are part of the Bears as they consume 1000s of Bear claws from the local donut shops.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am actually high on some of those UDFAs who might make the bottom of the roster better.

Ian Wheeler from Howard is an interesting RB prospect who had over 7 yards per rush, 4.41 speed, hard to tackle and a really good special teamer who returns kickoffs and is a valuable punt and kickoff defender. He might have some value with the new kickoff rules.

Keith Randolph Jr is a run stuffing DT who can earn a spot being the 1 tech backup which would free up Pickens from having to play that position. Pickens could be part of the 3 tech rotation.

Jamree Kromah is a DE / DT from James Madison who only has to beat out Robinson for a spot. Seeing that Robinson has shown basically nothing since being drafted, that is a battle that can be won by Jamree.

Auston Reed may create a battle between himself and Bagent for the 2nd and 3rd string QB.

None of these are world-beaters but they would provide the potential of improving the depth of the team.