Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the no ketchup tradition, but I like silly local food traditions and I hate ketchup.

I do find it a little funny Chicago is so anti ketchup on the dog, but the Chicago style hot dog has a ginormous wedge of raw tomato on it anyhow.

It's just too many toppings for me, so I never partake. At cookouts, I just do plain yellow mustard with the occasional chili dog when I make chili in the middle of winter at home.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'd speculate they don't want to get hit by the BEARCLAWS but rather be giving the BEARCLAWS!

The Claw is going be the end zone touchdown celebration. Caleb, not even a month since the draft may have started a new trend. I see future T-shirts coming if they aren't being printed already.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Claw is going be the end zone touchdown celebration. Caleb, not even a month since the draft may have started a new trend. I see future T-shirts coming if they aren't being printed already.
As luck would have it I have recently updated my trademarked bear claw mumu orders to 5xl-9xl tall for Chicago fans. They should be arriving by barge in short order.

Last edited:
Reactions: chi

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm polish. I eat sausage with ketchup and mustard always.

IDC what chicagoains think is right. They also think deep dish is a pizza when its not.

Tavern style thin crust>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fake ass tourist pizza

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

IDC what chicagoains think is right. They also think deep dish is a pizza when its not.

I have family in the Land of Sometimes-Poland. Sausage with a line of ketchup on one side and mustard on the other is clutch. I personally like a sweet BBQ and pair it with a mustard-style BBQ sauce.

But I will go to the plate that good deep dish is good pizza, and bad deep dish is bad lasagna.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am kinda over the whole claw thing already, but I have feeling that will be a staple for years to come.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Are u a french fry and mayo guy? cause if you are we may have to ban you from this thread or deport you back to Europe…whichever we can build consensus on quicker.
I eat them plain usually. I do love mayo but that seems excessive. I usually try to add fat to things that don't already have a lot of fat in them.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I do find it a little funny Chicago is so anti ketchup on the dog, but the Chicago style hot dog has a ginormous wedge of raw tomato on it anyhow.

It's just too many toppings for me, so I never partake. At cookouts, I just do plain yellow mustard with the occasional chili dog when I make chili in the middle of winter at home.
Ketchup is mostly sugar (at least commercial ketchup), it doesn't really taste like a raw tomato.

I do like the full garden dog, but the toppings need to be meted out in the correct proportion.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Ketchup is mostly sugar (at least commercial ketchup), it doesn't really taste like a raw tomato.

I do like the full garden dog, but the toppings need to be meted out in the correct proportion.
It's the offseason - now is the perfect time to talk about condiment proportions. The 4th of July will be upon us in no time and I will want lots of hot dogs.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Greeks and Italians too. The hot dog cart guys would take it as an insult because ketchup is sweet and drowns out the flavor. Ketchup is really an American thing with its overt sweetness, and I bet most of the European immigrants hated it. Mike Royko has a famous column on it.

I like the no ketchup tradition, but I like silly local food traditions and I hate ketchup.

This better be about Chicago dogs or ill be disappointed in you
Might be more Eberflus Honey Bees than ketchup

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Put anything on a hot dog. Make your pizza thick, thin, whatever. Be a dude and fall in love with a dude if you want. People are going to like what they like, regardless of what anyone else thinks. It can be fun to discuss and debate the relative merits of things, but anyone blowing a gasket over someone else's preferences needs an attitude adjustment.

I'm a big fan of the "depression style" Chicago hot dog (Gene & Jude's). The traditional Chicago dog is a delicious concoction too. Its kinda funny that a city known for eating gut-busting foods is known for topping hot dogs with a delightful garden salad.

Tavern style pizza is of course the standard go-to, btu I haven't found one that reaches the heights of flavor I get from a fresh deep dish, butter crust pizza from Lou's.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s a “Document Case”, according to the website. Haha. That bitch is at least $4,000.

View attachment 38439
Job security. Caleb’s already playing for his 2nd contract. Buy the offensive line all Rolex’s next!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was with you up until that last sentence.