Bears release Ray MacDonald

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Two things i didnt learn itt, ray's an idiot, vash is an idiot. knew it all along...

#calledit

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He may be right and McDonald didn't actually do anything but from the Bear point of view, they were clear that he shouldn't be in a position for anything like this to happen. Dudes had his chance and fucked up regardless of the circumstances. Bears are in fuck it mode.

Agree, except she has his child.

Now lets say she is some psycho bitch that is trying to pull of some con to take McDonald's money. It certainly wouldn't be the craziest thing ever. And since she has his kid, he can't just kick her to the curb or whatever.

However, if this really is the scenario, then McD needs to be smart enough to only interact with her through a lawyer. And to begin the process of getting full custody of his kid.

So even in the best case scenario, McDonald is still a fucking idiot.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/26/ray-mcdonald-arrest-release-chicago-bears-nfl/

Made the front page news on the MMQB this morning....

Bears need to come out and make a statement to do some damage control, just come out and say we screwed the pooch on this one and were sorry. All they can do at this point.

Its all so stupid. Bears gave the guy a chance. Nothing wrong with that. Dude fucked up and bears cut him. What is the big fucking deal.

McD came to the bears with no outstanding charges and no guilty sentences. If the Bears were gon keep him on the team and actually pay him, then I could see a problem.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of hindsight, Monday morning QBs in the media today that just need to shut the F up. This comment following the article sums it up well...

"so you talk to the accusers counsel and he says ray is a terrible guy that did terrible things. then you talk to ray and his counsel and they say she is lying. where does that get you? signing him to a zero tolerance policy is / was the right thing to do given there has not been a trial or preponderance of evidence (ie, ray rice style). nfl owners are not judges, they are the chairmen or organizations who tap into a pool of limited resources for talent and make calculated risks. in this case, there was no risk. i am a bears fan and i applaud them being bold enough to give a second chance, smart enough to make it a zero tolerance / zero guaranteed risk and savvy enough to sign a talent in the first place. imagine if he was a good citizen and it worked out? upside, lots of upside. it didn't work out and what do you have? zero downside except for some media pundits sitting on their throne with 20 20 hindsight vision."

What I like is Bears fans applauding responses like Kyle Long's. We're clearly not the Patriots fans making apologies for cheating, or Vikings fans wondering if childbeater AP is coming back. We gave you a shot, grudgingly, and you fucked it up. Good riddance, Ray.

"so you talk to the accusers counsel and he says ray is a terrible guy that did terrible things. then you talk to ray and his counsel and they say she is lying. where does that get you? signing him to a zero tolerance policy is / was the right thing to do given there has not been a trial or preponderance of evidence (ie, ray rice style). nfl owners are not judges, they are the chairmen or organizations who tap into a pool of limited resources for talent and make calculated risks. in this case, there was no risk. i am a bears fan and i applaud them being bold enough to give a second chance, smart enough to make it a zero tolerance / zero guaranteed risk and savvy enough to sign a talent in the first place. imagine if he was a good citizen and it worked out? upside, lots of upside. it didn't work out and what do you have? zero downside except for some media pundits sitting on their throne with 20 20 hindsight vision."

/thread

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incompetent at what, predicting the future, reading minds, peering into souls?
Hahahahahaha! There are very coherent arguments as to why someone shouldn't care about this whole thing.

Then there is this.

If you didn't see this coming (a screw up screwing up) from a mile away, you are almost certainly an idiot. But yes, George would have needed the ability to read minds to know that this was coming. Turns out I must have esp too! LOL!

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering I'm not surveyed for their ratings book and I don't buy a single product advertised on their show, I have absolutely nothing to do with them being on the radio. In addition, I'm hardly a regular listener. I spend most of my time on XM.

You only give them free adverts. Now I understand.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahaha! There are very coherent arguments as to why someone shouldn't care about this whole thing.

Then there is this.

If you didn't see this coming (a screw up screwing up) from a mile away, you are almost certainly an idiot. But yes, George would have needed the ability to read minds to know that this was coming. Turns out I must have esp too! LOL!

You act like the bears assumed some kind of risk.

The bears took on zero risk. Zero stakes. And they had a chance at a very productive player.

Didn't work out and guess what? There are zero consequences for the bears. zero. The season does not start for 3 months. By then, this shit will be completely erased from public consciousness.

Lets recap:
Bears made a move with zero risk because there was zero consequence if it didn't work out.

So what is the problem again?

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
You act like the bears assumed some kind of risk.

The bears took on zero risk. Zero stakes. And they had a chance at a very productive player.

Didn't work out and guess what? There are zero consequences for the bears. zero. The season does not start for 3 months. By then, this shit will be completely erased from public consciousness.

Lets recap:
Bears made a move with zero risk because there was zero consequence if it didn't work out.

So what is the problem again?

Where did I say there it was a bad risk? I said they saw it coming. The contract supports that. I personally didn't like it because I didn't like the guy, but as far as football risk, there wasnt much.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Then there is this.

Sorry, I must have missed where you called this. I guess yours was a silent protest. #calleditafterithappened

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I must have missed where you called this. I guess yours was a silent protest. #calleditafterithappened
LOL! Ok, you got me. You know what my thoughts were. Maybe YOU are the one that can peer in to people's soul. Please don't stop, you're killing me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He did do those things though. It's not like the McCaskey's lied and made that stuff up. On the surface, McDonald's apology and gesture seemed sincere at the time. It is unheard of for a free agent player to buy his own plane ticket and meet with the owner to offer an apology before being signed. The hearts of the Bears upper management was in the right place.
Please cite where I said George lied.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe you lack compression, I never said you did not think it. Just always amused at those that come on here and crow about what they knew but lacked to mention before it happened. #Nostradamus

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nope... was listening to Goff in the morning and was late to change to Waddle... Caught a bit of his tired act and click...

then on to Kirwan and Miller...
Ok...what did you expect Bernstein to be talking about?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No one but the 2 of them know if anyone got pushed around. The point is that he should have never been alone with that women under any circumstances. Its enough to get him canned on the stupidity clause.
Mulligan said this morning that Urlacher hired an off-duty Cook Country Sheriff to drive with him to that Hinsdale Oasis, where there were cameras, specifically so shit like this wouldn't happen to him. It's amazing to me that more guys (or maybe they do, and because they do this we don't hear about it) don't do this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe you lack compression, I never said you did not think it. Just always amused at those that come on here and crow about what they knew but lacked to mention before it happened. #Nostradamus
I know you and I had an exchange earlier....was this meant for me?

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
You still think you need some sort of extra sensory powers to believe that Ray McDonald would continue his MO? Maybe I should be your life coach. I can tell you not to let the "reformed" burglar live with you and things like that.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You still think you need some sort of extra sensory powers to believe that Ray McDonald would continue his MO? Maybe I should be your life coach. I can tell you not to let the "reformed" burglar live with you and things like that.

Think you are having trouble with the difference between something being a surety and something being a possibility.

Where did I say there it was a bad risk? I said they saw it coming. The contract supports that. I personally didn't like it because I didn't like the guy, but as far as football risk, there wasnt much.

Wrong. The contract does not support this. If they saw this coming, there would be no contract. The contract validates that they thought this was a possibility.

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
Think you are having trouble with the difference between something being a surety and something being a possibility.

Wrong. The contract does not support this. If they saw this coming, there would be no contract. The contract validates that they thought this was a possibility.
Great, so you go let your kids play with a child rapist because you aren't sure what might happen(not saying McDonald is this). The bears knew better than to have blind faith, which was the reason for the contract being not guaranteed. He saw it coming. No esp. If you only react to surety then you are surely as much a fool as the other poster. Its a terrible point.

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen, I've fallen victim to it myself. I was a college freshman 12 years ago with a random roommate. He was a bad guy. I knew living with the guy that something bad was going to happen. I saw it coming. Then during move out he stole my Xbox. I should have known better. I saw it coming and it still happened. I wasn't sure per se, but I saw it coming.