Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His lawyer is saying the Bears were too hasty in releasing him, that they weren't aware of the facts. I'm pretty sure the facts are this guy can't control himself, he's an out of control monster.

He may be right and McDonald didn't actually do anything but from the Bear point of view, they were clear that he shouldn't be in a position for anything like this to happen. Dudes had his chance and fucked up regardless of the circumstances. Bears are in fuck it mode.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
LOL. Seriously? What rock have you been living under the last year?

If this happened during the season it would be less on why the team took a chance on him.

We're in the abyss of the NFL season

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad this moron was released. But being older and wiser than I once was, he needed to get rid of the drama queens in his life, and didn't do so. Too addicted to the crazy lovin' I suspect. At some point in the life of every man you need to reach the point when you realize, "The lovin' aint worth the drama." Take the wild, fun memories, file them away and pull them out when you need them, and then seek out a woman who's not insane and knows the meaning of the terms "reason" and "accountability." In any case, no matter how crazy things get, it's always better to walk away... Crazy likes crazy.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it is you that smells like shit and you just continue smelling yourself wherever you go. Unless by train compartment you are making a gay sex reference to an anus and then you statement seems reasonable.

Such as the caboose?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Uhmmm For the record, Church is a business as well.

Yeah, but the church only transfers the child molesters and sweeps it under the rug. If Pace was pope, heads would fucken roll.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/26/ray-mcdonald-arrest-release-chicago-bears-nfl/

Made the front page news on the MMQB this morning....

Bears need to come out and make a statement to do some damage control, just come out and say we screwed the pooch on this one and were sorry. All they can do at this point.

Nothing they can say will help things. They just need to let the media write their BS for a week and then move on. This won't be an issue when the season starts. But anything they say now prolongs the story.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He may be right and McDonald didn't actually do anything but from the Bear point of view, they were clear that he shouldn't be in a position for anything like this to happen. Dudes had his chance and fucked up regardless of the circumstances. Bears are in fuck it mode.

Why wasn't he in Chicago, by himself, studying his playbook?

If you are prone to smacking the crap out of people when they cause you drama, and you know you are on thin ice, why would you be around them?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing they can say will help things. They just need to let the media write their BS for a week and then move on. This won't be an issue when the season starts. But anything they say now prolongs the story.

Ya I spose your right. Just take your black eye ( no pun intended...really) and go home......and let it pass.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/05/26/ray-mcdonald-arrest-release-chicago-bears-nfl/

Made the front page news on the MMQB this morning....

Bears need to come out and make a statement to do some damage control, just come out and say we screwed the pooch on this one and were sorry. All they can do at this point.

Lot of hindsight, Monday morning QBs in the media today that just need to shut the F up. This comment following the article sums it up well...

"so you talk to the accusers counsel and he says ray is a terrible guy that did terrible things. then you talk to ray and his counsel and they say she is lying. where does that get you? signing him to a zero tolerance policy is / was the right thing to do given there has not been a trial or preponderance of evidence (ie, ray rice style). nfl owners are not judges, they are the chairmen or organizations who tap into a pool of limited resources for talent and make calculated risks. in this case, there was no risk. i am a bears fan and i applaud them being bold enough to give a second chance, smart enough to make it a zero tolerance / zero guaranteed risk and savvy enough to sign a talent in the first place. imagine if he was a good citizen and it worked out? upside, lots of upside. it didn't work out and what do you have? zero downside except for some media pundits sitting on their throne with 20 20 hindsight vision."

What I like is Bears fans applauding responses like Kyle Long's. We're clearly not the Patriots fans making apologies for cheating, or Vikings fans wondering if childbeater AP is coming back. We gave you a shot, grudgingly, and you fucked it up. Good riddance, Ray.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of hindsight QBs in the media today that just need to shut the F up. This comment following the article sums it up well...

"so you talk to the accusers counsel and he says ray is a terrible guy that did terrible things. then you talk to ray and his counsel and they say she is lying. where does that get you? signing him to a zero tolerance policy is / was the right thing to do given there has not been a trial or preponderance of evidence (ie, ray rice style). nfl owners are not judges, they are the chairmen or organizations who tap into a pool of limited resources for talent and make calculated risks. in this case, there was no risk. i am a bears fan and i applaud them being bold enough to give a second chance, smart enough to make it a zero tolerance / zero guaranteed risk and savvy enough to sign a talent in the first place. imagine if he was a good citizen and it worked out? upside, lots of upside. it didn't work out and what do you have? zero downside except for some media pundits sitting on their throne with 20 20 hindsight vision."

ya, I generally agree with you, and its why I didnt HATE the signing at the time, i was like ok whatever..... but like bernsie said the timing of it was just so poor.... with all the awareness now and you jetting a guy like Marshall, and spewing the character bs about building the team, and then you go and sign this guy right away. They probably should have just looked at the entirity of it all and sayd ya know its just not worth it right now. Ya we need him and we believe in second chances...but its too risky.

Look i am not hanging Pace for this.... he took a chance and he got burned.... he's a first timer gona learn some stuff trial by fire so he'll learn from this and will use it to factor into his future decisions. Actually this was probably a good thing this happend to him early on like this.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Personally, on the contract given, and given the situation, I would do the same thing Pace did 10 times out of 10.

Mongo is fond of calling the guy a rapist, but that wasn't proven, he wasn't convicted, and its not like there aren't people out there who falsely accuse athletes of rape, which to me, makes Mongo no worse than what he's been calling the rest of us.

What the guy DID do is continually find trouble. Even if not convicted, he was told to keep his nose clean and stay out of places where he could get into trouble, and he just couldn't do it.

Given the extenuating circumstances, I'd always give a guy like that a chance if I have a need at that position, with the same pay and guidelines, and always drop the hammer if they can't keep their shit together.

But hey, that's just me, and that's GIVEN the current situation. Its different if they were actually convicted of something.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
With this happening I wonder if they kick the tires on Red Bryant.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With this happening I wonder if they kick the tires on Red Bryant.

definitely, I mean I dont see why not at this point. I dont recall seeing any major red flags with him injury wise or anything.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears made a business decision. They gave a guy that the coaching staff was willing to bet on a chance to redeem himself. McDonald blew his opportunity and the Bears immediately cut him. It amazes me how judgmental and dramatic people have become. Today, if you're accused, you're guilty. McDonald has proven he has zero judgment but none of us know what happened yesterday only that he has been accused of wrongdoing by somebody that he has a contentious relationship with.
I wonder how some of these vocal critics would react if something similar happened to their brother or son.
I have no problem with the decision the Bears made to sign him or release him. This truly is the age of the pc, whiny bitch.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Right on cue that fucking Bernstein is clogging the airwaves with his outrage...

He should stick to objectifying women on Twitter. Douche!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears made a business decision. They gave a guy that the coaching staff was willing to bet on a chance to redeem himself. McDonald blew his opportunity and the Bears immediately cut him. It amazes me how judgmental and dramatic people have become. Today, if you're accused, you're guilty. McDonald has proven he has zero judgment but none of us know what happened yesterday only that he has been accused of wrongdoing by somebody that he has a contentious relationship with.
I wonder how some of these vocal critics would react if something similar happened to their brother or son.
I have no problem with the decision the Bears made to sign him or release him. This truly is the age of the pc, whiny bitch.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

One day in and it seems that this has cooled significantly. Most of the comments I am hearing from fans around the league are that the Bears gave the guy a 2nd chance at a low risk and it didn't pay off. They don't fault the Bears, but the individual.