My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. You know how long it took for me to figure that out? A long time ...
You are fucked in the head tonight?

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Somebody should say to Mongo- What about the morality of allowing a man a chance to repent of his ways?

Law down the law, and if he effs up yet again despite knowing the stakes? Call him an asshole and chase his ass out of town because he ain't never gonna change. That's what Pace did.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
how much LSD do i need to take for this to make sense?

More Lakeshore Drive, more Lakeshore Drive! Three times may have enlightened or dumbed me. Still not sure, lol.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wait...

so my opinion of not being ok with signing a rapist sucks?

He was a rapiat when we signed him? Could have fooled me. Seems to me that when he actually did wrong pace dropped him

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who cares? He got a second chance and blew it. The Bears cut his ass. I don't see what the Bears did wrong in signing him in the first place...

He was a rapist that was never convicted. Thats enough. I wonder if Mongo hated emery for trading for marshall but loved pace for getting rid of him

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You clearly don't know the whole story. Also, the teams that win recognize the NFL is a business. Quit crying like a brat and acting like somehow you have some unrealistic moral high ground.

Yes, he's taking the moral high ground, but I would hardly call it unrealistic. And don't act like every team does this, Pace fucked up, cut his losses, and lets move on.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
From a business standpoint, no harm, no foul for the Bears. They signed him to a non-guaranteed deal with a no tolerance policy. MacDonald fucked up, so the Bears cut him and pay him nothing. It was basically a no lose contract for the Bears because if MacDonald comes through, then they get a good player at a bargain price. If he doesn't come through, then they cut him with no strings attached. PR hit will be minimal because he didn't play a down for the Bears. The only negative I see in this is whether MacDonald's presence on the roster affected Pace's draft strategy. But since MacDonald was an aging veteran on a one year deal with a no tolerance policy, I'm sure Pace took this into account.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
It's not a big deal, but no, it's not "no harm, no foul."

If this had happened right after we signed Mcdonald, we could of looked at somebody else in FA, or drafted differently. When a player that's slotted to be a starter has to get booted from the team this time of year, it creates a hole. Our FO had confidence in him to play a role as a starter this season, or they wouldn't of signed him. Now resources will have to be spent, and the transition to 3-4 will be more difficult. Not to mention, our defense now has even less talent. You can't say, "Mcdonald could of been a beast on the field, so he was worth the risk," then act like it was no loss at all.

Thankfully though Mcdonald didn't have a multi-year deal with guaranteed money.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
It's not a big deal, but no, it's not "no foul no harm done."

If this had happened right after we signed Mcdonald, we could of looked at somebody else in FA, or drafted differently. When a player that's slotted to be a starter has to get booted from the team this time of year, it creates a hole. Our FO had confidence in him to play a role as a starter this season, or they wouldn't of signed him. Now resources will have to be spent, and the transition to 3-4 will he more difficult. Not to mention, our defense now has even less talent. You can't say, "Mcdonald could of been a beast on the field, so he was worth the risk," then act like it was no loss at all.

Thankfully though Mcdonald didn't have a multi-year deal with guaranteed money.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Honestly, I never even looked into the allegations against McDonald. I'm not paid to do that and don't have the spare time. My understanding is that no charges were filed. Bears FO did their due diligence and determined he was worth the risk and McDonald vowed to be professional on and off the field. He didn't live up to his end of the commitment so the Bears cut him loose. End of story...as it pertains to the Bears.

As for McDonald, he'll get what's coming to him. I neither condone his actions nor condemn the Bears for giving him a chance to get his life headed in a positive direction. NFL teams shouldn't have to be babysitters or councilors. Give talented athletes a chance but if they fuck up cut them loose.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't know a convicted rapist being released by the baers could cause this many meltdowns

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

lol...that woman is a fucking twit. If the NFL adopted a policy of docking teams picks every time a player got arrested the UDFA pool would swell to comical proportions due to half the teams in the league losing a significant portion of their picks every year. In what other industry is an company considered in some way complicit or "enabling" when one of their employees ends up being a criminal? Maybe Kraft should be charged with conspiracy since he enabled Hernandez to murder people?

mecha

Liked Posts:
this thread will not be successful until page 15.

by then, I'm sure the entire member base will be exhausted and each member will have made approximately 13 posts.

*golfclap* for CCS.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
New poster here. Hey Bears fans.

Reading this thread its interesting how many people on here seem happy to turn a blind eye to the moral/ethical aspects surrounding Ray MacDonald and the Bears. I wasn't on here at the time so didn't read the posts, but can i assume that a lot of these same people were absolutely up in arms about the Bears trading away Marshall for peanuts?

Cos on the one hand we've got a multiple pro bowl, production machine WR being virtually given away because they want to improve the culture/image of the team. Then on the other hand we've got them bringing in a "never been to a pro bowl" scumbag who lurches from one domestic abuse allegation to another, who hasn't even made it to TC before being cut for, surprise surprise, another domestic abuse case. Can someone help me out here, and give a serious explanation to what seems to be pretty glaring hypocrisy on the part of the new regime?

The only negative I see in this is whether MacDonald's presence on the roster affected Pace's draft strategy. But since MacDonald was an aging veteran on a one year deal with a no tolerance policy, I'm sure Pace took this into account.

Thats a good point, i'm just not sure i agree. If Pace was taking this into account surely he would've drafted someone at that position no? How many true 5-tech DE's are on this roster anyway? I don't see many. Ferguson sure isn't one. Sutton is a 3-tech DT. I would've said Houston cos he played there for the Raiders but the Bears seem to have him pegged for OLB.

Personally i thought there was a case for drafting a DE before this whole MacDonald thing blew up. Given whats now happened they definately should've drafted one.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/bernstein-blackhawks-now-must-fire-bobby-hull/

The Blackhawks have Bobby Hull on the payroll.

Hull’s second wife, Joanne, whom he wed in 1960 and divorced in 1980, told an ESPN documentary in 2002 that she “took a real beating” at his hands. She described an incident during which Hull “threw me in the room, and just proceeded to knock the heck out of me. He took my shoe – with a steel heel – and proceeded to hit me in the head. I was covered with blood. And I can remember him holding me over the balcony, and I thought this is the end, I’m going.”
She filed to end the marriage in 1970 after several more incidents, but they reconciled until Hull threatened her with a loaded shotgun in 1978. Their daughter, Michelle, also described his pattern of behavior to “Sports Century,” and she now works as an attorney specializing in domestic violence.
He remarried in 1984, but the incidents of physical abuse continued for new wife Deborah. Hull was arrested in the parking lot of their Willowbrook condominium in 1986 during a violent domestic altercation, and was eventually convicted for taking a swing at an intervening police officer. Willowbrook Police Chief Steven List said “there was evidence he had struck his wife in the face. She had some contusions, some swelling.”

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I get sick and tired of people who defend rapists and people who hire them by saying "ehhh... no biggie... it's a business".

You are disturbed and have emotional issues. You are tired of that, but have no problems personally tearing apart anyone who has a different opinion than you or challenges your perspective.

Sad sack of carbon-based wastage. You can feign compassion for battered women but not your fellow human beings on an internet forum. Hypocrite.