**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the national media better redo their "winners and losers" of free agency!

(they won't, i know, fuck em)

Mitchapalooza

Allen sucks with the run, so im hoping Mel Tucker can fix that. Hahahahaha nvm. But for real I hope allen gets a little better at run stopping

Sent from Cuba

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
...but how will we pay for our Rookies now?

#BradBiggsBlows

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

I can see Houston getting subbed out some on passing downs...rotate Young in who seems to be a little more disruptive as a pass rusher than Houston. But all in all that trio should be pretty good for the Bears as long as Tucker uses them right and plays to their strengths.

Eriebearfan

Liked Posts:
RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

but but but... You guys said no way you said... Said wasn't moving this money with cutler for run at Allen.

WRONG. Fuckin knew it

Are you like 10 years old? What's the deal here?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ill admit I was against signing Allen because I felt he wouldn't have much in the tank and it was against what Emery and Trestman said about getting younger on defense but if the guy still can rush the passer Ill happily eat my crow and welcome the cowboy here. I still want the Bears to draft a DE in the first 4 rounds though

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is by far our best off season move. This is an impact player. When teams are playing the Bears, they know that they have to deal with Jared Allen. You need play makers, and that is what he is.

I think Houston is an impact player too. Just more against the run. Love both of these signings.

Liked Posts:
I know some don't like the move, but I do. I think Allen has another two good seasons in the tank. It gives the Bears some flexibility in the first three rounds of the draft. Anyone know the details/language of the contract & if it's a contract that would allow the Bears to cut Allen after a certain number of year like the Peppers deal was set to do?

I do think this is a good move, do think that Allen & a couple of good young contributors from the draft could be the difference in having a 30th ranked defense, & a defense significantly closer to the middle of the pack. Which I think in the Bears case could be good enough to get into the postseason, & possibly win even the division.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 50s
Now we know why Bears were making maneuvers with salary, Cutler contract: Jared Allen signed to four-year deal. There's your pass-rusher.
Fuckin Haugh, late to the party. It was pretty much common sense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

but but but... You guys said no way you said... Said wasn't moving this money with cutler for run at Allen.

WRONG. Fuckin knew it
Calm down now cause there was only a select few that were saying that and most were thinking it could happen.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The reality of the situation is we are the most complete team in the NFC North. If Cutler stays healthy, we'll win the division. Now we use our draft picks on CB, S, WR, C, DT, and TE.

Have to give Emery credit. He's totally changed our Defense in one off-season and we haven't even hit the draft yet. We have so much flexibility now that we can just draft the BPA out of any of our positions of need. If a solid CB, safety, or DT is available at #14 - boom!

Green Bay is in for a huge surprise when they play us next year. Heck we almost beat them to win the division last year and we had the worst defense in the NFL. The tide is changing in the NFC North.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I know some don't like the move, but I do. I think Allen has another two good seasons in the tank. It gives the Bears some flexibility in the first three rounds of the draft. Anyone know the details/language of the contract & if it's a contract that would allow the Bears to cut Allen after a certain number of year like the Peppers deal was set to do?

I do think this is a good move, do think that Allen & a couple of good young contributors from the draft could be the difference in having a 30th ranked defense, & a defense significantly closer to the middle of the pack. Which I think in the Bears case could be good enough to get into the postseason, & possibly win even the division.
Good move? Dude, its the BEST move they did all Offseason.

You know what this means? It means Phil sees the O is ready to roll this offseason. HE wants to win NOW- window is now.

Sign a guy who has had a double digit sack season pretty much every year lol this is so awesome