**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I thought most people on this board were against the signing of Jared Allen in particular, and the signing of good players through FA in general. Which made no sense, and makes the congratulatory tone in this thread seem a bit hollow.

I think this is a great signing for the Bears. They still needed a pass rusher. If Emery hadn't signed Jared Allen or a similar caliber player, I don't think anyone could say that the Bears FA signing period was successful.

I thought most people were against signing Allen because the perception was he wanted too much money and too many years. This contract is great. People here say they are against signing FAs in general , but if we didn't they would bitch that Emery wasn't doing anything.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Ohhhhhhhh ohhhhhh why??? You guys said no way mright????????

Desperado....you definitely get the nod to rub it in all those who said we would not even get the mullett...even when we cleared 4 mill extra (for no reason lol)

Good call!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He is like a ten year old.
Enjoying my cup of coffee and smirkin at this.

tumblr_inline_mir0jhFHDC1qcghyl.gif

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
DAMN.....that is a lot of money for where he is in this stage of his career. I am stunned by this....

BEARS

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Desperado....you definitely get the nod to rub it in all those who said we would not even get the mullett...even when we cleared 4 mill extra (for no reason lol)

Good call!
Thanks dude. Just estatic right now when I saw this on my phone n a few texts from my buddy who is freakin out too. This is awesome.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DAMN.....that is a lot of money for where he is in this stage of his career. I am stunned by this....

BEARS

What would Lovie do?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not here to be a hater. I'll always be a fan of Jared Allen and I don't dislike the Bears like I hate the Packers or anything like that. I legitimately feel Allen is a bad fit with the Bears needs. He won't help with the league's worst rushing defense.

You probably don't follow too closely but the two other DEs we signed were amongst the best in the league against the run.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Day one of growing my mullet....well, mine is more like a skullet.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't want to go through eight pages. How does this break down --

3/26/2014: Signed a four-year, $32 million contract. The deal contains $15.5 million guaranteed and can void down to a three-year, $24 million contract.

Can he be launched cutler style with little consequence after only part of the contract or something? Are we committed to using up most of the rest of our cap space this year to the purple hillbilly?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
It has become apparent that Bad Biggs lost his inside source when Emery took over. He has less credibility than most posters on this board.

I'm sure his inside source was Jerry Angelo :p

Seriously, Biggs had a shit fit over the firing, and he really has been a total joke since.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Phil Emery is amazing

In a few seasons he's absolutely put the Bulls FO to shame with huge free agent signings and pulling trades for top 5 players

I know its a different league but still, holy shit.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love the direction Emery is taking with the lockeroom. I've always though we had a real quiet locker room. Bringing in Allen, Houston, and Young all guys with big celebrations, cocky, and loud personalities he's spicing up this locker room.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
lol Des, you're acting like you're the only one that suggested Allen becoming a Bear, and as if it's some great feat. You'd think you predicted the second coming.

Shit, by the way you're stroking yourself you probably did.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wanted him more than you I even said idiot
"I wanted him more than you" wow there's something to say about people who love to show how right they were and love to pat them selves on the back. I just don't know what it is to say.

Many people GUESSED right on this one.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice!

Go Bears and how does that crow taste?!? (You know who you are)