**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Vikings fans are saying that he lost a step and his sack numbers are inflated

I question how good Allen really is gonna be for us, but you can hardly fault Emery for the move. He's trying to fix a Dline here. Bennett turned us down. Allen was the best available and he got him.

Of course he has lost a step. he's 32. The Bears know he isn't the 28 year old Jared Allen.

And if he gets 11 inflated sacks, I am ok with it.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
#Bears didn’t represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: #Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit
$1 mil less (per year presumably) to play in Chicago instead of Oakland. Sounds about right. I don't see how we are superbowl contenders but if he does that's fine by me.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will hope for the best with Jared Allen.

I am optimistic that he will be an asset for two years.

But I'll be damned if I will wear a T Shirt with his mullet on it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52s
Make no mistake, part of Jared Allen’s reason for choosing the #Bears was his faith in Jay Cutler as a QB who can win titles.

Bahahaha this is making my day more awesome. Cutty haters gotta read that, oh man what a day.
Obviously Jared doesn't know what he's talkin bout of course

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52s
Make no mistake, part of Jared Allen’s reason for choosing the #Bears was his faith in Jay Cutler as a QB who can win titles.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m
#Bears didn’t represent the biggest $ offer for Jared Allen: #Raiders did. They were willing to pay him $9M. He believed Bears were best fit

This is thread worthy and would surely start a 8 page shit storm. It's a shame that this nugget was buried on page 24.

So Houston and Allen have both said they chose the Bears, at least partially, because Jay is the quarter back. They must be contractually obligated to do so because we all know that no one likes Cutler...

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is thread worthy and would surely start a 8 page shit storm. It's a shame that this nugget was buried on page 24.

So Houston and Allen have both said they chose the Bears, at least partially, because Jay is the quarter back. They must be contractually obligated to do so because we all know that no one likes Cutler...

not a fan of starting new threads when a related thread already exists.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Awesome news indeed. I still think you take Donald in the 1st round. It always starts on the line. For the offense and defense. Seahawks have both, and won with no big time receivers. The line protected Wilson and made holes for lynch and the receivers were open due to Wilson having time to throw. Now I never said this happens every play. But there chances at a good play were higher than a bad play because of the line. Same thing with there defense. The guys up front make Sherman even better.

Ravens Super Bowl with Dilfer. Who the fuck is Dilfer. Line protected him to make enough safe throws and created lanes for Jamal Lewis. No elite receivers either. Defense, started up front.
A good front on both sides will make the back guys look good. Your chances on winning I'll be higher as well in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jared fukin' Allen is a Chicago Bear. Fuckin awesome--seriously Emery you cheeky bastard you.

white-kid-dance-club.gif

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure that the fact that we have a decent offense was a good incentive for these guys to sign here. Lets face it, this is a team that could have gone fairly far in the playoffs if we could have put a decent defense on the field. Heck, we weren't that far from sneaking into the playoffs with what was arguably the worst defense in the league.

This makes a team like Chicago very tempting for guys that not only want to get to the playoffs again. Oakland is a mess, has been a mess and will continue to be a mess. Fixing that team will require a lot more than just bringing in some good free agents and a decent draft. Minnesota is almost as bad. But Chicago has 1/2 of a Superbowl team already set. Offensively this team could win it all. Defensively it needed help and this is what makes it so tempting. If a Houston or Allen can cause a 180 in our defense and make it not only decent but good then there is a very good chance that we could win the entire thing. We certainly have a better shot at going deep into the playoffs than Minnesota or Oakland.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remy how much do you charge to do taxes? Should be easy-- standard deduction!

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
If you read Desporado's posts with Eric Cartmen's voice, they are WAY more entertaining.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good question...I'm not allowed to do my own taxes because none of my several graduate degrees are in business/finance. I would be interested in this as well.

I'm just looking for a last-minute deal bro!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy how much do you charge to do taxes? Should be easy-- standard deduction!

I don't do taxes. I am on the audit/consulting side of things not the tax side. Honestly, if your taxes are that easy, I would just get turbo tax or tax act. They are easy to use and can handle simple tax returns.