**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
So you understand the signature...you just don't understand why I'd put it in my signature...because you have no actual knowledge of the context...you presume it was due to some argument...but even if that is the case, you STILL cannot figure out why that would be in my signature...OK.

How many arguments have you been in on the internet where the person you are arguing with claims that he has "several graduate degrees" to justify the content of his post? In 15+ years of pointless internet arguing, thats only happened to me once. Perhaps you encounter that type of claim all the time, so you fail to see the uniqueness and ridiculousness (as well as the irrelevence) to such a claim.

I included it in my signature because I found it to be humorous, but I also find humor in things like a baserunner being thrown out at home by 30 feet. I guess I'm warped like that.

First, I'm not attacking you. I was just curious. I know we have had several arguments, so I understand why you may feel like I have some ulterior motive, but right now we aren't talking about Jay Cutler or AJ Hawk. I just wanted to know.

I agree that a person arguing and throwing that out there is weird, unique, and irrelevant. I was imagining you two arguing and someone asking why he was qualified to speak as to that issue, or if he has ever graduated high school, or something that would have brought about that claim. If that was the case and he was answering a question directly asked to him, I couldn't figure out why it would be in your signature. But, if, as you say, he threw it out there to support his argument than I understand why it's in your signature. Either way, thank you for sharing, I was just curious.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hater in the house. Enjoy the cellar of the NFC North for another year....and thanks for the free parking!

Just a little reciprocity for all the Bears players the queens have jacked

Nothing personal but screw you. Yeah I am a Cub fan. It is fucked up

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What happens when you play the Packer and their no-huddle offense. This is the reason teams run the no-huddle. It either wears down your starters or keeps your best players on the bench when you try to rest them. Trying to figure out a percentage of plays you want a d-lineman to have on 1st, 2nd or 3rd down is easier said than done.

Then I probably just play Allen more as I am more concerned with the Pack's passing game than their running game Lacy notwithstanding. Again, this isn't some hard and fast rule just a general principle.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe now John Mullin will do an article saying how the packers should be afraid of the Bears? After all, he said pretty much the same thing when the puke signed Peppers

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, this is pretty awesome, damn his sack celebration still though

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you understand the signature...you just don't understand why I'd put it in my signature...because you have no actual knowledge of the context...you presume it was due to some argument...but even if that is the case, you STILL cannot figure out why that would be in my signature...OK.

How many arguments have you been in on the internet where the person you are arguing with claims that he has "several graduate degrees" to justify the content of his post? In 15+ years of pointless internet arguing, thats only happened to me once. Perhaps you encounter that type of claim all the time, so you fail to see the uniqueness and ridiculousness (as well as the irrelevence) to such a claim.

I included it in my signature because I found it to be humorous, but I also find humor in things like a baserunner being thrown out at home by 30 feet. I guess I'm warped like that.

Except that quote was not about me justifying the content of the post. That quote was when we were arguing about concussions and the NFL and you were claiming that NFL players shouldn't have taken NFL doctors at their word.

I responded that I am an educated person and I have several graduate degrees but if my doctor tells me something then I would be inclined to accept what they said because none of my degrees are in medicine.

So the quote had nothing to do with me bragging or trying to imply I had some superior knowledge. It in fact was the opposite. I was pointing out that educated or not, people will trust doctors who are suppose to look after them which is what NFL players did as it related to concussions and NFL doctors allegedly downplaying their significance. Why? Because NFL doctors are trained in medicine not NFL players and not myself. Doesn't matter how educated someone may be.

First, I'm not attacking you. I was just curious. I know we have had several arguments, so I understand why you may feel like I have some ulterior motive, but right now we aren't talking about Jay Cutler or AJ Hawk. I just wanted to know.

I agree that a person arguing and throwing that out there is weird, unique, and irrelevant. I was imagining you two arguing and someone asking why he was qualified to speak as to that issue, or if he has ever graduated high school, or something that would have brought about that claim. If that was the case and he was answering a question directly asked to him, I couldn't figure out why it would be in your signature. But, if, as you say, he threw it out there to support his argument than I understand why it's in your signature. Either way, thank you for sharing, I was just curious.

See above for my explanation of the context. In short, Rory is just trolling.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The most unhappy man in Chicago today is the now #2 best hog tier in Chicago.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peppers was the most dominate DE in the league at the time. And I think that people were stunned by the 90 mil contract. So yes....

BEARS
I believe he meant this season for the Pack and denver

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't remember claiming you attacked me. Nor would I really care.

So all this time you've been saying you didn't understand why that was put in my signature, you were lying. Because if remydat threw it out there to support his argument than you would understand why. Which is what you have now concluded. Great, thanks. Glad you were able to figure that one out on your own. Perhaps you are the one with several graduate degrees, not remydat.

I assumed you thought I was attacking you because of your insanely aggressive responses. Is this how you talk to people in person? Try using some manners.

And wtf are you talking about? I'm pretty sure I: a) concluded nothing; b) didn't lie at all. As to lie you accuse me of making, I just simply said I was imagining a situation where he was asked the question. You said that he wasn't asked that question, he offered it up voluntarily. That is not what I was imaging. And even if I was imagining what you claim actually occurred, I didn't witness it so I didn't know. It would have been pure speculation unsupported by any facts. So, how could I have lied?

As to the conclusion you say I reached, at most, without any context as to the actual conversation, I said "I was imaging situation A you say it's situation B, either way, thank you for letting me know why." I'm confused as to where I concluded anything. Maybe you're confusing my lack of a conclusion on the issue of whether what you said ACTUALLY happened, but that's because I'm not going to take anyone's word for any statement they make about an argument prior to actually reviewing the facts or thread. Instead, I refrained from concluding anything because I didn't see the actual argument. The only thing I was curious to was why that would be posted in your signature.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like all this "I guess he didn't want to win a ring or 2" bullshit from crybaby Seattle fans.

I guess going from an empty trophy case to winning one Super Bowl against an overrated, one-dimensional team and suddenly you're a god damned dynasty. Lololol.

What a bunch of douchey fgts. Almost 40 years of double digit loss seasons, and now they're the cock of the walk. Reality is going to hurt them.
Link the board if you can

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So when my doctor tells me I have terminal cancer and I seek a second opinion, I shouldn't be allowed to do so unless one of my several graduate degrees are in medicine?

What are your degrees in, BTW?

What about the below confuses you?

I am an educated person. I have several graduate degrees. None of that matters when it comes to medical advice because my degree is not in medicine. Doctors go to med school. I don't. Neither did the vast majority of agents, advisers, parents, counselors, nor the 22 year old kid.

So when the NFL is officially telling these people that they have commissioned studies and had respected neurosurgeons names attached to these studies saying there is little reason to worry then guess what, they will not worry. These dudes had official scientific medical journals allegedly serving as their mouthpiece spreading lies and disinformation about the issue and you think a parent is going to be like, "Well I am not a neurosurgeon like the guy telling you everything is fine but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night and I think there is a problem."

I just think it is weird that when medical professionals are allegedly on the take and lying to people they are suppose to be trying to protect that you want to focus not on these people who have potentially violated their duty of care but on the players and their associates because they dared to trust what the NFL's doctors and experts told them.

I assumed you thought I was attacking you because of your insanely aggressive responses. Is this how you talk to people in person? Try using some manners.

And wtf are you talking about? I'm pretty sure I: a) concluded nothing; b) didn't lie at all. As to lie you accuse me of making, I just simply said I was imagining a situation where he was asked the question. You said that he wasn't asked that question, he offered it up voluntarily. That is not what I was imaging. So, how did I lie?

As to the conclusion you say I reached, at most, without any context as to the actual conversation, I said "I was imaging situation A you say it's situation B, either way, thank you for letting me know why." I'm confused as to where I concluded anything. Maybe you're confusing my lack of a conclusion on the issue of whether what you said ACTUALLY happened, but that's because I'm not going to take anyone's word for any statement they make about an argument prior to actually reviewing the facts or thread. Instead, I refrained from concluding anything because I didn't see the actual argument. The only thing I was curious to was why that would be posted in your signature.

Again, Rory is just trolling. I have included the full post that I made the statement in so you can see the context. You can see Bearly's original post I responded to in the below. Bearly was saying players have agents, advisors, counselors, and parents advising them and my point was those people like myself may be educated but they are educated in areas other than medicine. So they are in no position to dispute what medical professionals some of whom were the leading experts in their field had to say regarding concussions.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...ries?p=1037057&highlight=educated#post1037057

36bear

Liked Posts:
HIJACKED.

move on. stay on topic.. not on each other
Mods please enforce.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ESPN seems sold

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10675823&ex_cid=espnapi_public

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10675619&ex_cid=espnapi_public

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...ars-defense-scary-again?ex_cid=espnapi_public

CHICAGO -- In the span of a season, Chicago Bears safeties Major Wright and Chris Conte went from promising young duo to clueless busts.

In the same season, the Bears defense went from reliable run-stopping takeaway bandits to an injury-riddled mess, the worst rushing defense in the league, which managed a paltry 30 sacks, tied for the fifth-lowest total in the NFL.

Welcome to Chicago, Jared Allen.

Like Dennis Rodman nearly 20 years ago, a colorful, dangerous rival is coming to Chicago with championship dreams. Give the Bears a one-peat and Allen can dye his mullet any color he pleases.

Allen, a Bears irritant in his days with Minnesota, signed a free-agent deal with the Bears on Wednesday morning worth a reported $15.5 million guaranteed. He's signed for four years, but given that he's turning 32 soon, it's more like a two-year deal.

With no pass rush thanks in part to a makeshift defensive line, the Bears defense cratered in 2013, wasting a strong offensive showing from new coach Marc Trestman and his unit. General manager Phil Emery didn't fire first-year coordinator Mel Tucker, but promised to attack the weakness of the defense as he did the offense in his previous two offseasons.

With that makeover in mind, the Bears bade goodbye to veterans Julius Peppers, Henry Melton and Corey Wootton and moved Shea McClellin to linebacker.

While re-signing a few defensive returners, Emery has quickly put together a formidable new group on the defensive line, which is of course the essence of any good defense. A pass rush is a safety's best friend.

After signing Lamarr Houston and Willie Young, and re-signing Jeremiah Ratliff to play with fellow holdovers Nate Collins and Stephen Paea, most figured the Bears would target a lineman with their first pick in the draft.

But adding Allen not only gives the Bears more experience up front, it also gives them the flexibility to take a safety to replace Wright. It also has given Bears fans a reason to start talking Super Bowl again.

In a game of intra-division musical chairs, Allen replaces the last name-brand defensive end the Bears signed in free agency, Peppers, who signed with Green Bay.

Allen is a little younger and a lot louder than Peppers. If Julius was considered Superman by his peers, then Allen is Wolverine. And I'm not just talking about his bad haircut.

The defensive end surely will bring attitude, always a good thing in moderation, and for the Bears' sake, more consistent pressure from the edge. You can mark him down now for double-digit sacks, as long as he's healthy, and given that he's never injured, you see why he's a good buy past 30. Allen had 11½ sacks last season, 12 the year before and 22 in 2011.

The Bears don't expect Allen to have a Peppers-like impact. He was brought in to give them a piece of what they were missing and all of whatever's left in his tank.

With a potent offense and a defense rebuilt from the front up, this is the team to fear in the NFC North.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Julius was considered Superman by his peers, then Allen is Wolverine. And I'm not just talking about his bad haircut.

Perfect description.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Mullet.with.cowboyhat.jpg

Someone who consistently better then Julius Peppers! Whoooo!