**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

Bears Troll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can someone clarify the contract to me .....where on the hook for 15.5mil to pay him...if we release him year 3 will we take a 8.5mil cap hit? in other words we take a 24mil cap hit at 8mill a year for 3 years?

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
I like all this "I guess he didn't want to win a ring or 2" bullshit from crybaby Seattle fans.

I guess going from an empty trophy case to winning one Super Bowl against an overrated, one-dimensional team and suddenly you're a god damned dynasty. Lololol.

What a bunch of douchey fgts. Almost 40 years of double digit loss seasons, and now they're the cock of the walk. Reality is going to hurt them.

They haven't even been around 40 years yet... and they have as many Lombardi's as us. Not sure why the hate, we just got a prized pass-rusher.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are 2 DEs so the total percentage of snaps adds up to 200%.

1st downs - Young 55%, Allen 45%, Houston 80%, Izzy 20%
2nd downs - Young 40%, Allen 60% Houston 80%, Izzy 20%
3rd downs - Young 50%, Allen 100%, Houston 25%, Shea/Bass/Washington 25%

This is under the assumption that Houston plays DT on 3rd down not DE. The point is you target 65-75% of snaps for Allen with him playing damn near 100% of the time on 3rd down and on 1st and 2nd down you are rotating him more with Young.

The exact rotation and percentages were depend on how many snaps and how those snaps break out in terms of down and distance. They are not meant to be hard and fast percentages that never change.

What happens when you play the Packer and their no-huddle offense. This is the reason teams run the no-huddle. It either wears down your starters or keeps your best players on the bench when you try to rest them. Trying to figure out a percentage of plays you want a d-lineman to have on 1st, 2nd or 3rd down is easier said than done.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;9KhbM2mqhCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KhbM2mqhCQ[/video]

My reaction to the signing.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rotation options is what I'm seeing, and that is a good thing. The one guy that should be mad about this move is Young. Obviously, Allen will be taking snaps away from him, probably a lot, but I could really see a scenario where Young, Houston and Allen rotate constantly, so they all get roughly the same snaps. Maybe moving Houston inside on possible passing downs, if he keeps his weight around 300.

Hell of a move by Emery out of the Blue, the guy has yet to not surprise me in an off season. Now this doesn't let him off the hook in the draft but hell of a move.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But Emery didn't replace peppers, it's no fair

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Emery's goal is to fix the D-line and the safeties so he can evaluate the 3 young linebackers properly.

DT is still in play for the draft, but I would think DE is a wrap. Izzy and Houston give us DT help if needed, and the #4 DT can be a mid to late round pick if we have more dire needs in 1st and 2nd round.

We really need to hit on a DT, MLB, S, and CB over the course of the next two drafts.....but I think the one that absolutely must be taken charge of is Safety.

Still....in either order, I foresee S and DT in rounds one and two unless a very special player is there at great value at MLB, or CB

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
LB and Safety are still areas of concern for sure, hopefully this draft is better than some of our recent ones.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So is Willie Young the most unhappy guy in Chicago today?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. Why is math always initiated by those not well versed.
Great signing for somebody that knows how to set up an edge.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

In related news..The NFL outlawed Allens' rodeo move he makes after a sack, It is only allowed to be done by packer players now. After all, it was in their division where it all started so the NFL grandfathered it in just for them...A packer player can now do the Allen rodeo move in the stands, after the lambeau leap, while roping a fat female packer fan as she squeals go-pack-go

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess we don't need to draft a DE early this year... DT yes... DE, can wait until round 4 or 5... LB is now the next highest need. Safety a close 2nd.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess we don't need to draft a DE early this year... DT yes... DE, can wait until round 4 or 5... LB is now the next highest need. Safety a close 2nd.

Totally agree with that. Today's signing is huge in getting a defensive play maker that the opposition now has to deal with. We really need 3 linebackers, as Briggs won't be around much longer. This has become a huge need, again.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eh?

Unlike the bums Emery has signed to the DL in recent weeks, Allen is a legitimate impact player. Why would I be mad?

Just fucking with you. You were mad about the other signings