**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
anyone who considers Houston a bum is willingly admitting to having zero football acumen.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Totally agree with that. Today's signing is huge in getting a defensive play maker that the opposition now has to deal with. We really need 3 linebackers, as Briggs won't be around much longer. This has become a huge need, again.

It'll be interesting for the LB position, but they have to give Green and Bostic an opportunity to sink or swim sooner rather than later, IMO. So I would imagine drafting one is fairly low on the priority list, unless they already know themselves that those guys aren't going to cut it.

I would imagine any secondary player should be high on the NEED list, as well as DT of course.

MacBear

Liked Posts:
Eh?

Unlike the bums Emery has signed to the DL in recent weeks, Allen is a legitimate impact player. Why would I be mad?
Houston at least is not a bum.

the Allen signing makes his all the better as they complement each other's strengths. Run stuffer: check. Pass rusher: check. situational/ratation/backup: check

all we are missing is an impact DT and the Dline could be one of the better lines in the league after being shit the year before

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It'll be interesting for the LB position, but they have to give Green and Bostic an opportunity to sink or swim sooner rather than later, IMO. So I would imagine drafting one is fairly low on the priority list, unless they already know themselves that those guys aren't going to cut it.

I would imagine any secondary player should be high on the NEED list, as well as DT of course.

I have more hope at this point for Greene than Bostic.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I don't think so. If Emery's goal was to evaluate the 3 young linebackers properly, he wouldn't have put them all at the LOLB spot. He seems to be trying to contain their suckage to one spot on the defense, instead of 2-3.

I agree. I do have a question though, it's off topic. I don't understand your signature. What's the point of it?

MacBear

Liked Posts:
Totally agree with that. Today's signing is huge in getting a defensive play maker that the opposition now has to deal with. We really need 3 linebackers, as Briggs won't be around much longer. This has become a huge need, again.
Skov or Mosely would be sweet in the draft

Haha Clinton-Dix and Skov in the 1st 2 rounds would be great

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have more hope at this point for Greene than Bostic.

Fair enough, I'll give them both another year before I have an opinion either way. I also think that very few LBers would have looked decent with our crap line last season. So I give the group a slight pass for that reason.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I guess we don't need to draft a DE early this year... DT yes... DE, can wait until round 4 or 5... LB is now the next highest need. Safety a close 2nd.

I disagree......if you think a potential difference making DE is available you take him.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Bostic 22? I don't see the point in completely counting him out.

You're right, and he did walk into a tough tough situation. I was just favoring Greene a bit more. I hope they both work out.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
No. What part of the signature don't you understand?

I understand that remydat has multiple graduate degrees, if he is to be taken at his word. I'm just unclear why you'd put that in your signature. It doesn't really make sense to me. I was trying to figure it out, but, alas, I could not. That is to say, I could not without making up facts that I have no actual knowledge of. I presume that at some point you and remydat got into an argument of sorts and somehow that came up. If that's the case, I still cannot figure out why that would be in your signature. So, maybe remydat is a known liar or you know him personally, or who knows. It just has me curious.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough, I'll give them both another year before I have an opinion either way. I also think that very few LBers would have looked decent with our crap line last season. So I give the group a slight pass for that reason.

I agree with that too.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I understand that remydat has multiple graduate degrees, if he is to be taken at his word. I'm just unclear why you'd put that in your signature. It doesn't really make sense to me. I was trying to figure it out, but, alas, I could not. That is to say, I could not without making up facts that I have no actual knowledge of. I presume that at some point you and remydat got into an argument of sorts and somehow that came up. If that's the case, I still cannot figure out why that would be in your signature. So, maybe remydat is a known liar or you know him personally, or who knows. It just has me curious.

I would say read the several dozen threads Remy extends with his skewed arguments trying to find an angle to being right within... Or just the most recent Tillman thread and you'll see what it's about.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Suh no way, but who is. Tommie Harris in his prime is a whole new ballgame. Donalds body of work at the collegiate level is every bit as impressive as Tommie's was as a pass rushing DT that is/was solid(not great from either player) vs. run. As a matter fact, for the sake of comparison, you can take away Donald best season, since he played 4 seasons, in order to compare both players over a flat 3 year span that Tommie spent with Oklahoma, & Donald, even with the slow start to 2012, is still as impressive as Harris was over his 3 years with the Sooners. Even the combine result from the two players are almost identical with the only real difference being the BP number. It's not unreasonable at all to consider the possibility that Donalds play could translate to similar to Tommie Harris pre injury. Not to mention Donalds height & playing weight at 6'1"/288 is only one inch & two pounds lighter than the 6'2"/290 size & weight that Harris had coming out of Oklahoma. I think the two are so similar coming out of college it's almost scary, especially when you consider the possibility of Donald at #14 which was exactly the pick used on Harris in 2004.

The only real difference between the two is Tommie had other players around him, with the Sooners, good enough to capitalize on the havoc he caused up front. Donald did not have that luxury at PITT.
You have an unhealthy obsession with Donald.

I just hope when the Bears pass on him in May you don't hurt yourself, your family or dog.