dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does the fact that Houston and Izzy will probably see time inside make the secondary a bigger need than DT?

I think Allen's signing has increased the chances we go safety or CB in round 1.
I think so. I know some people will still want Donald and i love him but we could say that as of right now our starting D-Line and starting corners are set which leaves us with needing two safeties and a MLB to get in the draft which could easily be done and if Emery hits big in the draft our team is a contender.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
common sense move by Emery, he was pissed about not getting Bennett

now Jared get to face the Packers, lions & Vikings , three teams that passed on him, hope he makes em pay!

A Stud Safety would look great in this Defense now, Dix on the mind?

Bjqbrm4CAAEb-dF.jpg

Rogers luvs cock.

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 12m
Allen to receive $32M over four years, with $15.5M guaranteed, per @MikeGarafolo. Translation: contract is 2 years, $15.5 million.

I heard that the guaranteed portion was to be paid out over the first two years. Is that correct? If so how does that work? Is the third year entirely incentive based if he's on the roster? And what if he's not?

Above is where i got that, not sure if its just pure speculation

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I hate the "media hatez da bearz" thing but in this case it's pretty acurate. Was stuck in trafic for an hour this morning and on Sirius NFL they spent the whole fucking time talking about goalpost height and how ST rules changes are ruining football.

Well its not like he's going to a real team. It's just the Bears, nobody cares about them.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like all this "I guess he didn't want to win a ring or 2" bullshit from crybaby Seattle fans.

I guess going from an empty trophy case to winning one Super Bowl against an overrated, one-dimensional team and suddenly you're a god damned dynasty. Lololol.

What a bunch of douchey fgts. Almost 40 years of double digit loss seasons, and now they're the cock of the walk. Reality is going to hurt them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So it's looking like 4 Years for 32 mil with 15.5 guaranteed. Contract can be voided after 3 years at 24 mil
What does that even mean? All contracts are voidable at any time, it's just a matter of guaranteed money owed and base and roster $ saved. Is this somehow different than any other contract?

wittman

Walter's biggest fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Bears shouldn't pick up any pass rushers on defense then? Makes sense...

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 12m
Allen to receive $32M over four years, with $15.5M guaranteed, per @MikeGarafolo. Translation: contract is 2 years, $15.5 million.

Fuckin highway robbery.

Yeah, what a horrible move! Pay less for a true pass rusher (a massive need) 3 years younger, averaging over 12 sacks every year he's been in the damn league, and enabling the team to pay for 2 more FA defensive starters within the same cap space. What the hell was Emery thinking?!?!

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks are one-demensial? Could you explain what you mean by that?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks are one-demensial? Could you explain what you mean by that?
I believe he meant the Broncos are one dimensional so easy for Seattle to beat. Personally if the Bears won it all only once more in my lifetime I would indulge in a little cockiness too. Also I think signing Jared Allen entitles you to less swag than winning the superbowl. Just sayin'.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel WAY better about the Houston signing now. For quite awhile I've been pretty vocal saying I didn't get the moves made because this sort of Allen signing didn't appear imminent. Houston at LE I can see has being a potentially massive upgrade. Allen should be at worst as good as Peppers was if not substantially better. At about $8 mil a year for Allen and $7 for Houston that's pretty reasonable for the next few years assuming Allen just doesn't fall off a cliff. It gives Emery time to stock up on some players and develop. I'm a bit more on board with a DT at 14 now though CB and S may arguably be as big if not bigger needs.
Definitely on board with a DT at 14 now, and remember, a better front 4 will mean less time for the QB, and less the safeties and corners have to cover. So by improving our pass rush, we have reduced the amount of time our secondary has to cover, which should make them better.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like all this "I guess he didn't want to win a ring or 2" bullshit from crybaby Seattle fans.

I guess going from an empty trophy case to winning one Super Bowl against an overrated, one-dimensional team and suddenly you're a god damned dynasty. Lololol.

What a bunch of douchey fgts. Almost 40 years of double digit loss seasons, and now they're the cock of the walk. Reality is going to hurt them.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but Seattle has only had 9 double digit loss seasons in 38 years.

Edited to add: During that same time period the Bears and Packers have both had 9 double digit loss seasons as well.

wittman

Walter's biggest fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Bears shouldn't pick up any pass rushers on defense then? Makes sense...

Fuck yeah! Redneck Rodeo!!! Seriously though, you can't have enough good pass rushers. Now all we is Donald, and that my friends is how you rebuild a defensive line.

lol! That always bugged me about him. Now I'm going to have to get me some Redneck Crazy, Country Boy Can Survive, or Redneck Girl!!! :buttrock:

And btw, I gotta get me some Scarlett Johansson for real! :elephant:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol! That always bugged me about him. Now I'm going to have to get me some Redneck Crazy, Country Boy Can Survive, or Redneck Girl!!! :buttrock:

And btw, I gotta get me some Scarlett Johansson for real! :elephant:

[video=youtube;2agO4PhJTLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2agO4PhJTLs[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jared Allen INSTANTLY comes in as the best DE on the team. I don't know where Remy is going with this one...

BEARS

Houston and Young are both better against the run. Let's say on average teams run 65% on first down, 45% of 2nd down and 20% on 3rd down.

My point was simply, in a DE rotation of Allen, Houston, and Young I would make sure Allen plays most of the time on 3rd down, he and Young would probably split snaps on 2nd down with Allen maybe getting slightly more snaps and then on first down, I would probably have Young get more snaps.

So it's not that he only exclusively plays on 3rd down. It's that the Bears likely will have data on how often teams run or pass depending on down and distance and they should rotate the DEs based on that data. Since teams run more on 1st down, that might mean Young getting more snaps on 1st down than Allen but if it makes Allen feel better to get that first snap of the game on 1st down ie to start then so be it. That would just be one of say the 40% of first down snaps he plays versus the 60% of 1st down snaps Young plays.