**Bears sign DE Jared Allen to 4 year contract**

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Just go BPA. If Donald's on the board that's him imo. If not then either a safety or DE will be(Ealy or Dix/Pryor). Yes, I'd still draft Ealy.

Oh, and I want you to know that I choose this avatar simply because I want to see most of you burn.

maybe you would, but I can almost guarantee that our GM that went out and signed 4 Defensive ends in free agency is not looking at DE with the 14th pick...

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
considering you are digging up when I just found out.. Ok? Lol that was pages ago!

No, it's because you're doing it every 10 fucking posts in this thread. It's annoying.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say he was going to be. When you're done sucking your own dick, maybe you'll realize that.

My point is that whatever demands he made 2 weeks ago don't mean shit.

I would love to see a DE rotation a la 2006, because we have some DEs with diverse skillsets, but am not holding my breath, and it does NOT mean I think Jared Allen should be in Mark Womanderson's role.

I'm sure they discussed this when meeting with the Bears. I doubt the Bears would use him any other way than they told him they would.. That would just be shady, you don't want to promise players one thing and then do another, starts a bad reputation. So if Allen made it clear he wants to be a starter and the Bears signed him I'm sure he'll probably be a starter... I don't think we signed him to this deal to be a situational player but that's just me. I guess well find out.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I have seen plenty to pass on him at 14. He is no Suh or Tommie Harris in his prime. Take BPA vs need. Simple.

The fact remains that if he on the board he's both the BPA and fills a need. And talent wise he's capable of being just as good as those players.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
maybe you would, but I can almost guarantee that our GM that went out and signed 4 Defensive ends in free agency is not looking at DE with the 14th pick...

Any GM worth a damn goes BPA, and considering Allen is good for maybe a couple years it's not exactly like the position is all locked up for years to come. Plus you can never have to many pass rushers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Strike two Phil Emery. First Shea McClellin now Jared Allen :troll:

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Gotta say that I was quite against the Allen signing, especially since I thought he'd be about 10 mil per year. I still think it's an expensive contract, but it's easier to accept when the entirety of Allen's contract guaranteed is about the same as what Peppers' cap hit this season would have been. Pretty good replacement I guess. 3 years seem like a lot though. Would like to know how the contract is broken down.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they discussed this when meeting with the Bears. I doubt the Bears would use him any other way than they told him they would.. That would just be shady, you don't want to promise players one thing and then do another, starts a bad reputation. So if Allen made it clear he wants to be a starter and the Bears signed him I'm sure he'll probably be a starter... I don't think we signed him to this deal to be a situational player but that's just me. I guess well find out.

If he gets 75% of snaps, is he a starter? The Bears will likely use a rotation. In that rotation, they should try to get Allen as many pass rushing snaps as possible and give Young more of the run D snaps. In the end though, Allen should still get something like 650-800 snaps on D especially if Houston is playing inside some as well.

I don't think he should be playing like 90-95% of the snaps like he was in Minny ie over 1,000 snaps as it's not a good use of the resources we now have and it probably just makes him wear down.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Peppers just got 8.5 per year, Ware got 10, Allen has outperformed both and got 8? Confused?

Fair point. It's just hard to make argument that alot of Bears fans were making that Peppers is done, when Allen has taken almost 600 more snaps over the course of 4 years. Bears fans said that Green Bay overpaid, but it's that essentially the same money per season. And also, I thought the intention was to get younger....

All that being said, I do very much like the signing. The money irks me due to the feeling of this being a bandaid instead of TRUE rebuilding, but you are replacing of the best DE in the league at one time with another one of the best DE in the league at on time...

BEARS

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any GM worth a damn goes BPA, and considering Allen is good for maybe a couple years two it's not exactly like the position is all locked up for years to come. Plus you can never have to many pass rushers.

NYG had no need for a pass rusher when they picked up JPP, but he was the BPA on their board and they pulled trigger. I'd say that kinda worked out for them, IMO.

Pass rush is the key people and you can never have too much talent on the Dline, IMO.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yay! We can "pump him for information"

I hear he is a fairly good football player too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Time to rain on the parade. Tucker is still coordinating this defense!!
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Time to rain on the parade. Tucker is still coordinating this defense!!
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Oh, you mother fucker.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait to get Bear player first reactions in the next day or so. Briggs, Tillman, Houston, Ratliff....all these cats.

I expect Briggs is humored, Tillman is philosophical, and Houston is most excited and loving his decision to come to a franchise trying to win....gets him over his disappointment about Melton